Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philadelphia newspaper's controversial Vick headline: 'TOP DOG'

joeknows

Or dumber/ classless/ morally inept ..... heck, just insert your own adjective at your leisure. Chances are it will fit.

Hail.

man the next post after yours just cements this fact, lol, and even tho they are all of the above, they still get all teary eyed and sensitive over deseana getting made fun of, lol

I don't think anyone here is putting down any of those crimes that you listed. I certainly am not, and all of the crimes are ones that are deplorable. INCLUDING the slaughtering of animals. Yes, it sucks that people are apathetic to those crimes. But is it really right to belittle the heinousness of Vick's crime because of that fact?

Look, I understand that Vick has the right to get his life back on track. I get that. He was in financial ruin, still is, and is playing for his livelihood. And he's playing amazingly, don't get me wrong.

However, it doesn't take away from the fact that the manner he killed LIVING BEINGS was psychopathic. He didn't just have them fight each other, he would pound the heads of living beings, and electrocute them if they failed. He did it. You may see it differently, but using whatever means you have to purposefully torture another living being is unacceptable. It's the same as a little boy frying an ant with a magnifying lens, or even an adult pinning a child down and forcing themselves on that child. Nothing will change the fact that they did it. Unfortunately, you can never tell if these people ever recover and are able to fully rehabilitated. It's why we don't allow child molesters to be around children unattended, or why Vick likely won't be able to ever adopt an animal if he desires.

It's obvious the problem here is a disconnect between how people value the lives of dogs. What we all have to realize and accept is that some of us cherish and love dogs, and consider them to be members of the family. Almost like another child or sibling. Others may like dogs, but simply view them as accessories or entertainment to have around the house, and thus treat them solely like animals. And others just view them as things that don't really matter. When talking about something like this, it is our job to take that other person's side into account. For anyone to tell someone else to "Get Over" this Michael Vick thing is insensitive on their part, and almost intolerant. Likewise, those who are angry at the ones telling them to "Get over it" need to realize they simply view dogs through a completely different lens.

Rally-To-Restore-Sanity-Will-Rationality-Rule-Again.jpg

As a dog owner, I hate what he did. But as an officer of the court, I recognize that he served his time--more than most of the other criminals in professional sports, and more than some private citizens. I don't say "get over it" with regard to the crime he did, but I say "get over it" to the fact that so many hate him playing, and I supect, playing well.

As for child molesters--it's not even in the same ballpark, considering the 81% recidivism rate of those criminals. And I'm sorry, but child molestation, as a crime, is about as bad as it gets. There is no comparison.

As a dog owner, I hate what he did. But as an officer of the court, I recognize that he served his time--more than most of the other criminals in professional sports, and more than some private citizens. I don't say "get over it" with regard to the crime he did, but I say "get over it" to the fact that so many hate him playing, and Is supect, playing well.[/quote

I hate that he's been allowed to resume his career brd, and a very public, high profile one at that. And it's not for the fact he's playing well. Aside from he's an Eagle, and not wanting you guys to do anything ever, I couldn't give a flying **** how well he plays. It's the fact that he is afforded the right, when you or I would now be struggling to get ANY job, let alone walk straight back into our former careers had we committed and been convicted of the same crimes.

This "one rule for one, one rule for another" B/S just because the "other" happens to be a super-star athlete is just that, utter B/S. And it doesn't sit well with me funnily enough. As much as I detest Michael Vick, and ANY other person who'd been as sadistic toward defenseless animals as him, with no sense of guilt or remorse to compound that; I have no problem with him being a free man and back in society. He served his sentence set down by a court of law.

It's what's followed and continues to that grates, for reason's already stated.

Hail.

I wonder if the attitude of the Eagles fans would be any different if Vick was on our roster, or the Cowboys. We'll never know, whatever they say, but it does beg the question.

Hail.

Of course it would. Look at the 180 WB36 has done now that the Eagles are winning. It's no different than the blind eye most Pats fans turn to Belichick's cheating, which was confirmed once again just a couple of weeks ago. But of course, none of them care.

