Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Market for Donavan and other players of value

88Comrade2000

Shockey and K2 didn't have much going for them, except injuries when they both fetched a 2nd and a 6th. Gonzo was 33 and he got the same.

Everybody around the league knows Cooley is a top 5 TE. If you don't, that's on you alone.

Really? Go to any of the other team's boards and see if they don't erupt in laughter. I think Cooley is a good player, but nobody is going to pay for a TE who is declining steadily in production and can't get in the endzone. He would have fetched a 2nd and a 6th after the 2007 season. Now, he wouldn't fetch enough to be worth trading.

I think Carolina might be the wildcard for a bidding war for McNabb.

If Fox can keep his job another year, he may really need him.

Not impossible, but I don't see them passing up using that #1 pick on a QB, especially since this is a good QB class this year. We all need to start praying for Jimmy Clausen to suddenly light it up these last few games so Carolina will consider passing on taking a QB or be possibly even be willing to trade the pick.

---------- Post added December-18th-2010 at 04:28 PM ----------

Really? Go to any of the other team's boards and see if they don't erupt in laughter. I think Cooley is a good player, but nobody is going to pay for a TE who is declining steadily in production and can't get in the endzone. He would have fetched a 2nd and a 6th after the 2007 season. Now, he wouldn't fetch enough to be worth trading.

I think if you had any coach or scout around the league watch tape on Cooley (from throughout his career) they'd be willing to offer something fairly substantial for him (if the need was there). It's pretty easy to recognize that the vast majority of the decline in his production is due to the talent and turnover around him.

Not impossible, but I don't see them passing up using that #1 pick on a QB, especially since this is a good QB class this year. We all need to start praying for Jimmy Clausen to suddenly light it up these last few games so Carolina will consider passing on taking a QB or be possibly even be willing to trade the pick..

IF Fox is still there and even if he isn't, it comes down to is Luck worth more or less than say McNabb and Malett/Newton.

It won't be a far slide for them.

I'm not totally convinced many teams want McNabb now. The reason he's being benched is because he did not improve in basic areas.Philly just decided to deal with it for many years. There's no excuse for a QB to be so innacurate on check downs and screens. You could see it in Cooley's face the last game when Donovan threw to his feet yet again. He turned to the crowd and rolled his eyes.

The media will mock this team for a long time because of this debacle. Donovan is gold in their eyes. There are a few that point out his obvious flaws but when they do, the others bring up the "took the eagles to 45 million playoff and title games". We'll take a 4th for him most likely.

if folks haven't seen that Cooley has sacrificed his offensive game for protecting McNabb from extinction the past 10 weeks or so, then they aren't watching the games :D

Gonzalez is a pass catcher. He runs deep routes. That's only possible if your qb is upright and can deliver the football.

I am sure Cooley's numbers would read 80-85 catches if he were playing in New England or even with the Colts.

what makes you think any team wants to trade for mcnabb

you all have prettty much come out and said your goin to cut him

yup... I forgot who it was, but someone on the NFL network broke down the contract and said there is no way anyone is trading for mcnabb and picking up that contract... it was a contract built to decide this year if he is a franchise QB, and if so, we would pay like one, but if he didn't "prove" that, so the contract is structured to let us out of it with minimal financial pain... anyone picking it up would be saying he is their franchise QB and would have to pay him like one....

I really believe we'll get a 2nd and a lower pick for McNabb if we trade him. If we do, we effectively break even on what we gave up for him, if not come out a bit ahead (2010 2nd + 2011 4th versus 2011 2nd + 2011 3rd-5th + maybe a 2012 3rd). I think a first is within the realm of possibility. Depending on where the Vikes finish, they won't be in position to get a top QB (maybe Mallett if they go away from the WCO, but they won't draft Locker high), and they'll be desperate - they're too old to build with a project QB, but have too much youngish talent to simply blow up. I could see them throw a 2012 1st in.

I think we can swing a 3rd for AH, more likely a 4th with future conditional picks.

Cooley should get a #2 minimum.

I don't think we can have any idea until the end of the season and if there has been any coaching changes, however if things go in our favour we could get a 3rd for mcnabb, a 3rd for fat al and we would probably get a 2nd and a lower pick for Cooley (I don't want to get rid of him)

I really believe we'll get a 2nd and a lower pick for McNabb if we trade him. If we do, we effectively break even on what we gave up for him, if not come out a bit ahead (2010 2nd + 2011 4th versus 2011 2nd + 2011 3rd-5th + maybe a 2012 3rd). I think a first is within the realm of possibility. Depending on where the Vikes finish, they won't be in position to get a top QB (maybe Mallett if they go away from the WCO, but they won't draft Locker high), and they'll be desperate - they're too old to build with a project QB, but have too much youngish talent to simply blow up. I could see them throw a 2012 1st in.

I think we can swing a 3rd for AH, more likely a 4th with future conditional picks.

what are you smoking?!?!?!

have you just started following the nfl?

what makes you think you will get more for mcnabb then what you gave up for him?

