Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Wild Card Weekend

ACW

Can somebody explain that 2-point try penalty again?

The try is no good, and there is a penalty on the offense. Yet the offense gets another try?

I don't think I've ever been so confused...

I missed that one. I thought the Packers accepted the penalty or something but why?

Terrible game all around. Even after they got the lead down to under a TD, I didn't see them winning the game. Andy reverted to his pass every single down strategy that has proven to work for him so many times in the past.

Akers two missed FGs were the difference. Defense played well enough to win the game. Should have been able to get a stop after the Eagles scored quick after halftime on 2 3rd downs.

Oh, btw, see signature. This is your entire season. Hope it was worth it. :ols:

Don't hang your head, Westy. The Eagles won the division. They are only going to get better. Wow they are young. I hope we get better too but it's a young league right now and we need to shed some dead weight. Here's to a competitive 2011 season. Cheers.

I love it. I work with an eagle fan so I've had to hear it all year...how great Vick is and D Jaxson is a god blah blah blah .....crickets now bahahahaha. Oh the best thing that could happpen is Vick wants more money than the eagles are willing to pay and he goes outside the divison. As long as he stays out of D.C I'm happy.

I'm disappointed Green Bay has to play Atlanta. I would've liked for them to have played in the NFC Championship game. That way one of them goes to the Super Bowl and I don't mind either of them.

THat's what I was thinking. So if GB wins and CHI wins its a GB CHI matchup in the Championship game, if not then Seattle Gets to host a NFC CHampionship game against GB? Man how wrong is that?

The fact that the Seahawks or Bears are going to the NFC title game is a joke

The fact that the Skins have beaten 1/2 of the teams in the divisional round is a bigger joke.

---------- Post added January-9th-2011 at 08:06 PM ----------

Kolb but the Eagles want 2 first rounders LMAO

Vick would be lucky to get that, even following this year.

Eagles and Reid are trying to pull a Patriots with Cassel

Because if they declined it it would have given the Eagles two points, because Celek caught it in the End Zone.

Oh, then that's about the stupidest rule, even worse than the one where the guy got blocked into the ball on the punt.

If he steps out and can't be the first one to touch it then that should be the end of it. Instead of it being a penalty it should just be a rule like 2 feet inbounds for a catch to count.

The fact that the Skins have beaten 1/2 of the teams in the divisional round is a bigger joke.

---------- Post added January-9th-2011 at 08:06 PM ----------

Vick would be lucky to get that, even following this year.

Eagles and Reid are trying to pull a Patriots with Cassel

yeah, but Cassel actually played well with the Patriots.

Oh, then that's about the stupidest rule, even worse than the one where the guy got blocked into the ball on the punt.

If he steps out and can't be the first one to touch it then that should be the end of it. Instead of it being a penalty it should just be a rule like 2 feet inbounds for a catch to count.

Agreed. But the NFL wanted Vick to face the Falcons again, so the refs had to come up with some kind of an explanation, however convoluted it was.

THat's what I was thinking. So if GB wins and CHI wins its a GB CHI matchup in the Championship game, if not then Seattle Gets to host a NFC CHampionship game against GB? Man how wrong is that?

Seattle beat Chicago in Chicago already so don't be surprised. I think it's great. I'd laugh my ass off if they get there and beat the Pats in the SB.

I'm disappointed Green Bay has to play Atlanta. I would've liked for them to have played in the NFC Championship game. That way one of them goes to the Super Bowl and I don't mind either of them.

At least you don't have to watch the iggles play again for a very long time. :)

Archived