Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Rumors begin to swirl on potential Vick suitors (Redskins mentioned)

praise_gibbs

It's un-necessary to needlessly slaughter such a beautiful animal when you already have an abundant food supply. That Moose Killer does it for the thrill of killing. I don't think Hunting is a sport, I think Hunting is exactly what is, it's about domination. If hunters killed these animals with their bare hands I would somewhat respect them, however they're cowards who use high powered firearms against a defenseless animal, hunting is tantamount to torture, a practice that has no honor what so ever. She even passed laws to make it easier to kill Wolves, and offered $150 for every severed wolf foreleg. I don't see any difference between her and Michael Vick. The both kill animals for the thrill of it. Food is a just a bull**** excuse Hunters use to mask their blood thirst.

i guess you have never lived in an area where hunting is prevelent.... first off i come from a long line of hunters and i havent met a hunter yet that doesnt eat his kill. furthermore in many areas wildlife can become a nuisance. yes yes yes there were wolves in alaska long before people, however i must side with human progress.

here where i am now in the midwest, if the hunters didnt thin out the deer herds there would be many many more traffic fatalities than there already are. furthermore, in this area the crops feed the deer and they are able to grow to incredible numbers. if there wasnt some form of control we would be over ran in deer.

in other words we here in this area with our agriculture create an unnatural environment that is conducive to a deers life and eating habits.... there wouldnt be this many deer here if it werent for the free buffet of corn and beans they are given.

so yes..... their numbers must be controlled

but in regards to what VIck has done.... he tortured those dogs. im sure someone here has intimate knowledge of the so called sport of dog fighting.... although i wouldnt blame them for not admitting it. they abuse fighting dogs and do unspeakable things to them... and these are the ones they fight.... the ones that dont make the cut.... yeah.... thats criminal what they get done to them.

and THATS your man Vick, he was the one that disposed of the ones that didnt have that fighting streak. and as witnesses reported, the more sadistic and cruel of a way he could find to kill them the more he seemed to get a high from it.

so yeah, if my team, the team that most of my life prided itself on character players, happens to aquire a sick **** like Vick, a ****ing sociopath like VICK.... yeah i would be done with this organization so long as he plays for them. i will root against this team til the day he no longer QB's here and maybe even longer....

I love these guys that say 'just worry about the talent' and don't worry about the player's attitude :)

That sure worked out well with Dana Stubblefield, Brandon Lloyd, Albert Haynesworth and others around here.

How many games has this team won over the past 10 years taking that approach?

Meanwhile teams like the Steelers and Colts that don't sign major free agents and stay away from questionable character guys win Super Bowls..................

Time to stop hitting ourselves over the head with a hammer.

Dude, I'm with you in point, but this was a failure of a post. Laxpunk sums it up, but damn, come on, bulldog!

I only want younger players. If they are north of 25 - pass is my thoughts.

I second that. We had a good opportunity to go young this season and blew it. Again we are putzing along with the oldest team in the league.

I was not thrilled with acquiring McNabb (never trade within your division) and if they pick up Vick, well that may be it for me.

It's un-necessary to needlessly slaughter such a beautiful animal when you already have an abundant food supply. That Moose Killer does it for the thrill of killing. I don't think Hunting is a sport, I think Hunting is exactly what is, it's about domination. If hunters killed these animals with their bare hands I would somewhat respect them, however they're cowards who use high powered firearms against a defenseless animal, hunting is tantamount to torture, a practice that has no honor what so ever. She even passed laws to make it easier to kill Wolves, and offered $150 for every severed wolf foreleg. I don't see any difference between her and Michael Vick. The both kill animals for the thrill of it. Food is a just a bull**** excuse Hunters use to mask their blood thirst.
Wolves aren't just killed for jollies. Did you know that hunting is used for wildlife management?

That's become the point of tags and limits now.

Guess who pays for wildlife refuges?

