Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Closer Look at 2011 QB Prospects:Cam Newton

darrelgreenie

One thing I will say about Newton making mistakes is that it IS possible to change. Hell, one of the reasons Sean Taylor was my favorite player was because he started out a knuckle head, and he ended up maturing. It's in my sig and will always remain there. It isn't impossible for a young guy to mature, because honestly I think that's what it comes down to. I can understand why some wouldn't want to take that risk, but you shouldn't outright dismiss the possibility of him turning his life around. Imagine if we had a coach like Tony Dungy on our team. I wouldn't doubt that Newton would be a stand up player character wise, and that's all it takes sometimes, a guy like Dungy to invest in these young men and take them under their wing.

I'm not sure if Shanahan is that type of coach, and to be honest, he doesn't have to be if he chooses. I just think that in the right situation, with the right guidance, this kid can take all of the physical tools he has and be a monster in this league.

friend, the only person that doesnt get it is you. the next time you want to insult someone you may want to make sure you dont live up to your chosen name calling in doing so. not only is it ironic but it negates any argument you may have intended and leaves people thinking you AN ill tempered fool.

Sorry Irep this is the last one.

Like I said earlier only a pathetic loser nerd would find grammar errors funny. Get a life or if it's that important to you go judge a spelling bee or become a english teacher...the kids need it.

If you need perfect grammar to understand what someones saying then you are a IDIOT. Who cares about grammar and word placement? If you get the point of what I'm saying then thats all that matters. This isn't school, you aren't the spelling police.

Like I said I'm happy to bring some laughter into your pathetic life, and nice job of deflecting the point of my post which you seemed to understand because you didn't say i was wrong.

Now go get a life or continue to look for mistakes in post so you can have laughter and joy in your life...it makes no difference to me. I'm done with this Loser

Now enough of that and back to the topic at hand

would it be okay if i interjected and merely laughed at.......

"f you don't think race plays a factor then your an NAIVE IDIOT"

You wanna know whats even MORE ironic about YOUR post?

This whole topic has gone to ****. I’m not surprised, but it’s upsetting that you people (my attempt at humor, considering the current trend of the topic) can’t just have a good discussion about football when this kid is concerned.

Yall don’t like him. Great. Its not hard to read the undertones in some of your posts so don’t be surprised when someone calls you out on it.

But can we get back to the football talk please? I really did like this topic before a few of you became so vocal in it.

One thing I will say about Newton making mistakes is that it IS possible to change. Hell, one of the reasons Sean Taylor was my favorite player was because he started out a knuckle head, and he ended up maturing. It's in my sig and will always remain there. It isn't impossible for a young guy to mature, because honestly I think that's what it comes down to. I can understand why some wouldn't want to take that risk, but you shouldn't outright dismiss the possibility of him turning his life around. Imagine if we had a coach like Tony Dungy on our team. I wouldn't doubt that Newton would be a stand up player character wise, and that's all it takes sometimes, a guy like Dungy to invest in these young men and take them under their wing.

I'm not sure if Shanahan is that type of coach, and to be honest, he doesn't have to be if he chooses. I just think that in the right situation, with the right guidance, this kid can take all of the physical tools he has and be a monster in this league.

I mostly agree ( I don't think taylor was a knuckle head) but I don't even think cam has made any serious mistakes. He cheated on a test...wow big deal im sure no other pro has done that...yea right.

He bought a stolen laptop...in the hood thats called a hookup or getting it for the low. Its not like he has gun or drug charges

This whole topic has gone to ****. I’m not surprised, but it’s upsetting that you people (my attempt at humor, considering the current trend of the topic) can’t just have a good discussion about football when this kid is concerned.

Yall don’t like him. Great. Its not hard to read the undertones in some of your posts so don’t be surprised when someone calls you out on it.

But can we get back to the football talk please? I really did like this topic before a few of you became so vocal in it.

Exactly if its a spade then call it a spade. And I don't care who doesn't like it im going to continue yo call those with the undertones out.

Sorry Irep this is the last one.

Like I said earlier only a pathetic loser nerd would find grammar errors funny. Get a life or if it's that important to you go judge a spelling bee or become a english teacher...the kids need it.