-he is coming off his worst year of his career

-he is a year older

-its obvi you all will cut him

-he has a 10mill bonus coming up in his current contract

and you wouldnt get a 2nd round pick for cooley......brandon marshall got denver a 2nd

your draft pick value system is so far off

this isnt madden

what are you smoking?!?!?!

have you just started following the nfl?

what makes you think you will get more for mcnabb then what you gave up for him?

-he is coming off his worst year of his career

-he is a year older

-its obvi you all will cut him

-he has a 10mill bonus coming up in his current contract

and you wouldnt get a 2nd round pick for cooley......brandon marshall got denver a 2nd

your draft pick value system is so far off

this isnt madden

Shockey and Winslow got 2nds. Marshall got Denver two seconds. A 2nd for Cooley is nowhere near out of the question.

As for McNabb, there are teams that will be desperate for a QB. The Cardinals have too much talent to blow it up and rebuild, and won't be in position for an elite QB in the draft. Ditto for the Vikings. Even the Panthers might trade for McNabb if they can't get Luck somehow. I am fairly confident some team will overpay, and if they don't, we'll keep him, draft a guy like Devlin in the 2nd round, and hope he improves in year 2 of the system.

Shockey and Winslow got 2nds. Marshall got Denver two seconds. A 2nd for Cooley is nowhere near out of the question.

As for McNabb, there are teams that will be desperate for a QB. The Cardinals have too much talent to blow it up and rebuild, and won't be in position for an elite QB in the draft. Ditto for the Vikings. Even the Panthers might trade for McNabb if they can't get Luck somehow. I am fairly confident some team will overpay, and if they don't, we'll keep him, draft a guy like Devlin in the 2nd round, and hope he improves in year 2 of the system.

you would be LUCKY to get any kind of picks in the first 4 rounds for mcnabb

when its obvious your going to cut a guy teams are going to jump at the idea of giving up a young draft pick to acquire a 34 year old QB with a fat upcoming bonus coming off his worst season ever......oh and he just got benched for rex grossman and will soon be behind john beck on the depth chart..........yet you all think a premium pick is coming your way

lmao

teams who are lookin to make a trade for a qb will be calling andy reid about kolb wayyyyyyyy before then dial a 202/703/ or 301 number

yup... I forgot who it was, but someone on the NFL network broke down the contract and said there is no way anyone is trading for mcnabb and picking up that contract... it was a contract built to decide this year if he is a franchise QB, and if so, we would pay like one, but if he didn't "prove" that, so the contract is structured to let us out of it with minimal financial pain... anyone picking it up would be saying he is their franchise QB and would have to pay him like one....

That's why I think Minnesota is the only team that there's a possibility of us making a trade with--since they're willing to grab an older QB and make him their franchise QB for the next few years, and they might not want to risk Donovan hitting the open market. But then again, there have been Donovan-to-Minny rumors before; he'd probably want to go there.

when its obvious your going to cut a guy teams are going to jump at the idea of giving up a young draft pick to acquire a 34 year old QB with a fat upcoming bonus coming off his worst season ever......oh and he just got benched for rex grossman and will soon be behind john beck on the depth chart..........yet you all think a premium pick is coming your way

lmao

teams who are lookin to make a trade for a qb will be calling andy reid about kolb wayyyyyyyy before then dial a 202/703/ or 301 number

Eagle troll.

Vick and Kolb isnt going anywhere, Vick has a few years left and is more injury prone cause he does run, so it would make sense to keep Kolb instead of risk having a 1st year guy as a BU. Here is my sugestion and I know Im an idiot cause everyone else knows everything. Minny seems the best suit as A) Frasier will be back and Webb needs time and who better then #5 to mentor him for a few years B) African American coaches cant help themselves to tie themselves to a black QB. (Green/Culpepper, Morris/Freeman and Tomlin would LOVE Dixon to be the man) so it would be an easier sell. I say package McNabb/AH/Dockery to them for Steve Hutchinson and a HIGH draft pick (1st or 2nd). I know Hutch is getting older and some say "he dont fit our system". I SAY B.S. whatever system you run, its a matter of winning the 1 on 1's. He can pull and get to all levels so what makes him unathletic enough?? I thought they were mildly interested in AH in the offseason when he pulled his BS. Pat Williams is probably done. Whatever it is STAND firm and NOT let teams dictate what they're "worth". If we dont like offers KEEP BOTH. Let AH retire as a crybaby, he cant come back as we would still own his rights. So blast away

---------- Post added December-18th-2010 at 11:24 PM ----------

lmao

Hes NOT benching him based on talent level as he is better then Beck and we'll see what Rex has BUT to evaluate what is left with 3 games to go (ala MLB) Didnt Minny just give a 3rd mid season for Moss????? Didnt work cause of Chilly and Moss is a headcase......#5 isnt and a good mentor for Webb

lolz

Archived