Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could you deal with no Redskins football for a full year?

Titaw

I am a true fan and I would not be mad at all. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am tierd of this. It's been ten years, and we go through the same song and dance. When is the DJ going to start playing new music? I hope there is a lock out. The players deserve more, and as a fan of one of the most disfunctional franchise in sports, I deserve a break.

This current franchise has absolutely no connection to the great years of the 80s and early 90s that I remember, besides the uniforms and the name.

So you are telling me we could trade this wretched franchise for a new one, and start over, and all I have to do is not put up with watching terrible football for a season?

Sign me up.

The title of the thread faked me out.......I thought the question was going to be whether we'd miss watching the Redskins in the event that a lockout caused no football to be played in 2011. I can say that in that scenario, I probably could live without watching the Skins next year. The past three seasons have driven me to a point of apathy that I don't think I'd miss the team for one season.

However, for whatever reason, the situation posed by the OP seems a bit different to me. Even though I know our glory days were in the distant past, it seems like there at least some connection there. If the Redskins were to leave DC and go elsewhere, I would think that the glory days would be linked to that team and not to whatever new one we'd get. Now, I definitely could not cheer for the "LA Redskins," but I wonder how long it would take me to embrace a new Washington franchise. The sport is getting hard enough to watch as it is with the silly rule interpretations, etc........a scenario like this might cause me to avoid the sport altogether.

No. I wouldn't want that.

There'd be something missing, even if we kept the rights to the name. The "Washington Redskins" would be in LA. Like the Oilers are in TN; and the Browns in Baltimore. I'd still follow the new franchise, but there'd be something missing for me. It would be different than the one I've followed for the last 27 years or so.

Hail.

I'd GLADLY wait a year or so until we got a REAL owner--GAWD, you're getting me excited. That scenario is amazing--Snyder leaves, and then Joe Gibbs steps in (with financial backing -John Cook?) as Owner of the Washington Redskins. OHMYGAWD...That would be the BEST!

unfortunately it wouldnt work like that.

first off.... im dreading the possibility of a lock out next year as it is.

BUT, if the op's scenario were to happen .... it would be the end of the redskins. with all the hoopla about the mascot and name i dont think anyone would come back in and pick it up.... the redskins would become a legend of the past ....

so hopefully it never happens

Honestly, I think Shanahan and Allen are on the right track. A lot of people on here would say they are not; And even though we are not wining a ton of games this year, the concept is seeded...we will not tolerate meme type attitudes. Either you play as a team, or you will not play. This will eventually equate to a winning attitude. So, I would not be happy with losing a year since, I do not expect us to win the playoffs next year either, but I do expect us to make progress as a team under Shanahan.

No, just no.

Snyder was a part of the probleme...but now it is all Shanahan. You can´t blame Dan for getting Shanahan and giving him controle.

Michael Edward Shanahan needs to find out a new Redskins off systeme togetter with Kyle and build it up from the ground with young players....Hasslet should do the same with the D#.

The reason why the Pats and Steelers are so succesful is because they know who they are. They know which type of players they need to make the scheme work.

If you think Daniel Snyder is the probleme we should try to buy him out.....collect a huge amount of money from the fans and buy the team. But I can already tell you, it wouldn´t work.

´Skins fans or the most difficult to please. We where one of the best teams during the 1980´s and early 1990 and durning that periode we got spoiled.

We need to remember that periode but also need to move on. We are a different team and need to rebuild, be patient and trust the coaching staff.

P.S. I think Daniel Snyder is a way better owner then some people give him credit for. He does anything to bring us back to the top and financiel-business we are one of best. He just needs to stop thinking ´win now´ and be patient and trust the coaching staff. He was running the team as a fan who wanted to win today rather then tomorrow. That needs to chance to a GM like aproace, see long term...losing today can mean winning the Super Bowl in three years,

No, just no.

Snyder was a part of the probleme...but now it is all Shanahan. You can´t blame Dan for getting Shanahan and giving him controle.

Michael Edward Shanahan needs to find out a new Redskins off systeme togetter with Kyle and build it up from the ground with young players....Hasslet should do the same with the D#.

The reason why the Pats and Steelers are so succesful is because they know who they are. They know which type of players they need to make the scheme work.

If you think Daniel Snyder is the probleme we should try to buy him out.....collect a huge amount of money from the fans and buy the team. But I can already tell you, it wouldn´t work.

´Skins fans or the most difficult to please. We where one of the best teams during the 1980´s and early 1990 and durning that periode we got spoiled.

We need to remember that periode but also need to move on. We are a different team and need to rebuild, be patient and trust the coaching staff.

P.S. I think Daniel Snyder is a way better owner then some people give him credit for. He does anything to bring us back to the top and financiel-business we are one of best. He just needs to stop thinking ´win now´ and be patient and trust the coaching staff. He runned the team as a fan who wanted to win today rather then tomorrow. That needs to chance to a GM like aproace, see long term...losing today can mean winning the Super Bowl in three years,

This...Skins fans need to think about how it would be to have an owner like Ralph Wilson or any owner that doesn't spend money on players, or in any other facet of the team.

personally im about to deal with no Redskins football for the rest of my life. honestly it should be called Redskins debacle because pro football is not what we play. and for the record NO i will not be switching team when and if i jump ship. ill simply give up on football all together. God help me i never thought id type those words but im almost at the end.

Although I'm never brave enough to do it, I've been considering a year away from Redskins football for about a decade now. :)

---------- Post added December-17th-2010 at 11:08 AM ----------

He runned the team as a fan who wanted to win today rather then tomorrow. That needs to chance to a GM like aproace, see long term...losing today can mean winning the Super Bowl in three years,

You were on to something until this popped up. :)

Things aren't so bad that I want to deal with the devil that I don't know versus the one that seems to be slowly improving. (*)

(*) Things are slowly getting better. Vinny is gone. Snyder is no longer making football decisions. Allen and Shanny might leave a little to be desired, but I'll wait a few years before celebrating them as a success or vilifying them as failures.

I thought this thread would be lockout related as others have said.

I could probably use a break from football. I find myself scanning NFL Sunday ticket for the best game while our game is being played. I'd rather watch a couple of teams I have no interest in rooting for, but play some good football, then watch our debacle of a team.

The way the game is played today (passion, money, rules, free agency), the way we've been a non-factor in 19 years and with a lockout a 50/50 possibility, I've almost gotten to the point of giving up on the NFL. I am seriously considering cancelling Sunday Ticket next year and spending my money on something more useful.

Archived