Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Market for Donavan and other players of value

88Comrade2000

Half of the posters have no clue

Ironically neither do you.

Reality is we aren't getting dick for either.

Just because we won't receive premium picks doesn't mean that "we aren't getting dick".

And believe it or not, there are many posters who know the value of draft picks, and how unlikely it is that we'll see anything higher than a 3rd for McNabb (if that), and anything higher than a 4th (or conditional pick) for Haynesworth.

Anyways, in the spirit of the thread, I think you also have to take into account trading Carter and Dockery for ANYTHING you can to teams that they fit better (4-3 defense and power blocking scheme, respectively). 6th and 7th round picks are worth more to us than they are, especially yet another year older.

And if you can get a 2nd, or even better, a 2nd plus a later (or conditional) pick for Cooley, you absolutely have to pull the trigger. For a 3rd or less, though, I'd have to think long and hard, and be very confident in Davis. Especially if we're bringing in a rookie QB (I'm becoming more and more convinced of this).

Fat Al is a 3rd ac0rding t0 NFL netw0rk and I think that's fair.

McNabb, maybe a sec0nd, pr0bably a 3rd, better suited f0r a package player trade.

The last three TEs t0 be traded, went f0r a 2nd and a 6th. That's the staple trade right n0w. K2, G0nz0, Sh0ckey.

C00ley will g0 f0r a 2nd and a 6th. He is the 2nd ranked TE in the league 0n a bad team.

M0ss is a FA, n0b0dy is trading f0r AC.

3rd or 4th for Donovan, 5th for Haynesworth. Cooley could get us a 4th as well. Carter wouldn't get anything, who else do you guys think could get traded?

I'd disagree that Cooley would only net a 4th. I wouldn't trade him for that, although I'd think VERY hard about a 3rd or higher.

The market's been set for a TE of his caliber, in the very recent past: Shockey, Kellen Winslow Jr., Gonzales. They are all either not as good as Cooley, older, or significantly more injury-riddled. And they all fetched at LEAST a 2nd.

I could see something like Cooley + 6th for 2nd + 4, or something like that. Allen has shown a liking for trades like this, where we squeeze every ounce of value out.

Arizona didn't show any interest in McNabb this year, I think you can write them off the list. Vick will be a target for Arizona, Minnesota.

Well, if Zona wants to keep Larry F. they will have interest this year. Of course, it is the Bidwells. Vick is going nowhere. He will finish his career an Eagle.

I'd disagree that Cooley would only net a 4th. I wouldn't trade him for that, although I'd think VERY hard about a 3rd or higher.

The market's been set for a TE of his caliber, in the very recent past: Shockey, Kellen Winslow Jr., Gonzales. They are all either not as good as Cooley, older, or significantly more injury-riddled. And they all fetched at LEAST a 2nd.

I could see something like Cooley + 6th for 2nd + 4, or something like that. Allen has shown a liking for trades like this, where we squeeze every ounce of value out.

Forgot what those TE's got traded for my bad haha. A 2nd and a 6th was the going rate? Sounds pretty good for Cooley or a 3rd and two 7th's or something...

Arizona didn't show any interest in McNabb this year, I think you can write them off the list. Vick will be a target for Arizona, Minnesota.

I think Phillys gonna hold on to Vick. I'd be very surprised if we got anything higher than a 3rd for McNabb. But Arizona is once again a suitor I think. They are on their 4th starting QB so far, they're desperate

Ironically neither do you.

Just because we won't receive premium picks doesn't mean that "we aren't getting dick".

And believe it or not, there are many posters who know the value of draft picks, and how unlikely it is that we'll see anything higher than a 3rd for McNabb (if that), and anything higher than a 4th (or conditional pick) for Haynesworth.

Anyways, in the spirit of the thread, I think you also have to take into account trading Carter and Dockery for ANYTHING you can to teams that they fit better (4-3 defense and power blocking scheme, respectively). 6th and 7th round picks are worth more to us than they are, especially yet another year older.

And if you can get a 2nd, or even better, a 2nd plus a later (or conditional) pick for Cooley, you absolutely have to pull the trigger. For a 3rd or less, though, I'd have to think long and hard, and be very confident in Davis. Especially if we're bringing in a rookie QB (I'm becoming more and more convinced of this).

excellent post and response...picks (no matter what round) is a good thing for this team (we need young players and lots of them).......a blind squirrel has found a nut before by Shanahan in the late rounds...Terrell Davis a 7th rounder comes to mind, and as you stated I think (hope) they at least entertain offers for Cooley (he will garnish the best/highest pick of any of our players)

Vick will not be an Eagle next year. Don't know where he'll go, but he won't have the tag slapped on him, and I doubt the penny up.

I hate to say it, but that team is probably making a decently deep playoff run.

You really think they won't jump at the chance to smoothly transition from one franchise QB (McNabb) to the next (Vick)?

Vick's maturation, re-dedication to his game, etc. fell into their laps and paid off big time, they'd be stupid not to pony up, especially if they go deep into the playoffs.

The key with McNabb would be finding a team willing to pay the $10 mil option bonus he's due I believe March 1st. If the Vikings are desparate, it's possible they could get something for McNabb. I doubt it though.

With Hayesworth, it's going to be a limited market. The Titans seem to be the only team that would take him on. But with a possible coaching upheaval there, it's not a slam dunk.

Sad to say, McNabb officially has no trade value at all. After today, everyone knows the Redskins have no interest in him next year and there's no way they'll pay all that $$ he's owed if the keep him just to sit him on the bench. So any interested team can sit back and wait until the Redskins cut him.

If you are bringing in a crappy rookie QB, wouldn't you want him to have Cooley around, especially with Moss likely gone?

I'd rather him have Davis around, and another 2nd round pick on his offensive line.

That's just me, though. I can see the opposing argument, and it has equal merit.

Nobody wants any of our players, kids. Cooley only looks good to us because of the garbage that surrounds him. In reality, he is considered about the 12th best TE in the league. Haynesworth and McNabb are jokes....only Cerrato would trade for a player that will certainly get released anyway. Dock and Carter are aging second stringers. In reality, with contracts and all, there are NO players on the redskins that could get a very good draft pick via trade.

Stop overrating our pathetic talent.

Archived