Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arizona Memorial Service/Obama Speech

Hubbs

You didn't even come close to refuting 95 percent of what I said in my post, but you are so hilarously partisan that you don't even realize it.

On top of that, you use as your sole source "Canada Free Press." What, WorldNetDaily and the PostandEmail weren't talking about this yet?

On top of that, the feeble point you are trying to make doesn't demonstrate a thing about White House control over this event rather than University of Arizona control, as the Politifact link fully demonstrates.

Even now you won't let it go. Amazing.

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 11:21 AM ----------

Obviously an elitist and an enemy of Real Americans. :)

LOL, there you go with the source stuff again.

Just teasing ya man, but it is becoming very noticable.

LOL, there you go with the source stuff again.

Just teasing ya man, but it is becoming very noticable.

Perhaps that is because I never try to support anything I say with a link to the "SparticusCommunistYouthLeague" blog. Neither does anyone else on this board who is liberal or moderate.

Certain rightwingers feel perfectly free to use the most hilariously partisan websites, and try to get us to argue the biased nonsense on there as though it were "fact." I've gotten sick of it, and yes, I'm calling people on it lately. It skews and cheapens the discussion on this board and presents a false reality that we don't have to accept unless we want to.

Perhaps that is because I never try to support anything I say with a link to the "SparticusCommunistYouthLeague" blog. Neither does anyone else on this board who is liberal or moderate.

Certain rightwingers feel perfectly free to use the most hilariously partisan websites, and try to get us to argue the biased nonsense on there as though it were "fact." I've gotten sick of it, and yes, I'm calling people on it lately. It skews and cheapens the discussion on this board and presents a false reality that we don't have to accept unless we want to.

as I said man, it was mainly teasing you because we had spoken of it before. I understand your motivations (even if it appears to me that you approach it rather one sidedly)

as I said man, it was mainly teasing you because we had spoken of it before. I understand your motivations (even if it appears to me that you approach it rather one sidedly)

Honestly, that is because only "one side" does it. Once every couple of months, someone might link a Huffington Post bit, but that's about it.

LMAO! OK man, I see where you are at now. (Oh Lord, is he serious?)

Yes I am serious.

When normal people on here link to an editorial (left or right), we all understand that it is an editorial and discuss it that way, as opinion.

I'm talking about people who present "facts" from WorldNetDaily, or CanadaFreePress, or PostandEmail, or NewsMax, or Redstate, or FreeRepublic, or Hotair, or Townhall. That is what I call out. If people start linking to DailyKos or DemocraticUnderground for facts, I'll call that out too. But no one here does that.

If it bugs you, skip my post.

Yes I am serious.

When normal people on here link to an editorial (left or right), we all understand that it is an editorial and discuss it that way, as opinion.

I'm talking about people who present "facts" from WorldNetDaily, or CanadaFreePress, or PostandEmail, or NewsMax, or Redstate, or FreeRepublic, or Hotair, or Townhall. That is what I call out. If it bugs you, skip my post.

well, this post is different from your last one where you said only one "side" does it. At least here you acknowledge the reality that it is often present in examples from most political stripes.

Nothing bugs me much!

well, this post is different from your last one where you said only one "side" does it. At least here you acknowledge the reality that it is often present in examples from most political stripes.

Nothing bugs me much!

Reread what I said. I changed it to be more clear, because I think you misunderstood me.

LOL you've been here to know that that is just pure bull. "Neither does anyone" really you want to make that claim? One of the links I provided is the DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE. a bit more of substance than what you say. If it had not been a DNC asset i would not have posted it.

Here it is spoon feed to you. To verify the veracity of course.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/johnberry_iv/C94H

Reread what I said. I changed it to be more clear, because I think you misunderstood me.

The original post I was laughing at said...

Honestly, that is because only "one side" does it. Once every couple of months, someone might link a Huffington Post bit, but that's about it.

We both know that is absolutely untrue

The original post I was laughing at said...

We both know that is absolutely untrue

No "we" don't. Maybe we should take this to PMs? The derail has grown large indeed. :)

No "we" don't. Maybe we should take this to PMs? The derail has grown large indeed. :)

not a huge issue for me, but glad to take to PM if needed. You are confusing the heck out of me. In one post you say one side does it only, then in another you sate that both left and right do it, and now you are back to one side only? Confusing!