As a dog owner, I hate what he did. But as an officer of the court, I recognize that he served his time--more than most of the other criminals in professional sports, and more than some private citizens. I don't say "get over it" with regard to the crime he did, but I say "get over it" to the fact that so many hate him playing, and Is supect, playing well.[/quote

I hate that he's been allowed to resume his career brd, and a very public, high profile one at that. And it's not for the fact he's playing well. Aside from he's an Eagle, and not wanting you guys to do anything ever, I couldn't give a flying **** how well he plays. It's the fact that he is afforded the right, when you or I would now be struggling to get ANY job, let alone walk straight back into our former careers had we committed and been convicted of the same crimes.

This "one rule for one, one rule for another" B/S just because the "other" happens to be a super-star athlete is just that, utter B/S. And it doesn't sit well with me funnily enough. As much as I detest Michael Vick, and ANY other person who'd been as sadistic toward defenseless animals as him, with no sense of guilt or remorse to compound that; I have no problem with him being a free man and back in society. He served his sentence set down by a court of law.

Hail.

You really have more of an issue with the situation in general than you do with Vick. You would have the same issue, I hope, if the name wasn't Vick, but instead Manning, Cooley, Brady, Mel Gibson, Kayne, Taylor Swift...you get the picture.

I wonder if the attitude of the Eagles fans would be any different if Vick was on our roster, or the Cowboys. We'll never know, whatever they say, but it does beg the question.

Hail.

If he were on the Cowturds TR1 would have a thread a day devoted to it, lol.

Hail.

again you would be able to resume your job is you were in the top 15 in the world when it came to your profession

vick was demoted when he returned to his job anyways

You really have more of an issue with the situation in general than you do with Vick. You would have the same issue, I hope, if the name wasn't Vick, but instead Manning, Cooley, Brady, Mel Gibson, Kayne, Taylor Swift...you get the picture.

Without question. It's only "Michael Vick" because that name happens to be the one that stooped to such low life levels and got caught. In football terms, heck, in terms of a man who I can't think of being a better example to live your life by; I have the upmost respect for Coach Gibbs. But, hypothetically speaking, had it been him and not Vick, all that respect would of died.

It's about being a decent human being, and knowing what's right and what's wrong. The name of the individual, or whom he plays for as we're on a football board, matters not a jot.

Hail.

Without question. It's only "Michael Vick" because that name happens to be the one that stooped to such low life levels and got caught. In football terms, heck, in terms of a man who I can't think of being a better example to live your life by; I have the upmost respect for Coach Gibbs. But, hypothetically speaking, had it been him and not Vick, all that respect would of died.

It's about being a decent human being, and knowing what's right and what's wrong. The name of the individual, or whom he plays for as we're on a football board, matters not a jot.

Hail.

you are acting like dog fighting is the worst crime ever

chill he did plenty of time and is moving on with his life, hop off his .....

#teamaintipeta

Of course it would. Look at the 180 WB36 has done now that the Eagles are winning.

Exactly. This guy is obviously just baiting you all with this defending of Vick. Everyone knows that Vick is still 100% Herpes giving, dog killing douchebag. He got caught, and had to change his behavior, but that's it. People don't change like that. Not usually. Especially coddled athletes. He's pretty much the same person inside. The same dog electrocuting/drowning/hanging/get my purple drank on idiot

Exactly. This guy is obviously just baiting you all with this defending of Vick. Everyone knows that Vick is still 100% Herpes giving, dog killing douchebag. He got caught, and had to change his behavior, but that's it. People don't change like that. Not usually. Especially coddled athletes. He's pretty much the same person inside. The same dog electrocuting/drowning/hanging/get my purple drank on idiot

if he was white you wouldnt be sayin a lot of these things

vick was never a syrup drinker

dont just throw things around with no proof kid

and i know he isnt the same qb :ols: thanks donovan

if he was white you wouldnt be sayin a lot of these things

vick was never a syrup drinker

You are a buffoon, and everyone on this site laughs at you including some of our Eaglefan members who we like (or love to hate).

