Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arizona Memorial Service/Obama Speech

Hubbs

Most reasonable people saw the speech as great and the venue and approach as poor.

The thing is at the end of the day this was not a funeral

This was about dead, the wounded who are getting better and those who stepped in to stop this.

If this had simply been a funeral for the dead then yes cheering in some cases may have not been the best

The thing is at the end of the day this was not a funeral

This was about dead, the wounded who are getting better and those who stepped in to stop this.

If this had simply been a funeral for the dead then yes cheering in some cases may have not been the best

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

His billboard in Tucson.

Straight_shooter_billboard.jpg

Of course this doesn't mean Rush made that sicko do anything. But it sure doesn't look like he's talking about working towards a brighter future either.

Technically that is the billboard for the radio station that has his syndicated show on. I cant stand him, btw. neo-con in chief for many years in my opinion.

Too bad you're just wrong.

Theme of “Together We Thrive” T-shirt came from Obama’s Organizing for America

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/32138

Dude just stop.

So what if the slogan dates back to 2009, if the decision to hand them out was made by the UofA officials then it was, and that article proves nothing, other than Canadians can be hacks too.

Dude just stop.

So what if the slogan dates back to 2009, if the decision to hand them out was made by the UofA officials then it was, and that article proves nothing, other than Canadians can be hacks too.

Anyone who knows the history behind the woman who runs this site knows she a little off her rocker

Many cons up here want nothing to do with her

Looks like John Stewart has been reading ExtremeSkins.....

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-january-13-2011/veiled-criticism

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 10:58 AM ----------

Anyone who knows the history behind the woman who runs this site knows she a little off her rocker

This is what I thought was funny....

Judi McLeod is an award-winning journalist with 30 years experience in the print media. A former Toronto Sun columnist, she also worked for the Kingston Whig Standard. Her work has appeared on Rush Limbaugh, Newsmax.com, Drudge Report, Foxnews.com, and Glenn Beck.

Gee she really seems to have a select group there.

aREDSKIN's desperation to cast the Tucson event in a negative light gets more amusing with each post. Keep trying, you'll convince us eventually.

No desperation at all. Just a point that seems to suggest something other than what Perdicto asserted. Simple really.

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 04:09 PM ----------

Dude just stop.

Why does it upset you that Obama's handlers quite possibly went with this narrative and not the UofA?

Looks like John Stewart has been reading ExtremeSkins.....

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-january-13-2011/veiled-criticism

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 10:58 AM ----------

This is what I thought was funny....

Gee she really seems to have a select group there.

Up here cons complain about the human rights tribunal and want it done away

But when she was fired from a job she went to the human rights tribunal

The same thing when Anne Colture was blocked by students from speaking here the con group that brought her up placed a complaint with the human rights tribunal

She engages in some pretty eratic behaviour I hope she gets the help she needs

and yet the fact seems to be true....isn't that what should matter in the press? (or what passes for it)

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/johnberry_iv/C94H

It seems a bit inappropriate for a memorial service imo....but apparently this event was something else

Why does it upset you that Obama's handlers quite possibly went with this narrative and not the UofA?

Why did some try to pin this on the White House?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/jan/13/michelle-malkin/did-white-house-brand-arizona-memorial-service-log/

And "Together We Thrive" was conceived by a University of Arizona student, he said.

White House spokesperson Robert Gibbs said during his briefing that the university was responsible for logistics. "I think it’s important to understand we were invited to and accepted quite happily the invitation of the university," he said.

We should note that Malkin later added an update to her blog posting that stated, "As noted above, the University of Arizona announced the Together We Thrive event — and a few readers wrote in to say that the campus initiated the logo/campaign. Given U of A president Robert Shelton's embarrassing, thinly-veiled partisan cheerleading for Obama tonight, it may indeed be a 100 percent-campus-initiated campaign. Given the Obama White House's meticulous attention to stage prop details, however, I would say the odds of involvement by Axelrod/Plouffe & Co. are high."

But university spokesman Cruz said all of the "stage prop details," as Malkin called them, were entirely conceived by and arranged by the college.

