Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Market for Donavan and other players of value

88Comrade2000

Nobody wants any of our players, kids. Cooley only looks good to us because of the garbage that surrounds him. In reality, he is considered about the 12th best TE in the league.

I'm not even a huge fan of Cooley.

But I'd love for you to name 12 TE's in the league better than Cooley.

Agreed I can see maybe 4 or 5 better but not 12

Exactly.

I mean, I can name 6 or 7 I'd rather HAVE (meaning age is being taken into consideration, even if the talent is lesser) over Cooley, but in reality, skills-wise, Cooley is top 5. Or very close.

And that's taking into account the fact that we haven't had a stable QB situation, and especially not a stud QB, the entire time he's been here.

Clark, Witten, Finley, Gonzo, Gates....over the years (or recently, in Finley's case), what have they had in common? Stud QB's and stable situations.

Cooley's had neither. And still rivaled their production.

I mean really, Vernon Davis is the only other TE to really produce WITHOUT a stud QB and WITHOUT a great situation (that I can think of....maybe Zach Miller?). But he's an athletic freak. Cooley obviously isn't.

I can see this ending up like the auctioneer on the Simpsons.......................

"We will start the bidding at a 1st rounder, why are all of you ROFLYAO?!!

Okay how about a 2nd rounder? stop shooting milk out of your noses!!!!

Can I get a 4th,4th,4th? no 4th... then howabout a 6th? can I see a 6th? how about a 7th and a player to be named later?

I got bupkiss I got nada.

---------- Post added December-17th-2010 at 10:59 PM ----------

How about trading Big Al, Dockery, McNabb, Carter, and our #1 to Carolina for their #1 overall so we can draft Luck.

Sorry there is no idiot setting on Madden 2012. And if it was only our franchise could unlock it.

The key with McNabb would be finding a team willing to pay the $10 mil option bonus he's due I believe March 1st. If the Vikings are desparate, it's possible they could get something for McNabb. I doubt it though.

With Hayesworth, it's going to be a limited market. The Titans seem to be the only team that would take him on. But with a possible coaching upheaval there, it's not a slam dunk.

The contract was structured to trade or release mcnabb very easily. His bonus is not due until the opening week of the season next year. Skins can trade him to a team after the season. The new team could do a new deal with him before the roster bonus comes due in Sept. Mcnabbs deal has a clause that if he suffers a career ending injury he's due something like 20 million dollars as well.

Looks and sounds like the skins have been preparing the out strategy on mcnabb for weeks. Skins don't want donovan to play in these last 3 games to protect there investment. Donovan gets injured there out 20 million and a opportunity to get draft picks.

donovan and Albert are done for the year in back to back weeks and coincdently have the most value on the trade market for us. who knows maybe there is a deal in place already for after the season .what would people say if Albert and Donovan go to Tennessee together?

what would people say if Albert and Donovan go to Tennessee together?

Any chance this is said with some....knowledge? Even a little? :evil:

But for real, I'd be fine with that. Especially since I think that's our best chance to get a 2nd round pick out of those players, maybe with a later pick or conditional pick as well. Otherwise, I think we're talking about 3rd's and lower.

But in reality, has a trade like that ever happened? Two players or more for any type of pick?

I can see us making a deal for Albert to go back home to Tennessee, and assuming shefter said a 3rd is fair for him and thats what we get, but what more would the be willing to give up for McNabb. I know they want to (at least Fisher does) get rid of Young but I cannot see him with Shanny or imagine the backlash if he were to be brought in here.

Maybe a 5th for Al and a 4th for Mcnabb? Realistically I see Big Al getting released before he gets traded.

Thanks to the no cap situation deals were able to be reworked so they could be bought out. Haynesworth had that. They shouldn't release him. They should make him buy out into being a free agent. And then franchise his ass.

What could Landry get us? People have to remember that fan favorites can be sent away too in rebuilding years. I was just thinking he could be a surprising piece to leave in the offseason, and the market could be high on him after the impressive year he has had. Maybe New Orleans or a team needing a safety? I coud see a second or 2 thirds.

Who knows if there is going to be a season next year let alone has insider knowledge of how other teams view players to even answer this sort of thing? The fact is no one knows what these players are worth because they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Saying McNabb is worth a 2nd is silly as is NFL network saying Hanyesworth is worth a 3rd because unless you get a team willing to trade us that it's meaningless. The thing to do with these players is put everyone's name on a list who's availible and send that to the 31 other teams and tell them to make us an offer. See who might be interested and what they are offering. Fact is a 7th round pick is worth more then the bullspit that is Hanyesworth. That may not be equal value for his skill set but it's the truth.

I don't think there's much of a market.

Fat Albert is... well, life is simply too short.

And McNabb.... well, other coaches watch film. He is good for big plays still, but he has really struggled to pick up a new system and is killing drives with his inaccurate throws. Anyone see NFC Playbook this weekend? They taped it before the McNabb benching and showed him not seeing some wide open receivers.

What could Landry get us? People have to remember that fan favorites can be sent away too in rebuilding years. I was just thinking he could be a surprising piece to leave in the offseason, and the market could be high on him after the impressive year he has had. Maybe New Orleans or a team needing a safety? I coud see a second or 2 thirds.

As many holes as we have on our defense, there is no way we should give up a strong spot.

