Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Johnson, Cortland Finnegan Fight

Dan T.

Agreed. Andre ripped his helmet off first so Finnegan ripped his off (defends himself understandable), Andre (bigger guy) throws Finnegan to the ground and while on the ground he throws a punch. Andre = punk. If you wanna get it (fight) let him stand up and then throw down, don't wait and punch him when he is on his knees. So Andre is the big time punk.....Although I do think Andre would whoop his butt.

Dude, Finnegan threw the first punch! You dont' wait for the guy to get up. lol...Some of you guys kill me with your responses.

Dude, Finnegan threw the first punch! You dont' wait for the guy to get up. lol...Some of you guys kill me with your responses.

He didn't throw a punch he jammed him off the line and Andre got upset (probably was more too it but no punch was thrown by Finnegan). And yea hitting a dude when he is on his knees when he DIDN'T throw the first punch is a punk move thats like kicking someone in the balls. Sqaure up and man up.

Wide outs get jammed all the time in the NFL and it don't result to a fist fight Andre escalated to a point of a fist fight, Finnegan jams alot of recievers so he didn't expected to get punched. Let it be known like hockey don't suprise the dude. Sucker punch is not cool it has punk written all over it. ( but all this is just my opinion)

This.

I'm amazed at the utopian view of street fighting that some people have. You want to see a punk move? Watch this: *Warning* Extremely Hard to Watch*

That's bad and pathetic. Exchanging blows with a guy and then throwing him to the ground and throwing a haymaker and an uppercut is nothing but fighting.

Finnegan had this reputation built up as a huge steal in the 7th round who came in and played at a "shutdown level". Then Haynesworth left the Titans and the Titans pass rush slumped, exposing Finnegan for the scrub he is. Ever since he's resorted to cheap tactics and bush league play.

He deservedly got clowned by AJ.

Probably the closest thing to a street fight. Andre won though and nobody is a punk. Just a 2 grown men going at it. Why everything has to be about class this and class that. You think players are saying thank you and pardon me on the field? I like both of these guys, but Andre took care of business and he did it flawlessly. Helmet off and got him on the floor for a couple shots. Don't play with the quiet guys...look at Marvin Harrison.

He didn't throw a punch he jammed him off the line and Andre got upset (probably was more too it but no punch was thrown by Finnegan). And yea hitting a dude when he is on his knees when he DIDN'T throw the first punch is a punk move thats like kicking someone in the balls. Sqaure up and man up.

Wide outs get jammed all the time in the NFL and it don't result to a fist fight Andre escalated to a point of a fist fight, Finnegan jams alot of recievers so he didn't expected to get punched. Let it be known like hockey don't suprise the dude. Sucker punch is not cool it has punk written all over it. ( but all this is just my opinion)

Uppercutting a WR on the chin strap is NOT "jamming a guy at the line." It's a cheap shot.

Agreed. Andre ripped his helmet off first so Finnegan ripped his off (defends himself understandable), Andre (bigger guy) throws Finnegan to the ground and while on the ground he throws a punch. Andre = punk. If you wanna get it (fight) let him stand up and then throw down, don't wait and punch him when he is on his knees. So Andre is the big time punk.....Although I do think Andre would whoop his butt.

You're crazy, he ran up and straight hit Andre in the face at the start of the play.... thats a sucker punch and a cheap ass punch on someone not expecting it.. that is a punk.

Andre, who did lose his cool... only reacted to being hit in the face... if you think he is a punk for what he did then you're obviously just a blind hater

LOLOLOLOLOL, "square up man" !

We have us a keyboard Rambo here guys =p

Dude, get over it... Cortland is a known punk ...

By the way. Cortland threw the sucker punch on the line... then Andre grabbed his ass and Cortland threw ANOTHER punch... then he got his little baby ass kicked... only AFTER throwing a sucker punch then a normal punch...

