Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philadelphia newspaper's controversial Vick headline: 'TOP DOG'

joeknows

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Philadelphia-newspaper-s-controversial-Vick-head?urn=nfl-271545

Philadelphia newspaper's controversial Vick headline: 'TOP DOG'

By Chris Chase

In case you didn't remember that new Philadelphia Eagles starting quarterback Michael Vick(notes) was once imprisoned for running a dogfighting ring, the city's tabloid newspaper would like to remind you. Here's the front page of Wednesday's edition of the Philadelphia Daily News:

ept_sports_nfl_experts-695946753-1285162747.jpg?ym8r5zDDSFCghzZn

Subtle. I guess "PUPPY ELECTROCUTOR NAMED STARTING QUARTERBACK" wouldn't fit.

(Although note the not-at-all-accidental use of the word "shocking" in the subhead.)

it makes me happy to see SOMEONE in Philthy is still busting this guys balls and not letting him off the hook just because he is playing well.

This is the kind of stuff that just sickens me. Do these morons even know what Vick did? Or are they so empty inside that a headline supersedes anything.

Vick funded an operation that forced dogs to fight eachother. In prepping for those fights, smaller dogs and other animals were used as practice fodder. Female dogs were strapped into devices and raped and of course the creme de la creme, dogs who were too broken down or viewed unworthy were executed, personally by Vick in some cases, by a number of means.

This is what this piece of trash did. Just keeping real yo.

;8010774']I'm going to guess you meant' date=' "Were they your dogs?".

They were innocent animals that were slaughtered because of a a piece of garbage. I have dogs and if someone did that to them, I would show them what my dogs went through![/quote']

and stallworth killed an innocent person

people >>>>>>>>> dogs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77aw9dG7tis

There is a difference between accidentally killing a dude that suddenly runs infront of your car and purposely murdering multiple domesticated animals for sport.

cough lenoard little...........

but i know lets make a bigger deal out of vick right?!?

haha

cough lenoard little...........

but i know lets make a bigger deal out of vick right?!?

haha

Would love to know how you would have felt about Vick had he landed with the Cowboys.

---------- Post added December-4th-2010 at 02:38 PM ----------

I just wanted to add this article to this thread:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=5876114

;8010866']Would love to know how you would have felt about Vick had he landed with the Cowboys.

---------- Post added December-4th-2010 at 02:38 PM ----------

I just wanted to add this article to this thread:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=5876114

would have felt that he did his jail time and has the right to return to work

its just that simple

you people act like the man didnt suffer for his crime....people fight chickens all the time why dont they go away from 18 months

he did his time move on

plus they were just some dogs

would have felt that he did his jail time and has the right to return to work

its just that simple

you people act like the man didnt suffer for his crime....people fight chickens all the time why dont they go away from 18 months

he did his time move on

plus they were just some dogs

Had you committed the same offence, and been convicted of it; something tell's me you'd have a COMPLETELY different attitude when you weren't allowed to return to your former job; and were left scratting around for whatever dead end job you could actually get.

But because we have a (so called) super star athlete, we'll forget all that. The irony of the one rule for one; one rule for another B/S never fails to amuse the living piss out of me from the "he's served his time" brigade.

Bur hey, congrats anyways. Not only can you continue to play the "I've been to more NFC Championship games than you" game with Arizona as the poor relations of anyone that's ever been in the East; you can now do it knowing you were the franchise that stooped low enough to take a barbaric torturer of defenseless animals on.

Hail.

Had you committed the same offence, and been convicted of it; something tell's me you'd have a COMPLETELY different attitude when you weren't allowed to return to your former job; and were left scratting around for whatever dead end job you could actually get.

But because we have a (so called) super star athlete, we'll forget all that. The irony of the one rule for one; one rule for another B/S never fails to amuse the living piss out of me from the "he's served his time" brigade.

he was one of the best at his job in the world when he went to jail.

before he went to jail he was a starting qb

after jail he was a 3rd string qb

so yes he was demoted and didnt just walk right back into the same position

its like a ceo going to jail and coming back as a normal worker untill he built himself back up

so dont give me that crap

he also took about a 100million pay decrease after jail\

again he did his time and learned his lesson

what do you think the man should have never be able to work in his profession again?!

stfu you white pickett fence kid get over youself and just keep collectin your checks from peta

---------- Post added December-4th-2010 at 07:58 PM ----------

;8010898']Just that comment alone shows me you aren't even worth talking too.

:cry:

The man was convicted and served his time, more time than some people in the NFL who had killed people. Get over it. Everyone deserves a chance to redemm themselves. You would want the same for yourself if you were ever in a position where you did something wrong.

Archived