If you need perfect grammar to understand what someones saying then you are a IDIOT. Who cares about grammar and word placement? If you get the point of what I'm saying then thats all that matters. This isn't school, you aren't the spelling police.

Like I said I'm happy to bring some laughter into your pathetic life, and nice job of deflecting the point of my post which you seemed to understand because you didn't say i was wrong.

Now go get a life or continue to look for mistakes in post so you can have laughter and joy in your life...it makes no difference to me. I'm done with this Loser

Now enough of that and back to the topic at hand

i tried. if you are going to call someone an IDIOT try not to prove yourself one while doing it. is that clear enough for you? how about this, ill stop addressing this subject and look for the life you so adamantly suggest i lack IF you agree to also get back to the original topic while also agreeing to complete an elementary education.

as to cam...kids make mistakes so his off the field things in college dont really bother me. however, i dont see him ever being a successful nfl qb.

Exactly if its a spade then call it a spade. And I don't care who doesn't like it im going to continue yo call those with the undertones out.

I’m not necessarily agreeing with you. I do see where you’re coming from. But you need to learn to pick your battles bruh. Know your audience and understand that sometimes it’s just not worth it.

This is one of those times. It’s not worth it. You’re not gonna make the world a better place on this website, unfortunately, so it’s better for all parties involved if you just accepted it for what it is (in this case) and move on. You and I could probably have a really good discussion about this over a beer though.

So...football. (I would rather read it than talk about it lol. So what im a hypocrite!)

Wow, it seems like the slow is running around here, hey buddy, he was quoting Chillzskin fan, he ****ed up the English language with YOUR AN IDIOT...English fail......

Secondly, Cam Newton is pretty much bringing a Jason Campbell level divide...which is scary in its own way...to this board. The kid is controversial and it will only increase if he becomes the QB for this team (knock on wood, God forbid)

friend, the only person that doesnt get it is you. the next time you want to insult someone you may want to make sure you dont live up to your chosen name calling in doing so. not only is it ironic but it negates any argument you may have intended and leaves people thinking you AN ill tempered fool.

You do realize "an" is the correct word to use in this instance correct? It sounds like you might be mocking him with that line, but AN would be correctly used in that situation.

If you didn't know you were using it improperly, this just might be the irony of all ironies.

If you don't think race plays a factor then your an NAIVE IDIOT. Why don't you try joining the real world instead of whatever fantasy land your living in.

Im not talking about people questioning his judgement. People have every right to do that.

I'm talking about the people who say he isn't smart enough to run a pro offense, or not smart enough to read nfl defenses. The other qbs aren't dealing with those rediculous questions.

Name one other highprofiled black qb that came out that didn't have to go through those same questions...and ill sit and wait for you to answer that because you can't.

Now join the real world and acknowledge that this stuff goes on instead of acting like it's a thing of the past. And people wonder why we as a society can't get past racism...its because people like you get scared and act like it doesn't exist everytime its brought up. Grow the fuk up. Now ridicule that.

And by the way aren't you the same dude that tried to tell me that the media has nothing to do with a players draft stock? Well its mighty funny that cam has gone from 10 to 3 after one workout for the MEDIA. I told you perception is reality...remember that

Original post by whatever his name is

---------- Post added February-23rd-2011 at 08:07 PM ----------

You do realize "an" is the correct word to use in this instance correct? It sounds like you might be mocking him with that line, but AN would be correctly used in that situation.

Ok, the slow IS running around here...enjoy the Cam Newton excuses fest....I'm out

Ok, the slow IS running around here...enjoy the Cam Newton excuses fest....I'm out

Apparently it is, because it's pretty obvious I wasn't referring to the post you think I was. Rather I was referring to the one I directly quoted, where the poster capitalized AN, and used it properly.

Hence the reason I made it bold in the post I quoted.

And please don't leave the thread Killerbee, I don't know what would do without your pointless one liners.

Wow, it seems like the slow is running around here, hey buddy, he was quoting Chillzskin fan, he ****ed up the English language with YOUR AN IDIOT...English fail......

