Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looks like Jeff Fisher beats Yince Young in Tenn......possible trade partners for more than Al? NOTHING ABOUT TRADING FOR VINCE YOUNG!

@DCGoldPants

He also played with people like Chris Hope, Kevin Mawae, and Keith Bullock, some of the more upstanding players in the league. By this season, there were no more personnel excuses for VY.

By this season Young had already been molded into the person he would be for the Titans, possibly through players like Haynesworth, Pac Man Jones, and Courtland Finnegan, the real high-character guys in the league. If I recall correctly their is a receiver or two over their as well that has a questionable work ethic.

When did Portis and Cutler get suicidal following a fight with their partner.

When did I say they did? In addition you should not talk about something you know very little about. If VY walked in on his highschool sweeatheart with his childhood best friend, I can understand why he might have been extremely upset. If he was actually suffering from clinical depression a chemical imbalance in his brain that is out of his control, then again I can understand why I was upset. The fact of the matter is neither of us know enough about the situation to discuss it.

The point that's been made through this thread has been that Shanny hates headcases and apparently won't have any on the team. I don't believe this to be true. I cite examples of CP, and Cutler, who have both been headcases through portions of their career and both were drafted/played for Shannahan.

Except the huge risk of delaying finding a long term solution at QB while we give Young "just a little more time to get it together".

Just like we did with McNabb? I think we've seen that if Shannahan doesn't think a player is cutting it, he won't give them "more and more time to get it together."

There is a huge opportunity cost to signing VY, and there is a huge carrying cost having him take reps away from our future.

Unless you think a 3rd or 4th QB, is going to be the future of this team VY wouldn't be taking reps away from anyone. Grossman 1, Beck 2, Young 3, some other random QB 4.

Also what if he is our future?

---------- Post added January-6th-2011 at 03:26 PM ----------

Ahh, the sweet siren song of the Extremeskinser.

There's no such thing as NO RISK when dealing with a guy like that. There's a huge risk. He told his coach to go **** himself. He's nuts. He's a malcontent. If he'll tell Fisher to go **** himself, he could certainly do the same to someone like Shanny.

Every second a guy like that is around the Skins, he's hurting the team. Just because you can cut him doesn't make it NO RISK.

You're really overestimating the impact a UFA QB can have on the environment of a team, and yes because you can cut him he is no risk.

NO RISK was what everyone was saying about Randy Moss...yeah right. Glad we didn't take the non-risk on that guy.

What would a deep threat old receiver offer to this rebuilding team exactly? We had no need for a receiver like Randy Moss, we need guys that can go over the middle, we already have Armstrong and Moss on deep balls.

In addition you should not talk about something you know very little about. If VY walked in on his highschool sweeatheart with his childhood best friend, I can understand why he might have been extremely upset. If he was actually suffering from clinical depression a chemical imbalance in his brain that is out of his control, then again I can understand why I was upset. The fact of the matter is neither of us know enough about the situation to discuss it.

I live with a Titans fan. His father is a Nashville doctor who treats athletes. Both have seen copies of the police reports from his episode. He has nothing to gain from telling me about it, nor do I in relaying the information.

I'm not going to go any further into what exactly is VY's problem, as it will most likely spark a discussion better suited for the tailgate. Needless to say, he has some issues. It is not worth bringing his problems into DC for yet another media sideshow. We need to stop taking on players with issues of any kind.

I live with a Titans fan. His father is a Nashville doctor who treats athletes.

What type of Dr? mental or physical? A physical Dr would not be very qualified in this instance. I also can't imagine anyone but VY's actual Dr. would be privy to such information, and his Dr would be breaking the Dr Patient confidentiality agreement. So if his father is VY's Dr. he may have nothing to gain by passing along sensitive information, but he has everything to lose.

Both have seen copies of the police reports from his episode. He has nothing to gain from telling me about it, nor do I in relaying the information.

I'm sorry but this is getting hard to believe.

Why would you trade for a player they're going to release?

They will get something for him- sure I would rather have him for free because there is obvious doubt.

---------- Post added January-7th-2011 at 01:01 PM ----------

schoolbus.jpg

get under. Now! :evilg:

hilarious!