Oddly enough, no matter how many times I visit that site, it doesn't even mention the Tucson shootings or the UofA memorial. It was written three years ago. That you seen this as proof of anything that occurred last weekend is nothing short of bizarre.

aREDSKIN, the Malkin moron, the Canadian "journalist," and other flamers are asserting that because some random [edit NOT an xxxObama campaign stafferxxx] blogger on an open Obama community site used the phrase "together we thrive" in a blog 3 years ago, that is evidence that White House staffers secretly orchestrated and organized the Tucson event. :ols:

Edit: It wasn't even an Obama staffer. It was a guy from Garland Texas (John Berry IV) who registered on the web site mybarakobama.com and made 3 posts, including one that had the "together we thrive" phrase.

So aREDSKIN, keep digging to smear the Tucson event, but kindly STFU about this dead end.

not a huge issue for me, but glad to take to PM if needed. You are confusing the heck out of me. In one post you say one side does it only, then in another you sate that both left and right do it, and now you are back to one side only? Confusing!
Sounds to me like he's saying one side does it far more than the other. His "once every couple of months" was probably an exaggeration, its probably more than that. But it's not even close to being equal, unless EVERYTHING other than Fox and NewsMax is counted as a liberal blog.

Just to clarify. Everyone links to editorials supporting their side on an issue. That is fine.

Some people link to partisan websites and pretend that they are linking to objective news reports. To "facts." That is not fine.

And please understand, I am not saying that everyone on the right side does this. It is only a few people. The hacks. Because they are so deep in the echo chamber that what is written on WorldNetDaily really is their version of unbiased news.

Leftists do this too, of course. If we still had CrazyHorse1 or Chomerics on here, we might be getting this from them. But right now, we don't.

Am I clear now?

LOL you've been here to know that that is just pure bull. "Neither does anyone" really you want to make that claim? One of the links I provided is the DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE. a bit more of substance than what you say. If it had not been a DNC asset i would not have posted it.

Here it is spoon feed to you. To verify the veracity of course.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/johnberry_iv/C94H

So ... some random guy in Texas wrote "Together We Thrive" on his Obama blog in 2008. That doesn't really show any direct connection with the official Obama campaign or the administration.

Remember when IHOPSkins endorsed Obama on his mybarackobama page in 2008?

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?248889-little-green-footballs-At-the-Official-Obama-Site-Jemaah-Islamiyah-For-Obama&p=5246868&viewfull=1#post5246868

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/blog/ihopskins

Seems like this is a million monkeys on a million typewriters kind of situation.

Sounds to me like he's saying one side does it far more than the other. His "once every couple of months" was probably an exaggeration, its probably more than that. But it's not even close to being equal, unless EVERYTHING other than Fox and NewsMax is counted as a liberal blog.

Fox shouldn't be included. It's a real news source.

But if you link to a random blog on the FoxNation, you have left the news. That is where the line is crossed.

A In the meantime, maybe this will put things in perspective:
I was present at the memorial in Tucson and as a Tucson native I can tell you that we are a very tight- knit community and in no way were our intentions to be disrespectful.
Thanks for posting that.

You guys all have to understand what kind of community Tucson is. These type of tragedies do not happen there. The people of Tucson are adamant about that,

Fox shouldn't be included. It's a real news source.

But if you link to a random blog on the FoxNation, you have left the news. That is where the line is crossed.

How about the Onion? That's been cited straight-faced as a news source more than once on ES.

Obama Speech Praised By...Glenn Beck?

Of all people, Glenn Beck called Barack Obama's speech Wednesday at the Arizona memorial "the best speech he has ever given."

But predictably that momentary respite from his years long smear campaign against the President ended in the same breath. He criticized Obama for not saying those things "on Day 1." Then he said "thank you Mr. President, for becoming the president of the United States of America last night.”

Smear campaign or pointing out the facts?

Obama couldn't say that on day 1 because he had to wait for concrete proof there was or was not evidence the mass murderer was a tea party member or follower of Sarah Palin before going with speech option # 3. :rolleyes:

Archived