Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A closer look at the Pro Bowl game.

Chase M

I was talking to my old man today about the Superbowl, next year for the Redskins, and Hall's MVP perfromance.

We got to talking in depth about the Redskins (like we always do) and he pointed out something that I didn't take into account.

I said to him "Man, it's nice that our 3 guys played hard.It made made me very proud of them. They pretty much played the only Defense that day" Pro Bowl speaking.

He replied, "Ya, It shows the discipline Shanny has showed those boys, and is installing into the system"

Do you think it was just Hall, Rak, and Fletch just playing a good game or has Shanny turned things around in Washington and we're seeing glimpses of the greatness to come?

Like the old saying goes "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"

I think it is a culmination of Shanny and Haslett....I mean the strip Hall had was from this years constant engraved philosphy to try to strip the ball before the player goes to the ground...the defense every practice...practices stripping the ball....I mean it is like almost second nature for the skins players....so I definitely agree that it should the discipline and coaching from this past year....good way of looking at this OP

it also says that our 3 players are great and need a supporting cast to help themselves. There is a reason why James Harrison came out of nowhere. Casey Hampton and the other Pittsburgh linebackers.

We need a true NT. Remember a few years ago when people though ray lewis was done, they get ngata and hes back to being his beast self.

For sure. I also think you are talking about 3 hard working/passionate players who are all at VERY different points in their career, trying to be the best they can be.

You don't think they heard the chatter leading up to Pro Bowl game? "The second worst defense in the league sends 3 guys to the Pro Bowl."

It comes down to personal pride. Say what you want about DeAngelo Hall, but I really feel like his outlook on his life/career changed DRAMATICALLY when he came to Washington. Really happy to have these 3 guys on our team.

For sure. I also think you are talking about 3 hard working/passionate players who are all at VERY different points in their career, trying to be the best they can be.

You don't think they heard the chatter leading up to Pro Bowl game? "The second worst defense in the league sends 3 guys to the Pro Bowl."

It comes down to personal pride. Say what you want about DeAngelo Hall, but I really feel like his outlook on his life/career changed DRAMATICALLY when he came to Washington. Really happy to have these 3 guys on our team.

I'll drink to that! Here's to next year with Trent Williams and Landry going. PLUS MORE!

meh, its hard for me to take away much from the pro bowl, everything is played so loosely and it's like a preseason game where qb's and receivers may not be quite in synch yet, and therefor the D has a big advantage.

Um, you do realize that the defense has one big disadvantage over even the preseason in a pro bowl game, right? They can't blitz. That being said, I am proud of the way Fletcher, Rak, and especially Hall played and hope that the team as a whole can improve next season and make a run.

While I would like to agree, I say no.

Kind of a stretch IMHO. I would suggest that the pro bowl gave them an opportunity to take out frustration more than anything.

Performance at the pro bowl counts for nothing to a team and its coach. Shanny, Hall, Rak, Fletch, and 50 other guys are paid to win games as Redskins!

The Pro bowl is used to attract new fans to the NFL.

Can you really say there is a comparison between the Pro Bowl, and a regular season game?

Execellent thread. Deangelo Hall Played phenominal , he was the only reason I continued to watch that terrible game. To think a Belicheat coached AFC , got smacked 42-0 in the first haph.Just imagine if we get a stud NT in the draft. Our defense will go from 31st to top 5. And then all the 4-3 lovers will have to find something else to complain about. however If we neglect the NT posistion again in the draft , then we would be fools to try the 3-4 with all of our former4-3 talent. Idk

Hail

What does it say to have 3 probowlers on defense (four if landry doesn't get hurt), and we're still ranked 32nd in the league?

It says that 2 actual Pro Bowlers didn't play in the game and we are still missing quality players at the three most important positions, DE, NT, and DE.

I think one thing it says is the way that the rankings work are pretty misleading . Our top 10 D in 2009 failed to close out games and never actually won us games directly (like the first Dallas game this year) and we fell to a 4-12 standing against one of the easiest schedules in NFL history .