The burden of proof is on Malkin and she has failed to prove any White House involvement. She may believe she sees the handiwork of the White House at play, but there's no evidence to back that up. Certainly not enough to justify her claim the White House used the shooting tragedy as an opportunity to orchestrate a "branded" political event. We rate Malkin's claim False.

Why did some try to pin this on the White House?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/jan/13/michelle-malkin/did-white-house-brand-arizona-memorial-service-log/

And "Together We Thrive" was conceived by a University of Arizona student, he said.

White House spokesperson Robert Gibbs said during his briefing that the university was responsible for logistics. "I think it’s important to understand we were invited to and accepted quite happily the invitation of the university," he said.

We should note that Malkin later added an update to her blog posting that stated, "As noted above, the University of Arizona announced the Together We Thrive event — and a few readers wrote in to say that the campus initiated the logo/campaign. Given U of A president Robert Shelton's embarrassing, thinly-veiled partisan cheerleading for Obama tonight, it may indeed be a 100 percent-campus-initiated campaign. Given the Obama White House's meticulous attention to stage prop details, however, I would say the odds of involvement by Axelrod/Plouffe & Co. are high."

But university spokesman Cruz said all of the "stage prop details," as Malkin called them, were entirely conceived by and arranged by the college.

The burden of proof is on Malkin and she has failed to prove any White House involvement. She may believe she sees the handiwork of the White House at play, but there's no evidence to back that up. Certainly not enough to justify her claim the White House used the shooting tragedy as an opportunity to orchestrate a "branded" political event. We rate Malkin's claim False.

Well, There is now "evidence" that suggests that this branding "theme" predated this event by what 2 years. How convenient that an EXACT theme was written by a Obama political ally and offered by th DNC & one Mr' Johnny Cruz say that this was conceive by the UofA ?? LOL. OK.

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 04:42 PM ----------

That should settle things. But I'm sure some of our brethren will find thoughtful right-wing blogs that say otherwise.

This "theme" was offered by Organizing for America a project of the Democratic National Committee in 2008. Yep it was a U of A idea.

Well, There is now "evidence" that suggests that this branding "theme" predated this event by what 2 years. How convenient that an EXACT theme was written by a Obama political ally and one Mr' Johnny Cruz say that this was entirely a UofA idea?? LOL. OK.
Actually, everybody but desperate right-wingers have accepted that this is yet another failed smear.

It depresses me that so many conservatives have nothing to back up their overtly partisan and mean-spirited accusations other than their own baseless assertions, but are not deterred in the slightest. In the meantime, maybe this will put things in perspective:

I was present at the memorial in Tucson and as a Tucson native I can tell you that we are a very tight- knit community and in no way were our intentions to be disrespectful. What you could not see from your television screen were the tears on everybody’s faces as they “cheered” in honor of the heroes of our tragedy and for our survivors and for the miracle of Gabby Giffords still being alive! We also applauded when our president called for unity and asked that the death of our neighbors not to be in vein! We have all cried every day since this happened and have heard countless stories from our families and friends of how they or someone they know have been affected by this. Most of you have no idea what we’ve been through…so judge us if you must but also keep in mind that the “hooting and hollering” as you call it..was just our way of expressing the hope, faith and unity that Obama’s kind words provided. It uplifted our spirits and is helping us start to see the light at the end of a dark tunnel and in no way does this mean that we will soon forget the tragedy that occurred or the six neighbors/family/friends that we lost. As for the t-shirts..my understanding is that a student of the UofA thought of making these shirts and chose the color based on our universities colors being red and BLUE. He/she chose blue over red because they didn't think red was an appropriate color. It was not a Rep vs Dem thing! Please stop over analyzing everything!

Actually, everybody but desperate right-wingers have accepted that this is yet another failed smear.

It depresses me that so many conservatives have nothing to back up their overtly partisan and mean-spirited accusations other than their own baseless assertions, but are not deterred in the slightest. In the meantime, maybe this will put things in perspective:

The "evidence" is right here in this thread. But don't let that from keep you from your nightly rounds.

