Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Johnson, Cortland Finnegan Fight

Dan T.

Finnegan is good for one horrible cheap shot per game. So' date=' I just assume that he had already tried to break Johnson's leg at some earlier point in the game.[/quote']

Words cannot express how disappointed in you I am right now, LKB. I figured you would be the guy to take the racial angle in this. I don't know if Cortland Finnegan is actually a white guy or not, but we all know so many people are sticking up for him because he seems white, especially with a name like Cortland. Right?

Words cannot express how disappointed in you I am right now, LKB. I figured you would be the guy to take the racial angle in this. I don't know if Cortland Finnegan is actually a white guy or not, but we all know so many people are sticking up for him because he seems white, especially with a name like Cortland. Right?

Call it the luck of the Irish that he didn't get suspended.

If the NFL is against this kind of behavior along with illegal hits, why do they keep showing the replay on NFL Network? The guys on NFL Network are so classless, cheering on the fight like its a boxing match? I know grown men fight, but the NFL is too inconsistent in these kind of matters, as long as they make money and keep the viewers hooked on the "hot" news

Seymour should get suspended for the rest of the year? Are you serious? That's nuts. If you don't like the Steelers, that's one thing. But c'mon!

It would be unprecedented for sure, so I may be exxagerating. I think though for me it was just the whole "punch from nowhere" thing. It wasn't provoked, he can't say he was defending himself, and it was a clean shot to the face that dropped the unsuspecting victim. It was about as dirty as dirty gets.

I've already posted in this thread that Ben's been asking for that punch for years. I don't want anyone mistaking me for a sympathizer but if I were Goodell, I'd sit Richard for a looong time. When a player snaps like that he can give the impression to other players that there will be no consequences for trying to shatter the teeth of another player.

Archived