He had a birthday party in a club, and there was a shooting that night. We know what that douchebag is by what he does. Kills animals, gets caught and lies about it, passes on Herpes, hangs around with thugs that shoot handguns at birthday parties.

Go away fool.

You are a buffoon, and everyone on this site laughs at you including some of our Eaglefan members who we like (or love to hate).

He had a birthday party in a club, and there was a shooting that night. We know what that douchebag is by what he does. Kills animals, gets caught and lies about it, passes on Herpes, hangs around with thugs that shoot handguns at birthday parties.

Go away fool.

again you claim that he was/is a syrup drinker when he has never been caught with the stuff or even in connection with it

making false claims

he also had nothing to do with the shooting........pretty sure your boy dhall was there 2.......

Jokes go right over your head without the catching mitt, huh?

You trying to make this thing about race is laughable

you making false claims about an man doing something illegal is wrong and should be pointed out

if you dont like the guy bc he is in green and is the best qb in the conf thats one thing, but u just throwing around false claims that have no fact backing at all is wrong

saying someone drink syrup isnt a joke

but claiming dog killing is the same as hunting because they are both dead isn't a joke

Got it.

the end result of both is the same thing

take a gun and shoot a deer till it bleeds to death or just shoot the dog that lost the fight

both end in a dead animal

one is accpeted in america the other isnt

the end result of both is the same thing

take a gun and shoot a deer till it bleeds to death or just shoot the dog that lost the fight

both end in a dead animal

one is accpeted in america the other isnt

you sir are not very smart when it comes to inductive reasoning.

see if you can process this: people are often offended by dog-fighting b/c they love their dogs, and get ready b/c here's the main point: The soul-less, torturous, and indecent methods of slaughtering those dogs can only be accomplished by a person who possesses all of those traits. This isn't like stealing a candy bar, or even $100k. This takes thought and planning.

hunting is a sport born of necessity that later turned to mostly sport. many hunters still use most to if not all of their kills for sustenance and treat the animals respectfully, and if you are hunting for sport there are many rules that govern the same thing.

just b/c animals end up dead is like saying the holocaust was just as bad as old people homes, b/c 99% of people never made it out of either.

to me, he served his time so he should play. but to say you can't understand how people still hold a grudge is way more ignorant than the people who do. just requires a bit of reasoning, which judging by your dog-fighting to hunting comparison, you are DEFINITELY not capable of.

i hope you're proud that you demonstrated your awesome intelligence.

you sir are not very smart when it comes to inductive reasoning.

see if you can process this: people are often offended by dog-fighting b/c they love their dogs, and get ready b/c here's the main point: The soul-less, torturous, and indecent methods of slaughtering those dogs can only be accomplished by a person who possesses all of those traits. This isn't like stealing a candy bar, or even $100k. This takes thought and planning.

hunting is a sport born of necessity that later turned to mostly sport. many hunters still use most to if not all of their kills for sustenance and treat the animals respectfully, and if you are hunting for sport there are many rules that govern the same thing.

just b/c animals end up dead is like saying the holocaust was just as bad as old people homes, b/c 99% of people never made it out of either.

to me, he served his time so he should play. but to say you can't understand how people still hold a grudge is way more ignorant than the people who do. just requires a bit of reasoning, which judging by your dog-fighting to hunting comparison, you are DEFINITELY not capable of.

i hope you're proud that you demonstrated you're awesome intelligence.

hey im sure the animals are like "well at least he killed me respectfully whew"

bottom line is that hunters go out with intention of killing animals

vick had intention of killing/fighting the dogs

vick gets jail time...hunters get a pat on the back

i dont see people who do ****fighting going to jail for a year and a nickle

hey im sure the animals are like "well at least he killed me respectfully whew"

you want to play it that way?? fine. do you eat any meat?? i'm pretty sure they are treated worse than the animals in both cases, so by your logic (i use that term loosely with you) you and I are worse than dog-fighters b/c we support these activities.

you're too easy. please post some more.

Archived