Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

George Allen to run for senate in Virginia

mhd24

Maybe not.

But I'm glad my entire life isn't based on one thing I said when someone was pissing me off.

So am I. Then again I'm kind of glad that I don't say racist remarks when angered, pretend I didn't when called on it, and have a smiling picture with the head of a racist group in my past.

G Allen is a douche.

Even with the macaca moment and a huge democrat year, Allen only lost by a few thousand votes to Webb in 2006

I think this will be another very close election. If President Obama is able to carry VA again and get a good turnout, Webb wins.

If VA goes back red, Allen wins.

This election really is dependent on how the President performs in VA

Even with the macaca moment and a huge democrat year, Allen only lost by a few thousand votes to Webb in 2006

I think this will be another very close election. If President Obama is able to carry VA again and get a good turnout, Webb wins.

If VA goes back red, Allen wins.

This election really is dependent on how the President performs in VA

I'd agree with this. Should be interesting.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Webb. Met him on two occasions and he's the only politician I know who has ever said anything about my big issue (prison reform--met him under those circumstances). I'll work my ass off for his reelection.

if it was just that remark, he might be fine. But the fact is that LOTS of people leapt into the fire when he said, about HOW he said it... because it was just indicative of a pattern with the guy. He is a bully and a jerk.

what is amazing is the fact that his real problem may be that he isn't viewed as a "pure enough conservative" to carry the primary... wtf is happening to the republican party?

do we really want an american taliban?

and unfortunately it also isn't even leading to a creep to the center for democrats--- to try to take the abandoned middle. THe blue dogs are getting taken out left and right as well... and the loonie left is strengthened by that. Contrary to the rhetoric flying around here (and elsewhere) Obama and HIS primary allies have been tacking pretty hard at the center for his full term, but given the fact that he is getting beat up who else is interested in joining him there? (even if he IS getting beat up because of the overall craphola economy)

i am actually starting to get afraid of the choice in the US looking more and more like the moronic italian political scene, where people get to choose between absolute facist tools or completely communist idiots. seriously ... wtf?

I met him over the summer, and he's a really cool guy. He's a real Southerner, and he didn't seem like he was putting on a show about being overly friendly like politicians will do.

His macaca controversy was overblown, and it doesn't bother me at all.

That being said, I'm not wild about his politics. He's approaching RINO territory, but who isn't these days? If it's a close election, I'll vote for him. If it's not, I'll vote for the Tea party candidate.

what is amazing is the fact that his real problem may be that he isn't viewed as a "pure enough conservative" to carry the primary... wtf is happening to the republican party?

do we really want an american taliban?

And there we have it folks. The rep party is turning into the American Taliban. Seriously? First it was the Nazis, now it is the Taliban?

George Allen is from California.....

Where he was also a jerk of the first order.

Allen is the oldest child of legendary football coach George Herbert Allen, and, when his father was on the road, young George often acted as a surrogate dad to his siblings. According to his sister Jennifer, he was particularly strict about bedtimes. One night, his brother Bruce stayed up past his bedtime. George threw him through a sliding glass door. For the same offense, on a different occasion, George tackled his brother Gregory and broke his collarbone. When Jennifer broke her bedtime curfew, George dragged her upstairs by her hair.

George tormented Jennifer enough that, when she grew up, she wrote a memoir of what it was like living in the Allen family. In one sense, the book, Fifth Quarter, from which these details are culled, is unprecedented. No modern presidential candidate has ever had such a harsh and personal account of his life delivered to the public by a close family member. The book paints Allen as a cartoonishly sadistic older brother who holds Jennifer by her feet over Niagara Falls on a family trip (instilling in her a lifelong fear of heights) and slams a pool cue into her new boyfriend's head. "George hoped someday to become a dentist," she writes. "George said he saw dentistry as a perfect profession--getting paid to make people suffer."

How many candidates have books about what a bullying, insensitive ******* they are - written by their OWN SISTER? :ols:

Anyhow, anyone who does even 5 minutes of googling on George Allen can get a million more stories like that.

So, Predicto,

You think that a story that says he picked on his sister when he was a teen is going to hurt him, politically?

It was in response to someone pointing out that he was raised in California, and is a pretend Southerner. (Of course, throwing your brother through a plate glass window, breaking another brother's collarbone, and holding your little sister upside down over Niagra Falls is a little bit over the top, don't you think?)

By the way, some of the other things he was known for in high school were more like the "Macaca" thing - borderline racist. Google the basketball game/spraypainting incident, if you like. I'm not going to bother to dig up all the dirt I can find on George Allen and clog up this thread anymore, because, as I've always said, my real problem with him is that he is an empty suit, a useless political animal like John Edwards.[

Archived