Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Early predictions for SB 46?

hail2skins

Granted we haven't had everyone even exit Jerruh World for this Super Bowl, and we haven't had free agency or the draft yet, but just was curious about who your early picks to play in SB 46 are. Assume there's a deal reached and all 16 games are played by "real" NFL players.

Even though the Packers were the pick of many to be the NFC rep, some folks thought that the Cowboys would play in the big game at their home field. Next year's game will be at Indy. I know a lot of folks are probably predicting their demise, but I think the Colts have a nice shot of playing in February in the SB.

In the NFC, the Packers look primed to make another appearance. However, I think the tendency of a lot of people is to pick someone different, given the difficulty of being a back-to-back champ. If not GB, who? Do the Saints make a resurgence? Or does the NFC have a brand new representative for the 11th season in a row (Skins? Cowboys? Lions? Vikings? Falcons? 49ers?)?

It'll be interesting to see who the "experts" pick in the summer. Till then, not too much longer until the schedule comes out, the draft, and hopefully FA.

I'm sticking with the Pack. Obviously they're my team, but bring back Grant, Finley, Barnett, Chillar, B. Jones, Burnett, Jolly, Neal, J. Harrell... we've got a stacked IR to draw even more talent from. Only thing I worry about is an aging Charles Woodson, but that's not really a huge concern since we've got two good CBs behind him (well, in Williams' case, I'd say ahead of him) and Underwood and P. Lee developing behind them.

Before the season I said Packers vs Ravens with Pack winning it. I wish I would have put my money on the Pack winning it. Before the draft or FA its really hard to predict. I think with the talent the Pack has coming off IR and how well they fill in (and being returning champs) Id say they are still going to be the team to beat in the NFC. I'll say Patriots will come back fierce next year after they draft a bunch of studs for that defense.

Pack v Pats

Honestly you have to say the Pack. The amount of talent they have on IR is sickening!!!!

Dude, the Saints were expected to make another deep run again this year. How'd that turn out? No, you don't have to say the Pack. In fact, teams rarely get back to the Super Bowl the next year. I'm going with the Falcons. That embarrassing loss they suffered at home to the Packers will be enough motivation to get them further next year.

Honestly, the Patriots are probably the team to count on making multiple SB appearances in the next 5 years. They're already a really talented team. Then look at all the picks they have coming up in the draft. Scary.

AFC reps to the big dance since 2003:

2003-2004: Pats

2005: Steelers

2006: Colts

2007: Pats

2008: Steelers

2009: Colts

2010: Steelers

For all the talk of how difficult it is to stay elite in this era, that's still an impressive run by the three AFC monsters. I wonder when and if one of the "second tier" clubs (Ravens, Jets, Chargers) or anyone else will break through.

Dude, the Saints were expected to make another deep run again this year. How'd that turn out? No, you don't have to say the Pack. In fact, teams rarely get back to the Super Bowl the next year. I'm going with the Falcons. That embarrassing loss they suffered at home to the Packers will be enough motivation to get them further next year.

Honestly, the Patriots are probably the team to count on making multiple SB appearances in the next 5 years. They're already a really talented team. Then look at all the picks they have coming up in the draft. Scary.

The problem with the Saints this year was their aging defense, which is not the case in GB. GB is loaded with young talent with guys like Bishop, Raji, Matthews, Williams, Collins, Zombo, Shields; and then you have guys like Barnett, Chillar, and Harrell coming off IR to help make this defense even better. That list isn't even counting Jenkins who could leave via FA or Woodson who still has a couple of good years left in him.

Then you go to the offensive side of the ball where Rodgers will get his favorite weapon back in TE JerMichael Finley who has the athleticism and ability to be the top TE in the league. Then adding Grant back into the stable with Starks and Jackson gives GB solid depth at the RB position. Imagine what this offense would be like if they had a running game, which they didn't this year and still won it all. They do need to draft or get a WR via FA to possibly replace or relieve Driver, who's definitely on the way down and may retire. James Jones will most likely leave but Jordy Nelson will be able to step in and take his place without the offense missing a beat. If the Packers are able to draft a guy either like Titus Young or James Baldwin/Torrey Smith, then that will only make their offense even more dynamic.

The Packers are going to be a dangerous team for years to come thanks to Ted Thompson who has drafted well and made ballsy decisions that has made his team younger, better, and a threat for many years.

As for my realistic prediction I have to say GB vs. SD in SB XLVI.

Packers over the Colts in a shootout.

That would be an epic SB. But it almost wouldn't seem fair if the Colts made it and played in their home stadium.

---------- Post added February-9th-2011 at 02:09 AM ----------

Chicago 30 Indy 28

LOL I hope someone bumps this next year. The Bears won't even make the playoffs, I'm betting.

That would be an epic SB. But it almost wouldn't seem fair if the Colts made it and played in their home stadium.

---------- Post added February-9th-2011 at 02:09 AM ----------

LOL I hope someone bumps this next year. The Bears won't even make the playoffs, I'm betting.

You don't think Chicago will still have a great defense and Cutler in year 2 under Martz will improve? Hester and Knox don't exactly make for much of a receiving corps. Improve that OLIne a bit and bring in a legit WR or 2 and that offense will be sick.

Archived