Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade the house for Luck

pram11

Im on the Tyrod Taylor bandwagon myself. He would be easy to get and i feel like he is just what we need. He doesnt seem to have a fantastic arm but he's showing to be every bit as good, maybe better than Vick was in college. With our line, im a strong believer that we need a QB that can move and that is unpredictable. I think we spend a 1st rounder on a WR or lineman (defense, offense, i dont really give a ****)...or some other position we need...Taylor wouldnt go really early i dont think. We could use him for a year or so...next year is supposedly a huge QB year and i think we grab a franchiser then.

Luck is the kind of player who comes around once every ten years and one who leads you to Super Bowls.

hmm i do believe that is almost an exact quote Shanny had about a QB from last year...so how can this QB be that good if its only a year later? Unless.....there are great QBs that come out of the draft more then you think?

hmm i do believe that is almost an exact quote Shanny had about a QB from last year...so how can this QB be that good if its only a year later? Unless.....there are great QBs that come out of the draft more then you think?

I have seen a number of "sure things" coming out of the draft over the years. The one thing for sure is *most* of them never pan out.

Luck is an unbelievable prospect. The Redskins won't get him. It's even more of a pipe dream than Bradford was last year. We, as fans, should just move on. Carolina is gonna have a new head coach. There is no reason why said new coach wouldn't take Luck to build around. IMO, the chance to have Luck from the jump makes the Carolina job the most appealing one for coaching candidates.

Count me in...the kid is a beast at the QB position. He can pretty much do it all. If he does indeed declare, we're in a decent position to get him. Carolina's owner is thrifty and won't want to pay #1 pick money to him and we have a top-ten pick to deal along with a few players (McNabb/Haynesworth, maybe Cooley) and our 1st next year.

If Shanahan really did inquire about moving up for Bradford last season, you have to think he's going to check on Luck this season.

If there's a guy there at QB and you know he's your guy, you take him.

The one thing I really like about Luck is that he is smart, co-valedictorian in high school. That is what gave Steve Young and Peyton Manning the careers they had. The second they stepped on the field they were/are the smartest guys on the field. Two, he has some size to him and SEEMS to have the physical tools. While I would like to see him in a skins uniform next year, I worry about starting a 21 yr old with only 2 years of college experience. I also wouldn't want to start him until the O-Line is shored up. I would love to see him ride the pine for a year minimum to learn the offense and mature a bit much like green bay did with Aaron Rogers. Over the years I have seen way too many prospect, blue chip QB's careers get derailed by being thrown into the fire behind a bad O-line and getting crushed on every play. Think back to how wrecked Patrick Ramsey was by the end of his rookie season here when he was getting destroyed on every play.

I'm all for Andrew Luck if you can get him, but I realize there's only one Peyton Manning. There's a lot more Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, and Drew Brees' of the world that you didn't have to trade the house for that are just as good. I don't care how good the pre-draft hype is, there's always gonna be another guy probably as good as him or close to it.

The opportunity cost of what it takes to move all the way up from #10 is way too high, IMO.

So Luck is not the exception? How many first round QB's are flops? Can you guarantee Luck will be an NFL success? NO.

Context.

A lot of people are saying to find a Brady in the late rounds when it is near impossible to find a Brady. That was a situation that the Pats lucked into.

Seriously, if there was ever a QB worth it and us having even an outside shot to trade up and get him, Luck is the guy. I'd do a Ditka-deal in a minute to get that kid in a Redskins uniform. IMO, he's the best QB prospect to come out since Manning, maybe better.

We have WAAAAAAAAY too many holes to even seriously consider this idea. With a poor offensive line, no pash rush, deficiencies in the secondary, and question marks at receiver, we'd be even worse with him, despite his obvious talent. We're better off trading down, acquiring picks and filling holes with multiple young, hungry players with chips on their shoulders who can step in and help this team catch up with the rest of the division.

FWIW...

Trent Dilfer on ESPN just said Luck has no flaws and is the best he's ever seen, even going back to Elway/Marino days. He lives close to the Stanford campus and has watched a few practices. He said you don't even see the best things about him in games because he plays within the context of the plan. At practice he's constantly tested both mentally and physically more than you see in a game and is the toughest he's ever seen in all situations.

Dilfter also said watch Andy Dalton's stock rise.

Context.

A lot of people are saying to find a Brady in the late rounds when it is near impossible to find a Brady. That was a situation that the Pats lucked into.

People forget that there's a lot of real estate between #1 overall and the late rounds with which to find a QB.

and there's at least 15 QBs in the league right now who could get to at least 10 wins on that team, with that coach. Yes, Brady is special, but he's got a strong team and organization backing him up. As for Manning, where are the Colts WITH Manning? One SB win - that's it. Same as Trent Dilfer. An elite QB does NOT make a team elite, NO MATTER how good they are. Ask Hall of Famers Jim Kelly and Dan Marino (a combined 0-5 in the Super Bowl). Trading an entire draft for Luck is just stupid.

Hahahaha, that has to be the funniest thing ive ever heard!! U really belive that?? I sure hope not!!! U really think there are 15 qb's that can get 10 wins out of that team. With the worst D in the league. And just to let you know Bel is a D coach not O.

And its pretty clear you haven't seen this team play b/c Brady makes stars out of no name guys. And when he's given a legit star (Moss) he even makes them better.

FWIW...

Trent Dilfer on ESPN just said Luck has no flaws and is the best he's ever seen, even going back to Elway/Marino days. He lives close to the Stanford campus and has watched a few practices. He said you don't even see the best things about him in games because he plays within the context of the plan. At practice he's constantly tested both mentally and physically more than you see in a game and is the toughest he's ever seen in all situations.

Dilfter also said watch Andy Dalton's stock rise.

Is this the same Trent Dilfer that said Sam Bradford shouldn't have gone #1 and wasn't going to be successful at the next level?

I said this at the time Cutler was up for grabs: If you have a chance to grab a true franchise QB, no price is too high. This is a QB league. Look at the history of Super Bowl winning teams. The list of teams winning Super Bowls without great QBs is about 4-5 deep. I know I'll get run out of here for saying it, but I'd give up three #1 picks to get that kid and not even think twice. He is the truth and a starter from day 1.

Agreed. I had not seen him play until last night. After the first half I was iffy, but he sold me in the second half. He's going to be great.

I'm all for Andrew Luck if you can get him, but I realize there's only one Peyton Manning. There's a lot more Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, and Drew Brees' of the world that you didn't have to trade the house for that are just as good. I don't care how good the pre-draft hype is, there's always gonna be another guy probably as good as him or close to it.

The opportunity cost of what it takes to move all the way up from #10 is way too high, IMO.

I say if we can't move up we have to take Mallett. I would not be too enthralled with Newton and certainly do not want Locker under any circumstances. Kind of perplexed as to how a 1TD/2INT game propels Gabbert from late 2nd/early 3rd to top 5 all of a sudden...hopefully we don't buy into the hype.

That said, Luck is going to be amazing. I would honestly be shocked if he is a bust.

Archived