Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Early predictions for SB 46?

hail2skins

You don't think Chicago will still have a great defense and Cutler in year 2 under Martz will improve? Hester and Knox don't exactly make for much of a receiving corps. Improve that OLIne a bit and bring in a legit WR or 2 and that offense will be sick.

The Packers will win the North, which means that the Bears will need a wild card spot. You can probably give one of the WCs to the Falcons or Saints, which means the Bears will be competing with probably the Bucs, maybe the Lions, and a team from the NFCE. So them not making the playoffs isn't completely crazy.

I will save you all from the long drawn out response i had to this....LOL...But we are in for a real treat really. I mean Football is gonna be locked out, and by the time these people get it together and agree.........The NFL will be on a modified (shortened) season.....which prolly means the Skins will win the SB.

But, all things considered, ya have to go with the teams that are comfortable with their schemes and not having too many changes (assistant coach and/or head coach changes ......

GB Vs Giants (Saints will suffer with this "move issue" I bet anything it will become a problem.....

Ptt Vs Colts

Colts VS Packers and Manning out duels Rodgers and denies the Pack a repeat title

The formula is elite AFC team vs. somewhat of a surprise NFC team. Next year I think a elite AFC team will make it to the SB once again (Pats, Colts, Jets, Steelers, Ravens), but as for the NFC I think there will will finally be a repeat team of the last 10 years. Right now I like the Saints, Giants, and Eagles. If there is going to be a surprise team to make the SB then it will be the Cowboys, Vikings, or...RAMS!!! Yes, the Rams should make a lot of noise next year. They have the QB and SB winning defensive coordinator as a HC. It is way to early, but I will go with...

Colts (if Bob Sanders is not healthy then the Ravens) vs. Giants with the AFC winning it

I take it back...I think the Chargers are going to drastically improve after missing the playoffs and finally make it to the SB only to lose to the Giants.

The formula is elite AFC team vs. somewhat of a surprise NFC team. Next year I think a elite AFC team will make it to the SB once again (Pats, Colts, Jets, Steelers, Ravens), but as for the NFC I think there will will finally be a repeat team of the last 10 years. Right now I like the Saints, Giants, and Eagles. If there is going to be a surprise team to make the SB then it will be the Cowboys, Vikings, or...RAMS!!! Yes, the Rams should make a lot of noise next year. They have the QB and SB winning defensive coordinator as a HC. It is way to early, but I will go with...

Colts (if Bob Sanders is not healthy then the Ravens) vs. Giants with the AFC winning it

I take it back...I think the Chargers are going to drastically improve after missing the playoffs and finally make it to the SB only to lose to the Giants.

Did the Packers decide not to play next year?

we decided it wasn't fair to the rest of the NFL what with all our players coming off IR and all...

Gotcha. Thanks.

In related news...http://warrensburg.fox4kc.com/content/undefeated-youth-football-team-banned-playoffs

Undefeated Youth Football Team Banned From Playoffs

Literally, they were too good, so the league officials banned them from the playoffs.

The SB champions always look invincible right after the SB. The Bears can run with them if Cutler is healthy. Also think the Eagles can beat em as well. I wouldn't count out the Lions, Saints, Vikings, and a superb pass-rushing team. Actually I would like to go on record right now and say the Saints will beat the Packers next year. Gregg Williams would draw up a great gameplan just like he did when he beat the Pats and Colts in their SB year.

The Packers are insanely deep, at just about every position. The fact that they lost so many quality players last year, coupled with the fact that their replacements stepped in and did a good, if not great job replacing them, gaining quality reps in the process, will do nothing but help them immensely.

The only thing they could really improve on is their running game, and seeing as how well Rogers played this year, and especially in the SB with the gameplan resting solely on his shoulders, it wasn't really necessary. I have no doubt however that once Grant returns, they'll be back on track in that department. They have another full draft this year, and I expect Ted Thompson to continue his impressive hit streak. I expect the Pack to be making reservations for Indy at Super Bowl XLVI.

As for the AFC, the Pats have Tom Brady, and a young defense that will surely get better next season with experience. They have an elite TE core, which was the catalyst for their Super Bowl run in the early 00's on offense with guys like Fauria, Graham, Wiggins, Watson, etc, along with a strong running game, but they need a big play WR to stretch the field so defenses can't clamp down on their intermediate/short passing game. I'd look for them to address that this offseason, whether it be by using their insane plethora of draft picks to move up into the 1st round to get a stud WR, or explore options in FA.

The same goes with finding an elite pass rusher. Either way, they have enough ammunition to do pretty much whatever they want, and there is no doubt in my mind that they'll make the most of their opportunities, improve on last season, address their weaknesses, and come out guns ablaze next season.

Your Super Bowl: The Green Bay Packers vs. The New England Patriots, with the Packers coming out victorious.

People bring up how the Saints were expected to repeat, but I don't think that's true. The Saints were the oldest team in 2009 and basically came out of nowhere(they missed the playoffs the two previous years). The Packers should be the favorites next year. They are the second youngest team and are only going to be getting players back from IR to make them even more dangerous. Young teams don't tend to lose motivation either, they are hungry and want to keep winning. I really think the 2010s Packers will be the next NFL dynasty. Franchise QB that is just hitting his prime. Great head coach that gets the best out of his players and isn't overly rah rah rah(meaning guys won't tune him out later). Fantastic FO that knows the right way to build franchises.

lets not forget....if the Giants punter simply does what he was told to do, and punts the ball out of bounds, then The Packers don't even get into the playoffs....

Thats why they play the games, because players make mistakes/plays. Anyone who watches football could see that their punter was going to be a liability for them, but they kept him around. He probably cost them more then one game. That was their choice.

Yes. And?
Thats why they play the games, because players make mistakes/plays. Anyone who watches football could see that their punter was going to be a liability for them, but they kept him around. He probably cost them more then one game. That was their choice.

oh no no no...I get that...

and I am not implying a darn thing with that except to say, its a long hard season and a 16 game schedule...The Packers played bad enough (and mostly due to injuries) to be left out of the playoffs.....YET, they were "Clearly" the best team in the NFL down the stretch and in the playoffs (including in the SB)

So yes indeed, the best team won the SB and made the playoffs fair and square.....just funny ho0w a shank of a punt, right down the middle of the field changed EVERYTHING........its hard to shank a kick down the middle of the field.

Exactly, you can play the "what if' game with almost every SB champion.

" What If" Brett Favre doesn't throw that INT in The '09 NFCCG?

"What If" Adrian Wilson tips that ball to Santonio Holmes in Super Bowl 43?

" What If" Eli Manning doesn't escape that would-be sack in SB 42? "What if" Samuel intercepts the sidleine throw?

It just opens up a menaningless can of worms.

* And TRPB, I get what you're saying, that's what makes the NFL a great game.

Archived