Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looks like Jeff Fisher beats Yince Young in Tenn......possible trade partners for more than Al? NOTHING ABOUT TRADING FOR VINCE YOUNG!

@DCGoldPants

No way would I take Young. He's a headcase and not even a good QB.

I like the idea of the thread though. Package McNabb and Haynesworth and get something valuable in return. I don't think a 3rd is out of the question. In fact, it sounds fairly reasonable. What else could we get though? Maybe another player?

I'd jump on that trade in a heart beat, for a 3rd rounder. Even better if you can tack on a conditional pick.

But when was the last time a single pick (or more) was traded for more than one player?

The only "similar" trade I can remember was Cassel for a 2nd and Vrabel...but that was unusual, and not even along the same lines.

Only in Madden games do multiple players get traded in the same package for a single higher pick.

I never mentioned taking on VY.

I also understand multiple player trades don't really happen. But, I know we've just had an uncapped year and we might heading to a lockout. So maybe nothing happens. On the flip side, Fisher is in win now mode I think with his contract too. Hell, he might not be back this year still in Tenn. Who knows?

As far as AZ or Minny, if you can get something from them......then great. I was just talking about the Titans situation and how we have 2 or 3 players who could fit their scheme right away.

id much rather split the 2 up.. while we may just get a 3rd for both of them im almost positive we can get a 3rd at most for Albert 4th at the least.. id take on our extra 7th to get that 3rd though.

Mcnabb imo can land in 3 spots.. Arizona,Minnesota,San Francisco.. With Minnesota being the team that we could possibly sneak a 2nd out of depending on how bad they want to get a veteran QB with their older pieces.

but if the McNabb trade does not go threw i would package him and Albert to send them to Tennessee for a 2nd.. a 3rd is entirely to low imo given the impact of the positions thats being sent to them. QB and a Dominant DT (when he was with them he was)

I can't remember the last time I posted a "what if?" thread in the Stadium. But this just almost makes TOO much sense for everybody involved.

it does make too much sense, which means it wont happen with us.

May or may not be a big deal, but Tennessee did file tampering charges against the Redskins concerning the AH free agent signing.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idCATRE70505520110106

Titans to release quarterback Vince Young

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Tennessee Titans will release quarterback Vince Young but are continuing to evaluate the position of head coach Jeff Fisher.

Fisher, who has been coach of the Titans since their formation in 1997, publicly clashed with Young in November and it was expected that at least one of them would leave the club.

"I informed our general manager Mike Reinfeldt to move forward with plans to begin the process of identifying the next quarterback for our franchise. He will inform Vince Young's agent that Vince will not be on our roster next season," Titans owner Bud Adams said Wednesday in a statement.

"I want to offer my personal thanks to Vince for all of his positive contributions to the club. These kinds of decisions are never easy and this is especially true for this particular player. I certainly wish that things would have worked out better, but I think it is best for the franchise that we move on at this point."

"I also informed Jeff (Fisher) today that I was continuing the evaluation of the coaching staff and I am hoping to make a decision soon," he said.

Young was drafted by the Titans with their first round (third overall) pick in the 2006 draft but had to battle for the starting role with the more experienced Kerry Collins in the past three years.

The Titans finished last in the AFC South with a 6-10 record.

Not a bad idea, trading 1 disaster for another. What do we have to lose in trading Fat Al lol. If the skins can get Young and 4th round for Fat Al then I say why not.

Because Young is being released, we wouldn't need to trade for him even if we wanted him. Which is not what this thread is about! (not sure why its annoying me so much that this has become a VY thread).

Not a bad idea, trading 1 disaster for another. What do we have to lose in trading Fat Al lol. If the skins can get Young and 4th round for Fat Al then I say why not.

Don't you realize that big names bring media attention? This has been us for the past 10 years!!!!! Everytime we get a big name....something goes wrong duh!!! Why the hell would you want Vince Young to be a Redskin??? THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm tired of big name...no more of that ********** no....

I think us trading Al and Mcnabb to TENN for a 2nd and 4th (or) 2 3rds (or) something similar is in the works right now....the only thing extending the talks is them trying to replace the draft pick with VY and we do not want him. Hopefully we can rid of Al and McNabb for 2 picks. Then we wuld just have to trade Carter and Cooley....new Redskins era baby!!!!!!

Not the same scenario, but back in 1992 a fat, unprofessional party boy, a major headcase, was traded to another team. This fat headcase just retired. He'll be in the HOF in 5 years.

That was after Favre's 1st season, and no playing time.

This is going to be Young's 6th season, after 47 starts.

Not even close to the same scenario.

This is a wonderful daydream, but it is only a dream. If you were the GM of any of the teams mentioned here (Tenn., Ariz., Minn.), why would you give up a valuable draft pick (even a 4th round pick) for someone you KNOW the Redskins will release? MAYBE you pull the trigger on a trade if that player's contract fits your pay scale and budget (and it appears that AH's salary MAY fit most teams' budget), AND you do not want to re-negotiate a new contract. But if the dollars are equal, why trade when you can get that player for free (i.e. no draft pick)? Remember how all of thought JC would bring a high draft pick? And we were compelled to essentially GIVE him away to the Raiders for almost chump change? History will repeat itself. Redskins will get nothing for either of these players.

Jeff Fisher is overrated...how many games did eh win since he put VY on injured reserve. Actually how many games have he won over the last 2 years without VY....

Jeff Fisher was doing good things in Tennessee long before Vince Young was drafted by the Titans. And I'll wager that once he gets the QB he wants this offseason, continues to improve that defense, and with Vince gone, he'll go back to that.

Jeff Fisher is overrated...how many games did eh win since he put VY on injured reserve. Actually how many games have he won over the last 2 years without VY....

How many playoff games has Vince Young won? You can use both hands.

Vince Young's record is skewed. He's below .500 when he plays against a team with a .500 team or better.

He doesn't show up when it matters most.

Example? Fine. Last season when they were on a long winning streak, they got the Chargers at home. Had they won that game, they likely would've been in the playoffs. What happened? He **** the bed. He had 89 passing yards. EIGHTY NINE! And completed like 38% of his passes that game.

He's not an NFL QB.

Give me Fisher ANY day.

I'm not so sure that its a foregone conclusion that Bert will get released.

The difference is that JC isn't a very good QB, and Haynesworth is a dominant 4-3 DT.

I was listening to the radio (980) and one of the reporters said that he was told that the Skins weren't just going to cut Albert.

If they can't trade him they might just keep him.

I have a hard time believing that they would hold on to him but thats what the guy said.

The only way Albert SHOULD POSSIBLY be back here is if we shift back to the 4-3 and I don't expect that to happen so....

Jeff Fisher was doing good things in Tennessee long before Vince Young was drafted by the Titans. And I'll wager that once he gets the QB he wants this offseason, continues to improve that defense, and with Vince gone, he'll go back to that.

He been at Tennessee for a long time. You would think he would be up there with the Steelers, Patriots, and Colts by now the way people be talking about him.

Archived