---------- Post added January-7th-2011 at 01:04 PM ----------

Not a bad idea, trading 1 disaster for another. What do we have to lose in trading Fat Al lol. If the skins can get Young and 4th round for Fat Al then I say why not.

Anything for Al is a plus. People can clown Young all they want, but the guy has a lot of potential and for all we know Tennessee just wasn't the right place for him. What's the worse that happens?? He gets cut? At least the 4th rounder (with cheese) would be more in the right direction than keeping Albert.

I was in the Charlotte airport yesterday and the guy in front of me in line at Jamba Juice had a Titans player card on his backpack so I decided to talk to him. I only had a few minutes while we waited for our smoothies but I asked him about Vince Young and what he thought about possibly getting Haynesworth or Mcnabb from the Skins. He ignored my question about Haynesworth and said he found out about VY on sports center but wasnt surprised. He laughed when I mentioned Mcnabb and said they didnt want Mcnabb because he is a little too old but that he had a lot of respect for him. He did say he thinks they are interested in drafting Cam. Take it for what it is worth.

I was in the Charlotte airport yesterday and the guy in front of me in line at Jamba Juice had a Titans player card on his backpack so I decided to talk to him. I only had a few minutes while we waited for our smoothies but I asked him about Vince Young and what he thought about possibly getting Haynesworth or Mcnabb from the Skins. He ignored my question about Haynesworth and said he found out about VY on sports center but wasnt surprised. He laughed when I mentioned Mcnabb and said they didnt want Mcnabb because he is a little too old but that he had a lot of respect for him. He did say he thinks they are interested in drafting Cam. Take it for what it is worth.

Well I suppose that eliminates any trade with Tenn... *end sarcasm*

This should confirm that Fisher is on a short leash and needs to win now....I would think Vets are the way to go and wouldn't be surprised to see AH and/or McNabb get interest from TN.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110109/SPORTS01/101090357/2196/SPORTS

As for Fisher, he will serve out the final year of his contract at a salary of about $6.5 million, but the storm clouds that gathered over his head this season are unlikely to clear anytime soon.

The Titans finished 6-10 after a 5-2 start. They've had six-game losing streaks in back-to-back seasons, and have lost at least five games in a row in five of the past seven seasons. The Titans haven't won a playoff game since 2003.

Few coaches would have survived such bombardments to their resumes. Adams said he never strongly considered firing Fisher, however, in part because the Titans would have been on the hook for his salary.

"With what I am paying him, I am not going to let him go and pay him a lot of money,'' Adams said. "I was thinking we could get him and Vince together, but it wasn't going to work so I had to stick with Jeff and let Vince go.''

Adams also said he never considered giving Fisher an extension, which means the coach heads into the final year of a contract for at least the third time in 17 seasons.

As for changes to the rest of the coaching staff, Adams said that's up to Fisher.

And although the owner didn't proclaim playoffs-or-pink-slips, he sounded as if Fisher needed to make it back to the postseason if he wants to be back with the Titans in 2012.

"If we don't start winning games you wonder about the coaching. You look around the league right now and a lot of teams are letting coaches go. I don't have to tell Jeff anything. He has been at this thing long enough to know what has to be done,'' Adams said.

Click on the link to read the entire article

Hasnt anyone realized that on THIS team we have no one above 27 years of age with any kind of trade value...why would anybody trade anythig for Mcnabb when they know we are just going to release him.....and why would they trade for Haynesworth when most likely he will be let go as well...dont you all realize that our organization has devalued those two to the max..logically speaking the people with any kind of trade value on our team is Landry, Trent Williams, and Orakpo, nobody is giving up anything for Andre Carter Mcnabb or Haynesowrth...thats just the god honest truth and im the biggest skins homer there is I even betted a friend Rogers would get 5 INT's this year....but I have finally jump shipped and realize there is nobody on the team minus the three i mentioned worth trading for.

gotta agree our team stinks. wholey full of scabs and old geezers

Bud Adams is nothing if not honest.

Looks like Fisher better produce something. You want McNabb Fisher? Make us a nice offer.

Honesty doesn't matter.

