Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philadelphia newspaper's controversial Vick headline: 'TOP DOG'

joeknows

Well I for one won't sit here and say that I like, or even respect Vick, but he was given a shot, and he took it, and he certainly looks like he has apparently seen the error of his ways, so it is what it is.

With that being said, for the people who keep saying that there are other guys currently in the NFL who have killed people , mainly Leonard Little and and Donte Stallwoth, the difference between them and Vick is the intent to kill. There tons of good people every year who make mind the numbingly stupid decision to get behind the wheel while intoxicated, and end up paying for it, ruining their lives, and ending someone elses. There is a huge difference between that and drowning/electrocuting dogs, without an ounce of remorse, and then lying about it afterwards.

The man was convicted and served his time, more time than some people in the NFL who had killed people. Get over it. Everyone deserves a chance to redemm themselves. You would want the same for yourself if you were even in a position where you did something wrong.

I am a teacher and if I had done what Vick did, I would never be allowed in a classroom again teaching kids.

people >>>>>>>>>>>dogs

killing a person with your car because of dui >>>>>>>> killing a group of dogs

---------- Post added December-4th-2010 at 11:41 PM ----------

;8011136']I am a teacher and if I had done what Vick did' date=' I would never be allowed in a classroom again teaching kids.[/quote']

not if you were one of the top 15 teachers in the world you would be teaching again

but since your prob just an avg to below avg one then no prob not

"If you go back and watch the film' date=' I'm getting hit after I throw the ball, repeatedly," Vick said Friday on WIP-AM, according to the Daily News. "Time after time after time, I'm getting my facemask pulled, I'm getting hit in the head. The calls are not being made.

"Every time I get hit, I look up at the ref and I see no flag. I see other quarterbacks standing in the pocket, the minute they get touched, there's a flag on the field. ... This has been happening for the last four or five weeks. I haven't complained, I haven't said anything, but it's getting to a point where I'm tired of getting up off the canvas."...

"The defense is going to continue to do it, because it's not getting called," Vick said. "I care about the longevity of my career, I care about my health, and I want to be treated as fair as any other quarterback."[/quote']

Well at least it looks like Michael Vick learned one thing from his dog fighting days: How to whine like a little *****.

The man was convicted and served his time, more time than some people in the NFL who had killed people. Get over it. Everyone deserves a chance to redemm themselves. You would want the same for yourself if you were even in a position where you did something wrong.
Michael Vick didn't make a mistake or an immature decision. His crimes weren't an accident. And this isn't his second chance. He made the choice everyday for six years to continue being a criminal.

Vick funded and participated in the dog fighting operation from 2001-2007. He displayed a sociopath's level of disregard for lives and suffering over the better part of a decade. He tortured and murdered animals for fun. If I were in the same position as him, I would fully understand why other people detest me. And honestly, I wouldn't blame them.

---------- Post added December-4th-2010 at 08:56 PM ----------

people >>>>>>>>>>>dogs

killing a person with your car because of dui >>>>>>>> killing a group of dogs

This argument doesn't make any sense. Paying someone to kill your pregnant girlfriend like Rae Carruth>>>>>>>>>>>>killing a person with your car because you are dui. Does that make it OK for NFL players to run over people when they're drunk?

stfu you white pickett fence kid get over youself and just keep collectin your checks from peta

:cry:

but since your prob just an avg to below avg one then no prob not

:ciao: When you get back,see these as THE reasons why.

I am also a teacher. I teach classes in criminal and civil law. Vick served his time according to the laws we have in our society. The fact that you or I would not be hired again as teachers has no bearing on Vick's case or situation.
Doesn't it? Just because someone goes to prison doesn't mean everything is forgiven and forgotten the second the person is released. They can't vote, can't buy guns, can't become president, are barred from numerous jobs (which apparently includes teachers), etc. Society doesn't give convicted felons a clean slate. Why should Michael Vick be any different?

Doesn't it? Just because someone goes to prison doesn't mean everything is forgiven and forgotten the second the person is released. They can't vote, can't buy guns, can't become president, are barred from numerous jobs (which apparently includes teachers), etc. Society doesn't give convicted felons a clean slate. Why should Michael Vick be any different?

