Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade the house for Luck

pram11

All I know is that we need a QB the likes of the top 5 in the NFL. If there's a way to get a top 5 QB, you do WHATEVER it takes to do so because really chances are without one you are always wildcard material or worse. I don't need 10 Championships in a row but three playoff appearances since 93 is completely unacceptable.

---------- Post added January-5th-2011 at 10:32 AM ----------

Well, didn't mean the 35 year old Manning.

so if i dont think we should of traded the house to draft P Manning, then i should kill myself? not trade for Manning now...just clarifying.

are you trying to say that Luck is guaranteed to be Manning, so if i dont think we should trade everything to get Luck, i should then kill myself???

just want to make sure so if people are actually taking their lives, they do so for the correct reason.

My opinion? Tyrod Taylor is our guy. Not real popular, but as Redskins fans most of us should be familiar with Virginia Tech QBs. This kid has broken a lot of Vicks records at VT, and ive heard the word around that his passing is much better and his legs are just as good as either of the Vick brothers. He should be a cheap, low pick so we could still get some OL players or whatever we need with high picks...and not have to rely on our OL with a QB that can move and get yards with his feet. Plus his throwing arm isnt too bad either. This way we could patch up a bit. We arent getting Luck...so if this guy doesnt work out, we could use a high pick on one of the very talented QB's next year instead of wasting a high pick this year and letting him get destroyed because of our O Line. We need a Vick behind our line.

Need convincing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0tMO3O5XQ

If that isnt what we need, i dont know what is. Sure they got destroyed by Luck and Stanford that game, but as i said...Luck is not an option for us...and hopefully we wont have the number one next season either. Just think what Shanahan could do with a quick scrambling QB with the zone blocking.

Just my opinion. Anyone else thought about this? I think the kid has potential.

He broke a lot of records at VT, to be fair tho.. Mike Vick only played 2 years.. Tyrod is a senior. I'm a HUge Tech fan and a huge Tyrod fan, but sadly.. I just don't think he's an NFL QB.

This has been brought up a few times on this board, you'll prolly get flamed and called a VT homer and all the usual ignorant stuff.. I think it's a fair question and fair discussion.. I'm just on the side that thinks he's not a QB at the next level. I could be wrong tho

FWIW, Kiper was on the Kornheiser show yesterday and said three things about Luck: 1. He's Peyton Manning with more athleticism, 2. He's the closest thing to a sure bet franchise quarterback he's ever seen, and 3. He will be a superstar in the NFL.

He also said he would not be entirely surprised if Luck were to finagle his way out of Carolina like Eli Manning did to San Diego.

FWIW, Kiper was on the Kornheiser show yesterday and said three things about Luck: 1. He's Peyton Manning with more athleticism, 2. He's the closest thing to a sure bet franchise quarterback he's ever seen, and 3. He will be a superstar in the NFL.

He also said he would not be entirely surprised if Luck were to finagle his way out of Carolina like Eli Manning did to San Diego.

I don't get that, Carolina's a bad team at the moment, but I don't recall them being a dysfunctional mismanaged organization such that it's so unappealing to go there that'd you'd refuse to do so. Now, I don't follow them all that closely, but I just never got that sense. Now if it were the Bengals or the Raiders or somebody, that'd make more sense.

I don't get that, Carolina's a bad team at the moment, but I don't recall them being a dysfunctional mismanaged organization such that it's so unappealing to go there that'd you'd refuse to do so. Now, I don't follow them all that closely, but I just never got that sense. Now if it were the Bengals or the Raiders or somebody, that'd make more sense.

Kiper wasn't predicting that would happen, it was more along the lines that Luck has some wiggle room being an underclassmen with a father who is an ex-NFL quarterback and in the sports biz as West Virginia U.'s AD. He didn't even raise the issue, but when it was raised, he didn't dismiss the notion.

What struck me was how sold Kiper was on the kid. Can't miss... Peyton with better athleticism... As ready for the pros as any QB since Elway...

Yes, but the house only has 3 walls. Besides, he is going back to school. Now, maybe we can trade our current players for 2011 and 12 draft picks and use them next year to move up and take Luck. Either that or win no more than 1 game. The latter I'm not in favor of.

What do we trade the house for now?

We gotta trade the house for SOMETHING!

Come on gang, there's gotta be something we can come up with.

Just lose every game next year. Simple. Plus we can keep draft picks. For those that are really in love with the draft, we could even trade a player or 10 to optimize our picks, hell, just trade our picks this year to go into next year with 12+ picks. Luck + 11 other blue chippers = 2014 Championship!!

Just lose every game next year. Simple. Plus we can keep draft picks. For those that are really in love with the draft, we could even trade a player or 10 to optimize our picks, hell, just trade our picks this year to go into next year with 12+ picks. Luck + 11 other blue chippers = 2014 Championship!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTiKCrAFND3qBYdfghFHuWUs1pbts70F_90iu76yc9lUtY7C_-

Oh come on....if the Redskins have proven anything, it's that the draft is a waste of time and you can build a consistent winner by trading them away.

So we gotta trade the house for someone, or something, pronto. I will be disgusted if we actually just use our draft picks.

Archived