It is kind of sickening to see supposed Redskins fans dis London Fletcher, DeAngelo Hall and Rak by saying they should never have been at the meaningless game .

I was talking to my old man today about the Superbowl, next year for the Redskins, and Hall's MVP perfromance.

We got to talking in depth about the Redskins (like we always do) and he pointed out something that I didn't take into account.

I said to him "Man, it's nice that our 3 guys played hard.It made made me very proud of them. They pretty much played the only Defense that day" Pro Bowl speaking.

He replied, "Ya, It shows the discipline Shanny has showed those boys, and is installing into the system"

Do you think it was just Hall, Rak, and Fletch just playing a good game or has Shanny turned things around in Washington and we're seeing glimpses of the greatness to come?

Like the old saying goes "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"

With all respect to your Dad, I do not think Shananan has very much to do with these three's work ethic, skill and talent. They had this level before he came to DC. They earned their way in spite of the talent and scheme the coaches supplied them.

It will be when they start sending new people to the Pro Bowl that we can maybe give the Coach some credit for discovering new talent.

:helmet:The Rook

meh, its hard for me to take away much from the pro bowl, everything is played so loosely and it's like a preseason game where qb's and receivers may not be quite in synch yet, and therefor the D has a big advantage.

Yeah, the D has a big advantage.....that's why there were only 96 points scored in the game.:pfft:

Fletcher, Hall and Orakpo were 1-2-3 in tackles. How do you explain that?

This is a joke post, right?

B/C anyone taking anything from the Pro-Bowl is as hilarious as the silly game itself. It was particularly lame this year. This reminds me of people getting jacked up about Sean Taylor hitting a punter a few years ago... a freaking punter? Ha ha ha hahahaha.. that shows how desperately lame this team and its fan base has become.

If anything, 2010 and the McNabb disaster has shown this team is as mismanaged and delusional as ever.

They spoke of changing the way they operate (trading picks for washed up vets) and pretty much operated just like the old Skins.

Maybe 2011 they can make a fresh start but I think egos and bad moves are going to really hamper them..

The Pro Blow was worse than the NBA All Star Game. I haven't watched it in four years and probably never will again. I watched it this time because of our three Redskins. Yes, they actually played like they wanted to be there. As for the D and O-lines, what a joke! Next year they should line up with a center, QB, receivers, and a RB. The D should have CB's, a LB, one D-lineman who has to count 1001, 1002, 1003 before he rushes the QB. No extra points, make them go for two. I would vote to bring the College All Stars back to play against the NFL. At least the college boys would mow those guys over if they just stood around. By the way, the College All Stars beat Green Bay in 1963, 20-17. They barely lost to the Steelers in 1975, 21-14.

With all respect to your Dad, I do not think Shananan has very much to do with these three's work ethic, skill and talent. They had this level before he came to DC. They earned their way in spite of the talent and scheme the coaches supplied them.

It will be when they start sending new people to the Pro Bowl that we can maybe give the Coach some credit for discovering new talent.

:helmet:The Rook

Yes, you are right because only the bad things can we blame on the coach, and all the good things are individual by player. :doh: Apologies for the sarcasm.

Sorry TheRook, but I have to disagree. DeAngelo Hall did not play this way before Washington. And you cannot say that Orakpo would have played the same since he started in the NFL with the Washington Redskins. How players act in college does not always equate to the NFL.

There's already reason enough to give Shanahan some credit for finding talent in odd places.

This is a joke post, right?

B/C anyone taking anything from the Pro-Bowl is as hilarious as the silly game itself. It was particularly lame this year. This reminds me of people getting jacked up about Sean Taylor hitting a punter a few years ago... a freaking punter? Ha ha ha hahahaha.. that shows how desperately lame this team and its fan base has become.

I'm not sure how that indicates that Skins fans are lame or desperate. Any fan of any team would enjoy seeing their players actually going close to full speed in the Pro Bowl. There may not be a lot to get excited about in that game as it is right now but if more players played like Taylor, Fletcher, Hall, and Orakpo have the quality of the game would be significantly better.

Archived