Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looks like Jeff Fisher beats Yince Young in Tenn......possible trade partners for more than Al? NOTHING ABOUT TRADING FOR VINCE YOUNG!

@DCGoldPants

Why trade for a guy you know who's going to get released? It's as stupid as us trading for Brunell when we knew he was getting released by the Jags.

Tennesse is not going to release vince young , just like how redskins wouldn't release McNabb or Haynesworth. With the redskins trying to trade Albert haynesworth and McNabb this season, Tennessee seems like their likely partner. The titans have been trying to trade for Haynesworth for the right price and now they are trying to get rid of one of their own disgruntled player in Vince Young. It might not be a straight up trade, but i see a trade happening between Tennessee and Washington this off season, that will most likely include Vince Young, Albert Haynesworth and probably McNabb and draft picks.

BTW, This is what shannahan said of Vince Young before 2006 Draft day.

"The thing that was impressive was Young's ability to make plays and the consistency of his throws," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan says. "He's been known to not be that accurate and not have the best motion. But when you take a look at the stats and the passing efficiency, it's off the charts.

"Then he makes plays with his legs, and that's what you're looking for in a quarterback, someone who's always making plays. And he does that consistently."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2006-03-01-debate-young_x.htm

I jst DO NOT understand the 'get rid of Cooley' sentiments. We are trying to build a team, we do not have the luxury of expelling talent.

Letting Andre Carter go works because he is suited for a 4-3 - proven on 2 teams, ESPECIALLY if he goes in a package w/ Haynesworth - SHEESH! But getting rid of Cooley?? Really?

MEGA DITTOS....Suddenly Capt. Chaos is expendable...I dont get either...

There is no chance that Shanny will take a QB like Young right now after having dealt with Big Al and the McNabb mess.

This thread = fail.

I believe the thread was started under the premise that Tennessee is a potential fit for McNabb, rather than Young being a potential fit for Washington. I do agree that there's no chance VY comes here, although the USA Today article from his draft year did include some good praise from Shanny. But given the situation we find ourselves in, I don't see him taking the chance on Vince at this point.

He been at Tennessee for a long time. You would think he would be up there with the Steelers, Patriots, and Colts by now the way people be talking about him.

Cowher was at Pitt 13 years before winning a Super Bowl.

I am not really sure what McNabb brings to Tenn that they don't already have in Kerry Collins. Collins is the veteran QB that will knows the system and will be the bridge to the young QB they acquire this offseason.

I believe the thread was started under the premise that Tennessee is a potential fit for McNabb, rather than Young being a potential fit for Washington. I do agree that there's no chance VY comes here, although the USA Today article from his draft year did include some good praise from Shanny. But given the situation we find ourselves in, I don't see him taking the chance on Vince at this point.

It is hard to say. Shanahan could get it into his head that it would be different with him and that he could turn Young into the QB he could be. I'd say it is unlikely, but you never know.

Personally, I think the most likely landing place will be the current home for wayward players: The Bengals.

It's odd, the more that I continued to read in here the funnier it got.:ols:

The OP came up with a trade idea (interesting one IMO BTW) and members here are discussing a trade involving Vince Young. The thing that makes this funny is that the OP never even mentioned a trade involving VY; yet, people are saying how this thread fails.:doh:

You see, you first read the original post...then you comment.:)

it's odd, the more that i continued to read in here the funnier it got.:ols:

The op came up with a trade idea (interesting one imo btw) and members here are discussing a trade involving vince young. The thing that makes this funny is that the op never even mentioned a trade involving vy; yet, people are saying how this thread fails.:doh:

You see, you first read the original post...then you comment.:)

agreed

I happen to think Cowher is ridiculously overrated, but perhaps that's just me.

Not me. He took his team to the Super Bowl, many years apart (basically 2 different teams), and that's very impressive. Very few coaches can say that. He's also still fairly young.

agreed

The reason is because this is EXTREMESKINS , Not EXTREME TITANS. The article sounds more like what can help the Titans. We , Skins fans want to talk about what can happen to The Redskins. We're not going to talk about how Mcnabb is going to help Titans, if traded. We will talk about how Vince Young, is a possibility to become a redskin, if in fact a trade happens between these two teams.

McNabb, Haynesworth, and Carter to Tennessee for their 1st round pick (8th overall), which we package to Carolina with our 1st and 2nd to get Luck.