Andre Johnson might be in real hot water though. Watch after he and Finnegan are separated. An official has his hands on Johnson, keeping him out of the fray. Johnson sweeps the official's arm off of him. The league will not look kindly on him contacting the official like that.

Andre Johnson might be in real hot water though. Watch after he and Finnegan are separated. An official has his hands on Johnson, keeping him out of the fray. Johnson sweeps the official's arm off of him. The league will not look kindly on him contacting the official like that.

Yeah, this is the only act out of the incident I'm Johnson will regret in the end.

Finnegan just got he deserved plain and simple. BTW, this is football right?

meh....this type of thing happens in the NHL on a nightly basis. Perhaps I'm inured to it, but I think it's no big deal. Peter King is going squirrely about it giving the NFL a black eye, calling for suspensions of both players in order for the NFL to show it's serious about fighting. I don't think that the NFL has a fighting problem at all. There is a lot of other things that they need to address instead of worrying about a non-issue like this....

Finnegan gets paid to disrupt WRs. That's exactly what he was doing here. I don't know where some of you are getting at when you say Finnegan THREW the first PUNCH. Nowhere does any video suggest this.

AJ was getting jammed at the line, got pissed, and ripped off Finnegan's helmet. Hell if I was Finnegan I'd return the favor just as he did.

THAT'S when AJ took it too far by turning it into a fight. Finnegan stands up clapping after it's over because he knows he just got AJ thrown out of the game. Well, then he gets thrown out as well, which is BS. Finnegan didn't throw a punch, but AJ did. Simple as that. Finnegan got his punishment already (ejected). AJ should serve a couple of games for the punches and the official incident immediately after.

Finnegan gets paid to disrupt WRs. That's exactly what he was doing here. I don't know where some of you are getting at when you say Finnegan THREW the first PUNCH. Nowhere does any video suggest this.

AJ was getting jammed at the line, got pissed, and ripped off Finnegan's helmet. Hell if I was Finnegan I'd return the favor just as he did.

THAT'S when AJ took it too far by turning it into a fight. Finnegan stands up clapping after it's over because he knows he just got AJ thrown out of the game. Well, then he gets thrown out as well, which is BS. Finnegan didn't throw a punch, but AJ did. Simple as that. Finnegan got his punishment already (ejected). AJ should serve a couple of games for the punches and the official incident immediately after.

Agree with this entirely. To top it off, AJ's actions seemed to me premeditated as well. He should be suspended 2 games (minimum).

And now there is this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c81afb/article/report-titans-finnegan-told-texans-to-watch-this-before-fight?module=HP_headlines

In the seconds before Sunday's ugly brawl between Tennessee Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan and Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson, Finnegan grabbed the attention of the Texans' sideline and shouted, "Watch this," according to the Houston Chronicle on Monday.

Eh, it's a situation where Finnegan is notorious for being a cheap/dirty player and someone finally snapped on him for the way he plays. Andre shouldn't have lost his temper, but really Finnegan is lucky that is the worst that has happened to him after the way he plays.

The league won't look kindly on this for either player but for the people that know the situation, the vast majority will be more sympathetic to AJ. The people saying AJ is a 'punk' are in a *very very* small minority.

The fact that Kubiak who knows more about the situation than anyone posting here still felt comfortable giving Andre Johnson the game ball is indicative of the reputation that Finnegan has. (He obviously didn't give him the ball for fighting, but his performance otherwise)

Sorry dude, but no ****ing way. You're completely ignoring what really happened. Finnegan was straight up jamming his hands up into Johnson's face on several of the place, and ripped his helmet off as well. That video only shows the upshot of one snap, but Finnegan was being a douche all game long. That little prick got what was coming for him.

Again, popping a WR in the throat or chin is not "jamming a receiver." And don't think this whole thing blew up out of thin air. Finnegan was doing chippy crap all game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AgKiksMUBkCwT80.0KQXIbVDubYF?gid=20101128034

Archived