Agreed. Giving up on Landry after the season he had would be a Josh McDaniels move and not anything we want to be thinking about doing

Isn't it worth it to evaluate any possible trades though? Im down with keeping him but I do think he could be one of our highest valued players. The defense is being rebuilt period, so I think any great offer should be looked at.

Either way, its nice to see DHall and LL having good years.

EDIT - and I don't think it would necessarily be giving up on Landry, more like recognizing the value and thinking about long-term business decisions.

Fat Al is a 3rd ac0rding t0 NFL netw0rk and I think that's fair.

McNabb, maybe a sec0nd, pr0bably a 3rd, better suited f0r a package player trade.

The last three TEs t0 be traded, went f0r a 2nd and a 6th. That's the staple trade right n0w. K2, G0nz0, Sh0ckey.

C00ley will g0 f0r a 2nd and a 6th. He is the 2nd ranked TE in the league 0n a bad team.

M0ss is a FA, n0b0dy is trading f0r AC.

I kn0w what y0ur gf needs t0 get y0u f0r Christmas...

If we get a 2nd and 6th for Cooley (which I never really realized was a possibility until you brought this to light) then he's gotta go. I will never stop wearing my Cooley jersey, but it's time to strap the C-4 on this roster and Ted-Kaczynski our whole team.

Let Carlos walk- he's a total geek.

Portis, it's been fun.

McNabb gets us a 3rd at best, Haynesworth 4th/5th conditional.

Carter WILL get us a 6th- it's no secret around the league that he's a hard worker with plenty in the tank.

So add a 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 6th.... Maybe we also get a conditional 5th for JC?

That's a ton of new blood on our roster next year.

I kn0w what y0ur gf needs t0 get y0u f0r Christmas...

If we get a 2nd and 6th for Cooley (which I never really realized was a possibility until you brought this to light) then he's gotta go. I will never stop wearing my Cooley jersey, but it's time to strap the C-4 on this roster and Ted-Kaczynski our whole team.

Let Carlos walk- he's a total geek.

Portis, it's been fun.

McNabb gets us a 3rd at best, Haynesworth 4th/5th conditional.

Carter WILL get us a 6th- it's no secret around the league that he's a hard worker with plenty in the tank.

So add a 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 6th.... Maybe we also get a conditional 5th for JC?

That's a ton of new blood on our roster next year.

There will be a ton of new blood anyway, thanks to a great young FA market.

We will trade a few players I think, but not like everybody thinks, simply because it just doesn't work like that.

And it's an exgirlfriend, so I'm on my own.

Arizona didn't show any interest in McNabb this year, I think you can write them off the list. Vick will be a target for Arizona, Minnesota.

Vick's not going anywhere. I could see Arizona making a play for Kevin Kolb. They're gonna need another one or two offseasons to fill some holes (mainly on defense) before they're competitive again, which would give Kolb a year or two to learn the system before the expectations get really high (plus having Kolb there might be incentive enough for Fitz to want to stay).

I could definitely see Minny offering something decent for McNabb--the new coach is going to be under a mandate to start winning a lot right away and to get the fanbase back on board. Getting that 3rd back would be awesome, but I think we can at least get a 4th.

I wouldn't rule out trading Cooley now that we're essentially full-on rebuilding. I wonder if a package deal of McNabb and Cooley to Minnesota would be possible--that could be worth a lot.

Sad to say, McNabb officially has no trade value at all. After today, everyone knows the Redskins have no interest in him next year and there's no way they'll pay all that $$ he's owed if the keep him just to sit him on the bench. So any interested team can sit back and wait until the Redskins cut him.

What if a team knows that they want him and doesnt want to risk him hitting the FA market? I would think that a team like that would at least give up a 5th. Hopefully, that team is out there.

Exactly.

I mean, I can name 6 or 7 I'd rather HAVE (meaning age is being taken into consideration, even if the talent is lesser) over Cooley, but in reality, skills-wise, Cooley is top 5. Or very close.

And that's taking into account the fact that we haven't had a stable QB situation, and especially not a stud QB, the entire time he's been here.

Clark, Witten, Finley, Gonzo, Gates....over the years (or recently, in Finley's case), what have they had in common? Stud QB's and stable situations.

Cooley's had neither. And still rivaled their production.

I mean really, Vernon Davis is the only other TE to really produce WITHOUT a stud QB and WITHOUT a great situation (that I can think of....maybe Zach Miller?). But he's an athletic freak. Cooley obviously isn't.

I'm sorry man. He was definitely top 5 in '07, but Cooley has only 5 touchdowns in the past 3 years. Look at his stats. They're middle of the pack at best. He would probably do much better with better players around him....but that doesn't seem to count for that much when it comes to trades.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?id=2811&sport=NFL

I'm sorry man. He was definitely top 5 in '07, but Cooley has only 5 touchdowns in the past 3 years. Look at his stats. They're middle of the pack at best. He would probably do much better with better players around him....but that doesn't seem to count for that much when it comes to trades.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?id=2811&sport=NFL

Shockey and K2 didn't have much going for them, except injuries when they both fetched a 2nd and a 6th. Gonzo was 33 and he got the same.

Everybody around the league knows Cooley is a top 5 TE. If you don't, that's on you alone.

Archived