Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Wild Card Weekend

ACW

Because I have him in fantasy? :ols:

I'm going out Saturday, so I miss GB-ATL but get to see SEA-CHI. :gus:

I thought ATL was the top seed and would play the lower team which would be the seahawks if I'm wrong? Meaning i would be a Chicago, GB matchup? Or did I miss something?

Terrible game all around. Even after they got the lead down to under a TD, I didn't see them winning the game. Andy reverted to his pass every single down strategy that has proven to work for him so many times in the past.

Akers two missed FGs were the difference. Defense played well enough to win the game. Should have been able to get a stop after the Eagles scored quick after halftime on 2 3rd downs.

Oh, btw, see signature. This is your entire season. Hope it was worth it. :ols:

I thought ATL was the top seed and would play the lower team which would be the seahawks if I'm wrong? Meaning i would be a Chicago, GB matchup? Or did I miss something?

Seahawks were teh #4 seed. Green Bay was the #6 seed. Atlanta, as the #1, always plays the lowest surving seed. So the Pack head to Atlanta, and the Seahawks go out to Chicago.

Can somebody explain that 2-point try penalty again?

The try is no good, and there is a penalty on the offense. Yet the offense gets another try?

I don't think I've ever been so confused...

It wasn't a loss of down penalty.

The try is no good, and there is a penalty on the offense. Yet the offense gets another try?

I assume it's like all other penalties. The defense can either accept the penalty and replay the down, or declind the penalty and accept the result of the play. So the Packers either take 5 yards and retry, or they decline the penalty and give the Eagles the 2 points. The only exception is at the end of a half, when the offense doesn't get another free play with no time on the clock.

He caught the pass, so it was "good", but there was a penalty. It was a no-loss-of-down penalty, so they got to try again. I'd like to see that rule changed for 2PCs.

He caught it, so if they had declined, the two-pointer would have been good. At least, I think that's what the explanation will be.

I understood the rule. But yeah, that one might need changed. You shouldn't get another chance after something like that.

Archived