Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade the house for Luck

pram11

Seriously, if there was ever a QB worth it and us having even an outside shot to trade up and get him, Luck is the guy. I'd do a Ditka-deal in a minute to get that kid in a Redskins uniform. IMO, he's the best QB prospect to come out since Manning, maybe better.

Seriously, if there was ever a QB worth it and us having even an outside shot to trade up and get him, Luck is the guy. I'd do a Ditka-deal in a minute to get that kid in a Redskins uniform. IMO, he's the best QB prospect to come out since Manning, maybe better.

It's too bad we're not in a better position, becuase this kid is good.. it just wont happen though. I hope he stays at Stanford.. we can finish 0-16 next year..

Yes, and we all saw where Ditka's move landed him.

Maybe some of you draft junkies can set me straight here, but it seems to be that our biggest need on the team is building up solid offensive line, then getting the right front seven for our defense (if we continue with the 3-4). Luck MAY be nice (though we've seen where high profile QB picks have gotten some teams), a great offensive lineman is like a diamond in the rough.

Furthermore, Carolina's probably dead set on getting him, no matter what kind of offer anyone gives them. He's Carolina's man (if he even enters the draft)

I said this at the time Cutler was up for grabs: If you have a chance to grab a true franchise QB, no price is too high. This is a QB league. Look at the history of Super Bowl winning teams. The list of teams winning Super Bowls without great QBs is about 4-5 deep. I know I'll get run out of here for saying it, but I'd give up three #1 picks to get that kid and not even think twice. He is the truth and a starter from day 1.

Yes, and we all saw where Ditka's movelanded him.

Maybe some of you draft junkies can set me straight here, but it seems to be that our biggest need on the team is building up solid offensive line, then getting the right front seven for our defense (if we continue with the 3-4). Luck MAY be nice (though we've seen where high profile QB picks have gotten some teams), a great offensive lineman is like a diamond in the rough.

Ditka gave up his entire draft for a RB, a position much easier to find than a true franchise QB. Luck is the kind of player who comes around once every ten years and one who leads you to Super Bowls.

I'd rather build up an OL and Defense, and take Ponder, Locker, or Mallet with a lower pick than throw away the farm for Luck

Okay lets just set things straight here on Mallet and Locker they are going to be taken in the 1st round Mallet is the #2 QB to some. I totally disagree with it but some se him as a great QB. Ponder is so injury prone I'd stay far far away from him

I'd take Mallet as a fallback, but he won't be there later. He's listed on Mel's board at the #7 player in the draft. Quarterbacks are at a premium, and depending on how he plays in the bowl and performs in the pre-draft stuff, we might even have to trade up for him if he's the guy we target.

Here's a viewpoint I haven't seen yet: Is anyone else pissed at Carolina for being a bit 'lucky'? I mean they've been a decent team recently. A playoff team. Normally you have to be horrible for awhile like the Rams or Lions before you get your Bradford/Stafford. Carolina snuck in with one really bad season and snatched up the best QB in a decade, maybe longer. I mean really, this guy is the real deal. He can play in the NFL right now, no doubt.

And I'm from Carolina, too. Goddamn panthers ;)

If he's great enough to warrant that....why would Carolina want to pass on him?

Someone on that level of greatness would be priceless to an NFL team.

Exactly. Either way, trading the house for this guy would seem like an exercise in futility.

A great quarterback is a marvelous asset, but even Tom Brady would look like a chump in front of our lines. We went to five Super Bowls with 4 non-HOF caliber quarterbacks (Kilmer, Theismann, Williams, and Rypien). We did, though, have great offensive lines.

Everything starts in the trenches. If you can't establish the line of scrimmage, it doesn't matter who you have behind you, you're not going to get far and your team isn't going to win many football games.

nevermind the fact that this team needs an upgrade at around half the positions, trading everything for one player will totally help!!!

and people wonder why this team goes nowhere

Yup....The front office and the fans STILL think this team can be fixed with one player? Threads like this make me wonder if this fanbase is ready for a rebuild

Yup....The front office and the fans STILL think this team can be fixed with one player? Threads like this make me wonder if this fanbase is ready for a rebuild

lol EXACTLY!!!! Luckily, our organization does not function that way anymore and Shanahan will build this machine correctly.

wasnt he only sacked 5 times all year? that has bust written all over it for me

he may be good but Bradford and Stafford panned out, eventually there will be another alex smith, dont know if im willing to gamble 2 drafts on this kid.

this thought did run through my mind though

Archived