Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Perry Riley aftergame "Im gone"

soljaofjesus

Has this guy EVER had a Good Day?

This is the only time I have heard of him

How does he make up for ending our season early?

Can he park Cars?

Our season has been going nowhere for a while now. A good coach looks at the big picture and evaluates whether the player will develop into something. With your argument, we obviously have time to find out.

Dont know why he would be gone. Did he make McChoke throw the ball 5 yards short on the pass to Armstrong? That was an easy score for a win. pathetic.

Did you notice how he couldn't step into that throw?

Really? I don't recall releasing Westbrook, or Shuler, or Jeff George, etc.. after even their 10th bad game.

What year do you think Shuler played here?? HA!

Anyone with half a brain knows that I was referring to short-sighted moves, not necessarily cutting players after losses. For once, it appears that this organization is going to accumulate a bunch of younger players and let them grow up and cut their teeth as Redskins instead of just trying to acquire 5- to 10-year vets at a premium.

Look, it was a horrible decision on Riley's part, but that happens. We've won a couple games this year thanks to players on OTHER teams making bad mistakes. It happens!

Dude, we should just cut every rookie that makes a mistake since they aren't supposed to ever make them. That way we wouldn't have those bums Orakpo, Landry, or Williams on our team either.

Ridiculous. Riley had an awful day today but he's one of the few young players we have on our team. If we cut everyone that made a mistake to cost us a game we wouldn't have very many good players left.

In the NFL you have limited oppurtunities to make plays blew it twice. I don't expect him to get cut, but his chances are running out. Just to say, how does the first thought not be for Riley "don't block this guy in the back."

Every week we have key drops and now 2 games where a dropped pass became an interception.

Whats with the all or nothing passing attack. Its either a dropped down pass or a 50 yard fly route wheres the intermediate plays.

I doubt it. There are many players and a combination of things that could lose a game for a team.

Honestly I think Perry is just worried because shanny doesn't take this kind of thing lightly. Not enough for a cut though imo. He's a young OLB that we NEED in the future for a 3-4. He hits nice from what I saw from him in pre-season.

Waiving him would just make our drafting look worse

He's an ILB, but your point stands.

Ref wanted to see the result. Same ref who didn't call a facemask on that guy who nearly tore Bank's head off or on several blocks in the banks I saw the Vikings commit. The Vikings got one flag all day. You would have thought they were the home team with some of those non calls. Like the defensive holding on the screen to Banks.

Banks was robbed multiple times today. The Perry penalty was at least legit.

Yea Banks was out there gettin mugged all day. But the official wanted to see the result? Thats stupid. If it happened it happened. Make the right call on time. One penalty all game? I can think of at least 5 plays off the top of my head that should have had penalties against the viqueens

The guy is an imbecile, there's no two ways about it. But I place far more blame for this loss on Kyle. He continues to show a complete inability to adjust to the defense as they adjust to him. Great opening drive, all cylinders clicking. The Vikings make some adjustments, and .... absolutely nothing else the whole day.

Yes, there were some drops that were pathetic, and the players should be held accountable, too, and yes, I know we didn't have anything resembling a running back, but, especially in that first half, so many good opportunities were just blown.

This offense is just consistently putrid. A lot of that is talent, but a lot of it is coaching, too. Both were shown to be lacking today once again.

Another heartless display from a passionless team.

I hear that every time a Redskin blocks someone in the back, an angel gets her wings. Or, at the very least, an interim head coach gets his first win.

Yea Banks was out there gettin mugged all day. But the official wanted to see the result? Thats stupid. If it happened it happened. Make the right call on time. One penalty all game? I can think of at least 5 plays off the top of my head that should have had penalties against the viqueens

Yeah, but they were only flagged once. If there was a delay on calling the penalty that is the only reason.

The guy is an imbecile, there's no two ways about it. But I place far more blame for this loss on Kyle. He continues to show a complete inability to adjust to the defense as they adjust to him. Great opening drive, all cylinders clicking. The Vikings make some adjustments, and .... absolutely nothing else the whole day.

Yes, there were some drops that were pathetic, and the players should be held accountable, too, and yes, I know we didn't have anything resembling a running back, but, especially in that first half, so many good opportunities were just blown.

This offense is just consistently putrid. A lot of that is talent, but a lot of it is coaching, too. Both were shown to be lacking today once again.

Another heartless display from a passionless team.

I hear that every time a Redskin blocks someone in the back, an angel gets her wings. Or, at the very least, an interim head coach gets his first win.

Uh...no. There were open receivers all over the field today. Whenever we needed a guy open, we got him. Either they dropped the ball or Mcnabb missed him. Did you see that check down on 3rd and long in Vikings territory at the beginning of the 4th? When they showed Armstrong "not getting separation", yet it was blatantly obvious that he was wide open inside the Vikings 5 yard-line?

Also, we needed a big TD in the 4th quarter. Armstrong is running down the field and beat his defender by at least 5 yards. Mcnabb severely underthrew him.

That's 2 TDs or near TDs that we missed on, where we had wide open receivers. This is not on the playcalling. The playcalling has been good most of the season, and I think in the past 2 weeks has become even better. Unfortunately, we don't have there's only so much you can do with the players we have. Some of it is on the receivers, some of it is on the oline. But I think most of it is on our QB. He's been maddeningly inconsistent, has shown poor decision-making skills, and seems to not get anything done without ideal conditions (and even then, he isn't a sure thing).

And AGAIN I will ask

What has this guy done for us beside end the season early and collect an undeserved paycheck?

OK so the rookie who is playing behind pro-bowler, London Fletcher, should be starting? Obviously not. Rookies who have one bad game, generally get released? Obviously, not too. So what's your larger point here -- that he hasn't produced this year? Yeah, tough to do it on the bench. Yes, Riley hasn't contributed to the team this year, many of us thought otherwise, you nailed it. One and done. We should have dumped Trent Williams too after giving up some early sacks this season.

I get your frustration but isn't the throw the baby with the bathwater out, short term results mindset, part of what our team gets hit for?

Archived