Vick can't buy guns, can't vote, can't become president, and is barred from many jobs. It just so happens that not all jobs bar felons. Professional entertainers are among those who face no disbarment from employment except by employer choice. Get over it already. There are players who have beaten their wives and girlfriends, used drugs, sold drugs, probably even raped others. Should they all be banned from professional sports, even if never caught? The only difference between many people in this world and felons is that the felons have been caught doing the crimes. And before you say "Hey, Vick had intent", well, no one does drugs, sells drugs, beats wives, or rapes someone by accident. I'm willing to bet that at least half the posters here have smoked and/or had in their possession weed. I wonder how many men here have taken advantage of a woman. Yeah, that's right guys--if you did it to her while she was drunk, high, or underage, you raped her because in those instances, she legally can't give consent. There are few saints, and not enough forgiveness to go around today.

Vick is here to stay, and if he truly turned his life around, we should rejoice that a man can be rehabilitated from the abyss.

Vick is here to stay, and if he truly turned his life around, we should rejoice that a man can be rehabilitated from the abyss.

You're correct, br dawk but "rejoice" and "abyss" are poorly-chosen words. Perhaps "take comfort" and "spoils of success" are better. Michael has served his time with an albatross around his neck but his true test is coming- success. Let's see what his character is made of now that he's again the belle of the ball. In Atlanta he was lazy, selfish, and felonious. Prison humbled him and he properly re-dedicated himself to the game but now that he's back on top we'll see if the leopard has changed it's spots. I'm guessing he has but we'll see.

My remaining question about Vick is his durability. The Eagles could make the NFC championship game only to find out Kolb will be starting. Vick is so aggressive and has the ball so much that it's tough to get a season (or a post season) out of him. Props to the Eagles though because right now he's gobbling up the NFL. I just wish he wasn't a filthy dog murderer. ;)

You're correct, br dawk but "rejoice" and "abyss" are poorly-chosen words. Perhaps "take comfort" and "spoils of success" are better. Michael has served his time with an albatross around his neck but his true test is coming- success. Let's see what his character is made of now that he's again the belle of the ball. In Atlanta he was lazy, selfish, and felonious. Prison humbled him and he properly re-dedicated himself to the game but now that he's back on top we'll see if the leopard has changed it's spots. I'm guessing he has but we'll see.

I agree that success is his real test. From all accounts, he left his lazy, no care attitude behind. It's amazing what Reid gets out of him. If Vick stays in Philly and gets another year under his belt of this offensive, who knows what kind of numbers the Eagles put up on offense.

My remaining question about Vick is his durability. The Eagles could make the NFC championship game only to find out Kolb will be starting. Vick is so aggressive and has the ball so much that it's tough to get a season (or a post season) out of him. Props to the Eagles though because right now he's gobbling up the NFL. I just wish he wasn't a filthy dog murderer. ;)

Many Eagle fans, and football fans in general, have the same question. Making the championship game would be a little easier if you guys beat the Giants today.

---------- Post added December-5th-2010 at 11:38 AM ----------

;8011710']No! There are plenty of people who will never get over what Vick did and never think he belongs back in the NFL. That' date=' you need to get over.[/quote']

I won't get over the fact that too many people rip Vick while turning the other cheek at the other nasty things I listed. Wife beater? No problem. Beat the kids? Okay. Sell drugs? Eh. Rape women? Who cares. Kill people? Stuff happens. Kill dogs? Death penalty.

I agree that success is his real test. From all accounts, he left his lazy, no care attitude behind. It's amazing what Reid gets out of him. If Vick stays in Philly and gets another year under his belt of this offensive, who knows what kind of numbers the Eagles put up on offense.

Many Eagle fans, and football fans in general, have the same question. Making the championship game would be a little easier if you guys beat the Giants today.

I won't get over the fact that too many people rip Vick while turning the other cheek at the other nasty things I listed. Wife beater? No problem. Beat the kids? Okay. Sell drugs? Eh. Rape women? Who cares. Kill people? Stuff happens. Kill dogs? Death penalty.

thank you for keepin it 100

the jersey color is altering these peoples opinions

I don't think anyone here is putting down any of those crimes that you listed. I certainly am not, and all of the crimes are ones that are deplorable. INCLUDING the slaughtering of animals. Yes, it sucks that people are apathetic to those crimes. But is it really right to belittle the heinousness of Vick's crime because of that fact?

Look, I understand that Vick has the right to get his life back on track. I get that. He was in financial ruin, still is, and is playing for his livelihood. And he's playing amazingly, don't get me wrong.

However, it doesn't take away from the fact that the manner he killed LIVING BEINGS was psychopathic. He didn't just have them fight each other, he would pound the heads of living beings, and electrocute them if they failed. He did it. You may see it differently, but using whatever means you have to purposefully torture another living being is unacceptable. It's the same as a little boy frying an ant with a magnifying lens, or even an adult pinning a child down and forcing themselves on that child. Nothing will change the fact that they did it. Unfortunately, you can never tell if these people ever recover and are able to fully rehabilitated. It's why we don't allow child molesters to be around children unattended, or why Vick likely won't be able to ever adopt an animal if he desires.