Jeff Fisher has won ZERO Super Bowls in his regime.

His playoff record isn't much better.

Not sure why he gets any chances.

He is worse than Norv Turner...or close to it.

I guess Bud Adams realized that a good head coach is more valuable than an inconsistent QB with emotional problems.

Jeff Fisher is not a good head coach. He is a very mediocre coach at best. Look at his record, how he still has a job and how he has convinced many of the media outlets he is a good coach is the greatest con job know to man. He always goes 8-8 or 7-9 and everybody says how great of a coaching job he has done. Very mediocre at best.

---------- Post added January-9th-2011 at 09:46 PM ----------

This organization did not de-value McNabb or Haynsworth. McNabb and Haynsworth devalued themselves.

McNabb by playing so poorly. Haynsworth by being a worthless ass. I would even go so far as to argue that the drama surrounding the benching of McNabb may act in our favor if another coach feels he didn't get a fair shot or simply is not a good fit for our system. As for why another team would trade for a player who could be released, that's simple. If you want them, you trade for them to keep them off the market to be sure no one else gets them first. It happens all the time.

I don't care how much of a Shanny homer you are, to say that Shanny didn't devalue those 2 players is unture. He basically said McNabb was dumb, out of shape, and didn't work hard in his lying and condescending way. Through out McNabb's whole career, he was always know as someone that work hard both on and off the field and Shanny put him under the bus for his and his son's short comings in preparing the team on a week end and week out basis. Shanny and son's in game adjustments sucked as well as maxing the talents of the players on the current roster. As for Al, if you don't want him, trade or release him. This drawn out drama was a complete failure and to make him inactive for the last 4 games was a petty move at best. Release the guy or trade him, but no Shanny plays head games. Shanny greatly devalued both players.

---------- Post added January-9th-2011 at 09:53 PM ----------

are you high? if young cant make it with jeff fischer what makes you think he stands a snowballs chance with shanny?

Fisher never wanted VY, that is part of the strain of the relationship. Fisher actually wanted Lineart. So Vince had a strike against from the jump, he was playing for a coach that never wanted him, Grant it Vince has a bad attitude, but knowing that the coach you are playing for doesn't respect you as a player and never wanted you to begin with would be pretty hard for anyone.

Here's an intersting tidbit from MLive.com about Detroit needs

The Lions don't want to get stale at this very important position, so they'll continue to look for improvement.

It won't be a shock if they make a run at Albert Haynesworth because his days with the Redskins are numbered. Schwartz and coordinator Gunther Cunningham love Haynesworth and believe he could be an ideal fit.

The contract situation is more plausible and the Lions aren't looking for him to come in and rescue the defense -- he'll just be another piece to the puzzle. If the Lions can get 17 to 20 high-octane snaps out of him a game, that line truly would be impressive.

Here's an intersting tidbit from MLive.com about Detroit needs

The Lions don't want to get stale at this very important position, so they'll continue to look for improvement.

It won't be a shock if they make a run at Albert Haynesworth because his days with the Redskins are numbered. Schwartz and coordinator Gunther Cunningham love Haynesworth and believe he could be an ideal fit.

The contract situation is more plausible and the Lions aren't looking for him to come in and rescue the defense -- he'll just be another piece to the puzzle. If the Lions can get 17 to 20 high-octane snaps out of him a game, that line truly would be impressive.

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that the Schwartz and Cunningham don't want Haynesworth "tainting" Suh. That could have changed, or I could be mistaken, but I just don't see the Lions as possible trade partners.

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that the Schwartz and Cunningham don't want Haynesworth "tainting" Suh. That could have changed, or I could be mistaken, but I just don't see the Lions as possible trade partners.

I heard/read the same thing and was surprised to see someone even bring it up the idea. Who knows but still interesting.

Jeff Fisher is not a good head coach. He is a very mediocre coach at best. Look at his record, how he still has a job and how he has convinced many of the media outlets he is a good coach is the greatest con job know to man. He always goes 8-8 or 7-9 and everybody says how great of a coaching job he has done. Very mediocre at best.

53.85 win % isnt too bad for a 15 1/2 year career as a head coach.... especially the way rosters change year in and year out

Archived