#1 overall pick = 3000 points

#8 pick (1400) + #10 pick (1300) + #42 pick (480) = 3180 points

We trim the fat on our roster, let Carter go back to his natural position, and make way for our franchise QB. I just wish it was all this easy.

The reason is because this is EXTREMESKINS , Not EXTREME TITANS. The article sounds more like what can help the Titans. We , Skins fans want to talk about what can happen to The Redskins. We're not going to talk about how Mcnabb is going to help Titans, if traded. We will talk about how Vince Young, is a possibility to become a redskin, if in fact a trade happens between these two teams.
Huh? What are you talking about?:doh:

First of all it wasn't a article that we're discussing, it's a thread.

Secondly, I think that fish and I know a little something about this message board by now...especially its name.:silly:

Anyway, the thread subject was about a potential trade. The trade just so happen to involve McNabb, but I don't get how you twisted it into us talking about how McNabb is going to help the Titans. When contemplating a trade, don't you have to take into consideration what's in it for your trade partner?

BTW, if you want to discuss VY possibly becoming a Redskin, instead of bad mouthing a thread that hadn't even mentioned that in it's OP...may I suggest starting a new thread.

McNabb, Haynesworth, and Carter to Tennessee for their 1st round pick (8th overall), which we package to Carolina with our 1st and 2nd to get Luck.

#1 overall pick = 3000 points

#8 pick (1400) + #10 pick (1300) + #42 pick (480) = 3180 points

We trim the fat on our roster, let Carter go back to his natural position, and make way for our franchise QB. I just wish it was all this easy.

Sadly it's not. I just don't think it's likely we can package all of our high priced, unwanted players together and expect some team to gracefully take them off our hands for us. I wish it worked that way too but it's unlikely.

An awful lot of unwarranted hate for VY in this thread.

few points:

a.) Headcases can change. Especially in a better environment. Think of the guys on that team when Young was drafted, is it any surprise that he doesn't know what is required of a NFL player to succeed at the highest level?

b.) Shannahan can deal with headcases and has dealt with them well in the past. Clinton Portis anyone? Jay Cutler?

c.) Lastly but most importantly, this is a NO RISK, possible HIGH REWARD acquisition. The Reskins would not love anything by giving VY a chance during camp, if he doesn't impress, cut his ass. If he does impress we gain one of two things 1.) Depth at the QB position or 2.) A new starting QB, for absolutely nothing.

a.) Headcases can change. Especially in a better environment. Think of the guys on that team when Young was drafted, is it any surprise that he doesn't know what is required of a NFL player to succeed at the highest level?

He also played with people like Chris Hope, Kevin Mawae, and Keith Bullock, some of the more upstanding players in the league. By this season, there were no more personnel excuses for VY.

His time only overlapped with Pacman for one season. And don't blame AH for VY's psyche as a player. The Titans had plenty of other rookies come in during AH time in Nashville. None of them melted down like Young.

b.) Shannahan can deal with headcases and has dealt with them well in the past. Clinton Portis anyone? Jay Cutler?

When did Portis and Cutler get suicidal following a fight with their partner? VY is a whole new level of crazy.

c.) Lastly but most importantly, this is a NO RISK, possible HIGH REWARD acquisition. The Reskins would not love anything by giving VY a chance during camp, if he doesn't impress, cut his ass. If he does impress we gain one of two things 1.) Depth at the QB position or 2.) A new starting QB, for absolutely nothing.

Except the huge risk of delaying finding a long term solution at QB while we give Young "just a little more time to get it together".

There is a huge opportunity cost to signing VY, and there is a huge carrying cost having him take reps away from our future.

c.) Lastly but most importantly, this is a NO RISK, possible HIGH REWARD acquisition.

Ahh, the sweet siren song of the Extremeskinser.

There's no such thing as NO RISK when dealing with a guy like that. There's a huge risk. He told his coach to go **** himself. He's nuts. He's a malcontent. If he'll tell Fisher to go **** himself, he could certainly do the same to someone like Shanny.

Every second a guy like that is around the Skins, he's hurting the team. Just because you can cut him doesn't make it NO RISK.

NO RISK was what everyone was saying about Randy Moss...yeah right. Glad we didn't take the non-risk on that guy.

Archived