It's obvious the problem here is a disconnect between how people value the lives of dogs. What we all have to realize and accept is that some of us cherish and love dogs, and consider them to be members of the family. Almost like another child or sibling. Others may like dogs, but simply view them as accessories or entertainment to have around the house, and thus treat them solely like animals. And others just view them as things that don't really matter. When talking about something like this, it is our job to take that other person's side into account. For anyone to tell someone else to "Get Over" this Michael Vick thing is insensitive on their part, and almost intolerant. Likewise, those who are angry at the ones telling them to "Get over it" need to realize they simply view dogs through a completely different lens.

thank you for keepin it 100

the jersey color is altering these peoples opinions

My goodness, you are well-spoken! Tell me, old bean. Were you home schooled by a highly qualified governess, or did your wealthy and educated family teach you how to partake in the discourse of the gridiron? Please, tell me!

Rally-To-Restore-Sanity-Will-Rationality-Rule-Again.jpg

Anyone who thinks that Vick is "rehabilitated" needs to have their head examined.

The guy killed dogs for not fighting hard enough. Hung them. Electrocuted them. Starved them. Guys a psychopath, and there ain't no turning back from that. If his behavior in the club in the offseason showed anything, it's that he really hasn't changed.

Only thing he's sorry about is the fact he got caught.

Anyone who thinks that Vick is "rehabilitated" needs to have their head examined.

The guy killed dogs for not fighting hard enough. Hung them. Electrocuted them. Starved them. Guys a psychopath, and there ain't no turning back from that. If his behavior in the club in the offseason showed anything, it's that he really hasn't changed.

Only thing he's sorry about is the fact he got caught.

I mean really that says it all, dude would still be doing it if he hadn't been caught. He only apologized after he was caught, in fact he lied about it when he was first caught, then when there was evidence he apologized....what a toolbox..smh

the end result is no different than hunting a deer

dead aniamal who people will forgot about in less than 48 hours

again people deaths >>>>>>>>>>>>> animal death

Oh really?

Tell me where the deer fighting clubs are that catch deer and force them to fight each other, then electrocute some of the losers, and pull the teeth off the promising female deer so they can be forcibly bred with promising male deer to breed better fighters.

Vick did the kinda stuff other sociopaths do, the kind that end up as murderers and scum. Stuff hunters as a group would NEVER do.

And you defend Vick.

Oh really?

Tell me where the deer fighting clubs are that catch deer and force them to fight each other, then electrocute some of the losers, and pull the teeth off the promising female deer so they can be forcibly bred with promising male deer to breed better fighters.

Vick did the kinda stuff other sociopaths do, the kind that end up as murderers and scum. Stuff hunters as a group would NEVER do.

And you defend Vick.

at the end of the day its still dead

he did his time and is the mvp of my squad why wouldnt i back the dude

at the end of the day its still dead

he did his time and is the mvp of my squad why wouldnt i back the dude

Because torturing animals the way Vick did should have seemed very creepy to you. I mean, is it OK to do ANYTHING to an animal since "at the end of the day it's still dead"?

I agree with you 100% that people>>>>>>>animals. I've hunted, dressed, and ate plenty of animals. (Suspect a lot of people here have only done the last part.) And I find the idea of torturing pets the way Vick did to be disgusting and disturbing. Don't you?

Because torturing animals the way Vick did should have seemed very creepy to you. I mean, is it OK to do ANYTHING to an animal since "at the end of the day it's still dead"?

I agree with you 100% that people>>>>>>>animals. I've hunted, dressed, and ate plenty of animals. (Suspect a lot of people here have only done the last part.) And I find the idea of torturing pets the way Vick did to be disgusting and disturbing. Don't you?

You know the answer to that, he's a troll looking for someone to annoy, and while very annoying he's still a 13 y/o living in mom's basement.

There are a LOT more vegans on Extremeskins than I would have thought.

Because to have complete and total meltdowns over what Vick did years ago while enjoying tonight's steak and thinking it was somehow killed more "humanely" would be sorta... kinda... I dunno... hypocritical.

I don't think what he did was right either but I'm not gonna have conniptions over him coming back into the league and getting paid what a (semi) free market dictates as I value human life roughtly eleventy million times more than any animal, no matter how many cute novelty christmas songs they are featured in.

Archived