Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Katie Couric says we need a "Muslim Cosby Show". Name that show

Bliz

did you want to admit that you're a flaming hypocrite, or would you like the direct link to the thread Chomerics started about Jesus's picture found on a dogs butt that brought down the house, with nary a comment from you?

Christ, lighten up.

did you want to admit that you're a flaming hypocrite, or would you like the direct link to the thread Chomerics started about Jesus's picture found on a dogs butt that brought down the house, with nary a comment from you?

Christ, lighten up.

Sure, I'm not perfect. None of us are.

Nevertheless, these are funny: "Halal in the Family", "It's Always Sunni in Philadelphia" "Does that come on right after Shi'ite My Dad Says?", "Let's Mecca Deal!", " How I met your Mullah", "Survivor: Tel Aviv."

Others not so much.

I think I am touchy about this becase, like I said, I saw this thread on FreeRepublic and saw responses like the following:

Airhead extraordinaire Katie Couric suggested the idea of a Muslim version of 'The Cosby Show' to bring Islam into the mainstream. If the episodes were to be true to Islam, I wondered, what would the show be like? (Taken from the actual Cosby Show synopsis)

Episode 1: 'Pilot' - Cliff and Clair deal with the daily pressures of having children. Theo gets four D's on his report card and prays to Allah for guidence, while Denise goes on a date with an older boy [is married off to a 75 year old man]. Cliff illustrates the cost of living [benefits of martyrdom] to Theo using Monopoly money [passages from the Q'aran]. When he tries to reason with his father about loving him regardless of his grades [beliefs], Cliff responds by saying, "That's the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life!" Theo resolves to do better in school [his faith]. Meanwhile Rudy can't sleep because Rudy claims she heard the Wolfman [a Jew] growling in her closet, so Rudy and Vanessa sleep with Clair [Cliff].

Episode 2: 'Goodbye Mr. Camel' - When Rudy's pet fish [camel], Lamont, dies, Cliff tries to bring the family together for a funeral in the bathroom [cave]. The festivities end when Rudy gets bored and leaves to watch TV [marry an old man and begin a life of servitude].

Episode 3: 'Bad Dreams' - Vanessa claims that she is old enough to watch a scary movie [suicide bombing] that Theo saw, but Cliff still forbids it. Vanessa sneaks out anyway, and ends up having nightmares as a result ]being the subject of an honor killing].

Episode 4: 'Is That My Boy?' - Freshman Theo tries out for the football team [al Qaeda] and makes it. Cliff is overjoyed, but his pride falters when he discovers his son will never be a star [suicide bomber]. Theo, however, is just happy being on the team. Meanwhile, Rudy believes that her older brother and sisters don't like her [her falafel].

Sounds like a sure-fire hit to me...

I felt like the thread was heading down that road. Maybe I'm overthinking it, so I'll back off.

---------- Post added January-7th-2011 at 01:43 PM ----------

I should add that the humor of the "dog butt Jesus" thread was not at the expense of Christians in general, but at the expense of those zealous people who claim to see Jesus in their burnt toast or whatever.

I should add that the humor of the "dog butt Jesus" thread was not at the expense of Christians in general, but at the expense of those zealous people who claim to see Jesus in their burnt toast or whatever.

So it's ok to laugh at Christian Zealots, but not the over-zealous Radical Muslims?

So it's ok to laugh at Christian Zealots, but not Radical Muslims?

I bet that if someone started a thread called: "We need a Cosby Show for Christians - what should we call it?"

And a buncha non-Christian guys immediately popped in with "How about the Pedo Priest Show!" and "Hillbillies too dumb to understand Evolution" and "Virgin Mary was really Knocked Up" Haw haw haw....

some people on here who are Christians might take issue with that. Wouldn't they?

Like I said, I should let it go.

I bet that if someone started a thread called: "We need a Cosby Show for Christians - what should we call it?"

And a buncha non-Christian guys immediately popped in with "How about the Pedo Priest Show!" and "Hillbillies too dumb to understand Evolution" and "Virgin Mary was really Knocked Up" Haw haw haw....

some people on here who are Christians might take issue with that. Wouldn't they?

Like I said, I should let it go.

yes. some might. I guarantee H_H would.

Zoony's point (and he's right) is that YOU wouldn't be there to stick up for "them". But here you are in this thread.

yes. some might. I guarantee H_H would.

Zoony's point (and he's right) is that YOU wouldn't be there to stick up for "them". But here you are in this thread.

Maybe that is because Christians are the majority here, and stick up for themselves quite well all on their own? Certainly, Techboy does a better job than I could ever do at defending his faith. I generally feel the need to defend the underdog more. Human nature, I guess.

I really want to stop the derail if I can. Some of these answers really are funny.

Archived