Secondly, Cam Newton is pretty much bringing a Jason Campbell level divide...which is scary in its own way...to this board. The kid is controversial and it will only increase if he becomes the QB for this team (knock on wood, God forbid)

Come on guy, why even come at me with that bull? I wasnt talking to you, and this has nothing to do with football. At all.

There are two incorrect words in that sentence. One of them was AN. The other was YOUR (It should have been you're).I was commenting on how funny it is to see someone call one person’s grammar bad, and omit another grammar error in the same sentence. Dont call me slow cause you didnt get it. You guys are way to combative on this board for no reason.

And Jason Campbell was never really what that divide was about. Im shocked you dont see that.

this is the last time i will address the issue. YES i know I used AN correctly. i was attempting to show when and where to use AN. as opposed to when someone else used it INCORRECTLY while calling another poster an IDIOT.

Newton reminds me of in no particular order of the worst of: Ryan Leaf; Tebow; Wuerffel: Vince Young; Schuler; Russell: and Roeslesburger. No thanks!!!

EDIT: Forgot to add in Jeff ****ing George. Not to mention trading away the future for McNabb that worked out so well for us.

There are two incorrect words in that sentence. One of them was AN. The other was YOUR (It should have been you're).I was commenting on how funny it is to see someone call one person’s grammar bad, and omit another grammar error in the same sentence. Dont call me slow cause you didnt get it. You guys are way to combative on this board for no reason.

Want to know what's even funnier? It appears the same poster in a mocking manner tried to use "an" in his own post, and accidentally used in the proper way. It doesn't appear that he meant to either.

this is the last time i will address the issue. YES i know I used AN correctly. i was attempting to show when and where to use AN. as opposed to when someone else used it INCORRECTLY while calling another poster an IDIOT.

actually an idiot is correct too, and forgive me for not thinking you were being serious

this was your sentence

not only is it ironic but it negates any argument you may have intended and leaves people thinking you AN ill tempered fool.

That sounds like your purposefully trying to use improper English, if you weren't it's still funny because it's YOU'RE not YOU. It's just a jab don't take it to seriously, honestly who cares about grammar on a message board anyways.

honestly who cares about grammar on a message board anyways.

While I admit I've had my grammar nazi moments :ols:, you are the guy who mistakenly called out a double negative last week, mis-reading the sentence. So it seems that you care ;)

Nobody cares about grammar on a message board and if you do then like I previously stated in my opinion you are a loser and a nerd. If you get the point of what someone is trying to say then that should be good enough.

You want to know whats even funnier? I have skype style texting on my phone and sometimes it puts words that you don't mean to put because its predicting what your typing. So in the original post I didn't mean to put an I just didn't check it before I pushed reply. So all of this grammar talk was all because of a mistake.

So onedrop I wouldn't be so quick to judge.

---------- Post added February-23rd-2011 at 09:01 PM ----------

I’m not necessarily agreeing with you. I do see where you’re coming from. But you need to learn to pick your battles bruh. Know your audience and understand that sometimes it’s just not worth it.

This is one of those times. It’s not worth it. You’re not gonna make the world a better place on this website, unfortunately, so it’s better for all parties involved if you just accepted it for what it is (in this case) and move on. You and I could probably have a really good discussion about this over a beer though.

So...football. (I would rather read it than talk about it lol. So what im a hypocrite!)

I def feel what your saying, but thats just not how I was raised. My grandmother was a famous civil rights activist in the 60s and 70s...its in my blood to try and make this world a better place lol. No matter what the setting is if I see somethings thats not right I'm going to say something.

But i respect what your saying and you do have a point...its just easier said than done for me.

And for the record it's nothing personal against anyone on here im just passionate about what I believe in.

This thread is going to get closed soon.

Before it does, Malletts drug problems/addiction has nothing to do with weed.

Those who think he has the second most character issues are very very mistaken.

I don't know why it would be closed. Isn't the purpose of a discussion board to have discussions?

I don't think people here are that sensitive.

But can you explain what issues he has? I only heard that he may of smoked weed. What else happened?

I don't know why it would be closed. Isn't the purpose of a discussion board to have discussions?

I don't think people here are that sensitive.

But can you explain what issues he has? I only heard that he may of smoked weed. What else happened?

I actually didn't know about weed, I've heard about cocaine on multiple occasions.

Archived