Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looks like Jeff Fisher beats Yince Young in Tenn......possible trade partners for more than Al? NOTHING ABOUT TRADING FOR VINCE YOUNG!

@DCGoldPants

from ESPN980's twitter.

ESPN 980

Looks like we know who won the power struggle with the Titans. RT: @JasonLaCanfora Titans in process of releasing statement that they're parting ways with Vince Young. Which essentially means Jeff Fisher is there in 2011

Fisher isn't looking to rebuild, he needs a Vet QB for his team. If he's staying and Vince is going, why not try to package McNabb, Albert and hell...even Andre Carter for their 4-3 Defense?

I have no idea what we would get, but I think it would be win/win for both teams and McNabb. He goes to a stable situation with a good running game and established system in place. Titans get that Vet QB Fisher would want, Albert back, and Andre who could go back to DE. Redskins hopefully get draft picks and everybody moves on.

Very realistic IMO. I mean, we already know Fisher wants Al back, and he was about the only coach willing to take a chance on Randy Moss and he did the same for Kerry Collins. I'm sure if he indeed stays in Tenn., Bruce will be looking into this...

What do you guys think he'd give for a McNabb/Haynesworth (and potentially) Carter/Cooley type of package?

Geez, Young is due $8.5 mil in 2011, that includes a signing bonus of $4.25 mil on 3/10. He's a FA in 2012. Makes more economical sense to keep the coach versus the QB.

I think I remember them only offering up a 4th for AH but more trying to stir the media attention on the matter. I believe we were sticking to a 3rd or no go for him alone.

I would take Young in a heartbeat especially if Shanny gets this running game going he puts alot of pressure on defenses on 3rd down they have to run zone or he will take off for a easy 1st down.. He also has came along way as a passer.. And i think we could still draft a young rookie QB to groom if VY does'nt turn into what we hope..

They may just outright cut him..

Id be happy with this

Haynesworth and McNabb for a 3rd rounder.

That would be a deal in favor of the Titans which is good for me but I'm thinking the Skins could get a 3rd and 4th, or a 3rd and 5th. That gives McNabb a strong running game he needs as well as a good defense. However the Titans could look to go younger at the QB spot and look at what Philly my want to do with Kolb or even look at Alex Smith which won't cost them anything.

And there is no way I would want Young on this team.

Very realistic IMO. I mean, we already know Fisher wants Al back, and he was about the only coach willing to take a chance on Randy Moss and he did the same for Kerry Collins. I'm sure if he indeed stays in Tenn., Bruce will be looking into this...

What do you guys think he'd give for a McNabb/Haynesworth (and potentially) Carter/Cooley type of package?

I jst DO NOT understand the 'get rid of Cooley' sentiments. We are trying to build a team, we do not have the luxury of expelling talent.

Letting Andre Carter go works because he is suited for a 4-3 - proven on 2 teams, ESPECIALLY if he goes in a package w/ Haynesworth - SHEESH! But getting rid of Cooley?? Really?

I would take Young in a heartbeat especially if Shanny gets this running game going he puts alot of pressure on defenses on 3rd down they have to run zone or he will take off for a easy 1st down.. He also has came along way as a passer.. And i think we could still draft a young rookie QB to groom if VY does'nt turn into what we hope..

They may just outright cut him..

Shanahan may not want another QB that doesn't buy 100% into his program ala Mcnabb so I don't see him wanting VY who is definitely a head case

from ESPN980's twitter.

[/b]

Fisher isn't looking to rebuild, he needs a Vet QB for his team. If he's staying and Vince is going, why not try to package McNabb, Albert and hell...even Andre Carter for their 4-3 Defense?

I have no idea what we would get, but I think it would be win/win for both teams and McNabb. He goes to a stable situation with a good running game and established system in place. Titans get that Vet QB Fisher would want, Albert back, and Andre who could go back to DE. Redskins hopefully get draft picks and everybody moves on.

GREAT idea!! GREAT post / thread!

I jst DO NOT understand the 'get rid of Cooley' sentiments. We are trying to build a team, we do not have the luxury of expelling talent.

Letting Andre Carter go works because he is suited for a 4-3 - proven on 2 teams, ESPECIALLY if he goes in a package w/ Haynesworth - SHEESH! But getting rid of Cooley?? Really?

We are trying to build a young team. That makes Cooley expendable, especially if we can get a decent pick for him.

Also...doesn't he deserve a chance to win something for once in his life? Might be possible if we trade him to a good team.

But getting rid of Cooley?? Really?

Davis is one season from Free Agency and, even assuming you want to allocate major cap space to back-up TEs, he's almost certain to choose to leave for a starting opportunity in 2012.

So, the question isn't 'should we expel talent?', it's 'should we expel younger talent for nothing, or expel older talent for a decent trade package?'

If we could package Carter, Haynesworth, and McNabb to TN, I would love to see something along the lines of either this and next years 2nd rounders, or this year's 2nd and next year's 3rd. Having 2 2nds in this years draft would go a long way toward rebuilding with the ammo to trade back up into the bottom of the 1st, or trade one of our 2nds down for more picks, and as of right now would give us 9 total picks in next year's draft, incluidng 6 in the first 4 rounds.

We get the picks needed to start rebuilding, and Tenn gets their start DT back, a solid vet 4-3 DE who still has a few good years left, and a veteran QB to pair with a weapon like CJ. I don't know how likely that is, but it's not THAT far-fetched, is it?

Hasnt anyone realized that on THIS team we have no one above 27 years of age with any kind of trade value...why would anybody trade anythig for Mcnabb when they know we are just going to release him.....and why would they trade for Haynesworth when most likely he will be let go as well...dont you all realize that our organization has devalued those two to the max..logically speaking the people with any kind of trade value on our team is Landry, Trent Williams, and Orakpo, nobody is giving up anything for Andre Carter Mcnabb or Haynesowrth...thats just the god honest truth and im the biggest skins homer there is I even betted a friend Rogers would get 5 INT's this year....but I have finally jump shipped and realize there is nobody on the team minus the three i mentioned worth trading for.

If we could package Carter, Haynesworth, and McNabb to TN, I would love to see something along the lines of either this and next years 2nd rounders, or this year's 2nd and next year's 3rd. Having 2 2nds in this years draft would go a long way toward rebuilding with the ammo to trade back up into the bottom of the 1st, or trade one of our 2nds down for more picks, and as of right now would give us 9 total picks in next year's draft, incluidng 6 in the first 4 rounds.

We get the picks needed to start rebuilding, and Tenn gets their start DT back, a solid vet 4-3 DE who still has a few good years left, and a veteran QB to pair with a weapon like CJ. I don't know how likely that is, but it's not THAT far-fetched, is it?

Actually I don't think that's far fetched at all, Carter could be a nice replacement for Vandenbosch and Mcnabb would give them a solid leader at the QB spot they haven't had since Collins was the starter, and from what I understand Collins may be looking to retire this year so basically they will need 2 QB's.

Archived