A feud has broken out between Rush Limbaugh and the so-called "All Star Panel" on Fox News' "Special Report" over the panel's praise for President Obama's speech at the memorial for the Arizona shooting victims. Speaking on his radio show Thursday, Limbaugh slammed the panelists--which, on the night of the speech, were Brit Hume, Charles Krauthammer and Chris Wallace--for their positive comments.

"They were slobbering over it for the predictable reasons," he said. "It was smart, it was articulate, it was oratorical. It was, it was all the things the educated, ruling class wants their members to be and sound like."

On Thursday night's "Special Report," host Bret Baier played the Limbaugh clip and asked Krauthammer--who had called the speech "quite remarkable and extremely effective"--for his reaction.

"As one of the three slobberers...I find it interesting that only the ruling class wants a president who is smart articulate and oratorical in delivering a funeral oration," Krauthammer said. "It's an odd and rather condescending view of what the rest of America is looking for in their president.

Krauthammer has been on a roll lately. I don't remember him being quite so reasonable.

Rush is Rush. He can't really say or do anything to make me think less of him.

Krauthammer has been on a roll lately. I don't remember him being quite so reasonable.

Rush is Rush. He can't really say or do anything to make me think less of him.

I have a feeling that the call to civility resonated with him. He is, at heart, a very intelligent man and he probably recognizes that so many of "us" have gotten carried away.

Too bad you're just wrong.

Theme of “Together We Thrive” T-shirt came from Obama’s Organizing for America

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/32138

You didn't even come close to refuting 95 percent of what I said in my post, but you are so hilarously partisan that you don't even realize it.

On top of that, you use as your sole source "Canada Free Press." What, WorldNetDaily and the PostandEmail weren't talking about this yet?

On top of that, the feeble point you are trying to make doesn't demonstrate a thing about White House control over this event rather than University of Arizona control, as the Politifact link fully demonstrates.

Even now you won't let it go. Amazing.

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 11:21 AM ----------

I have a feeling that the call to civility resonated with him. He is, at heart, a very intelligent man and he probably recognizes that so many of "us" have gotten carried away.

Obviously an elitist and an enemy of Real Americans. :)

No desperation at all. Just a point that seems to suggest something other than what Perdicto asserted. Simple really.

Dude, this is your own little crack pot conspiracy and guess what...no one else is buying it.

It upsets me that you can't see past your own hatred for Obama and will try to connect anything to him in order to hate him more.

Heck if Obama had stopped UofA from handing out the t-shirts you'd have screamed at that too because then Obama would be manipulating the service.

The problem is when people do what you do constantly, you move the goal posts after every kick and then deny you ever did it.

It's dishonest and everyone sees right through it.

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 12:29 PM ----------

Sorry, because some Obama staffer used the term "together we thrive" in a blog 3 years ago isn't evidence of anything.

Sure it is, you see that's how it works in conspiracy land.

See when you play by their rules you can say that Obama plagiarized Bush's State of the Union Speech because Bush said "God Bless America" first. There doesn't have to be any real connection, it just has to be the faintest shadow of an illusion of a connection and that's all some need. Pretty sad really.

You didn't even come close to refuting 95 percent of what I said in my post, but you are so hilarously partisan that you don't even realize it.

On top of that, you use as your sole source "Canada Free Press." What, WorldNetDaily and the PostandEmail weren't talking about this yet?

On top of that, the feeble point you are trying to make doesn't demonstrate a thing about White House control over this event rather than University of Arizona control, as the Politifact link fully demonstrates.

Even now you won't let it go. Amazing.

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 11:21 AM ----------

)

I am partisan as you are too. Follow all the links in the link I provided. It's not as weak as you and others portray. Like I said earlier it says more about O's handlers than O himself and why are the leftys so sensitive to the possibility that the handlers handled this branding??

I am partisan as you are too. Follow all the links in the link I provided. It's not as weak as you and others portray. Like I said earlier it says more about O's handlers than O himself and why are the leftys so sensitive to the possibility that the handlers handled this branding??

I followed the link. There's nothing there.

Archived