If you think hunting is what is is, then accept it as it is: Hunting. The pursuit and harvesting of game. It is exciting to hunt, to literally "bring home some bacon". Hunting is a combination of a lot of things, hunting, getting outdoors, marksmanship, good eating, and tradition/history. Don't know where you get "domination" from.

LOL. Try to imaging catching any wild deer duck rabbit etc. with your bare hands. See how stupid that comment is?

You REALLY don't see any difference between hunters and Mike Vick?

Hunters don't befriend deer, take them home, make them fight each other to death in betting rings, pull out the teeth of female deer to better breed them, and electrocute the surviving "losers" for fun. Mike Vick and his buddies did that to dogs. Hunters go out in the woods, and shoot game animals for a variety of valid reasons, NONE of which have anything to do with trying to cause torture or domination or any of the stuff you said.

What confuses you about the difference here?

Blood thirst? Please tell me where you're going with this, so I can educate you better. Are you talking about the anticipation and thrill of the hunt? More like "buck fever" than "blood thirst". Or eating stuff like Roast Venison? LOL as messy as dressing a deer is, it's cooked just as thoroughly and may be healthier than what you buy in the grocery store.

You don't like Sarah Palin. BFD. Who does now-a-days?

The guy messed up big time that's a given!!! However he learned from his mistake that's life. No1 is perfect and every1 fails at some point no matter how big or small.

The key is to actuallly learn from ur mistakes and make urself a better person. Hell I love animals so this does bother me, but he learned his leasson.

With that being said. I would not quit on my skins if we got vick! To even think that to meee is like quiting when we got dieon sanders or steve spurrier!

Same case no matter how u cut it! Or for the raven fans to quit liking the ravens because lewis did kill someone or better yet! Here in nyc plaxico carring a loaded gun!!!

I repeat a loadeddd gun inside a nite club in manhatten!!! Like think about that for a second... Let it sink in,,, accidents happen! What if by accident it would have went off on someone u knew... N ur a giants fan would you not still follow them

Because of 1 idiot???

No matter what happens ill still go with the skins if they get vick or they don't. Will I cheer for him probably ill decide when if that does or doesn't happen. But if he's wearing a skins jersey then probably.

This isn't the place for this and it should be in another forum but you are 100 percent correct.

Unfortunately we still live in a bloodthirsty society. It's alot better than it was and I expect that things will continue to get better as people continue to be enlightened. That is my hope anyway.

No way Vick comes here next year. He either stays in Philly (which I think would be his first choice) or he goes to another team like the vikes or Cardinals.

Considering how close Vick is to McNabb, I can't imagine he wants to play here. He already defended McNabb in a radio interview last week saying it was a lie that he had bad practice habits, was lazy, stupid,etc. They are very close and I am sure Vick knows exactly how McNabb was treated by Shanahan. With all the suitors he will have next year, he won't take the chance of having a coach who doesn't support him 100%,

This would be a good sound roster move for the Redskins to pick Vick up. he still has speed, a good arm, and makes good decisions. The only problem is that he will want to start where ever he goes.

You are correct. Having Vick on the team also changes the style of offense that we will run. I'm not so sure if Shanahan would like Michael Vick on his team. Vick seems like the type of guy that will audible out the play for a run whenever he see's that a receiver has not beat his defended on a designed route. Shanahan may not like that very much.

Although, Vick does offer us more options. His running could be used to save us in a lot of 3rd and short situations. Time after time where the Redskins have failed to covert, Vick could run in for the 1st down and keep us in the game. Sometimes a huge run like that could give us good field position. Imagine us in over time, and Vick gets a huge run. Send Gano out there, kick the field goal and take it in for the win.

But as of now, I don't see Vick leaving Eagles. It's an automatic starting job, when Koln starts messing up. If he comes to the Skins, Shanahan might bench him. You saw what he did to McNabb, right?

This has big potential to be another bust (if it happens). However, with our O-line playing like swiss cheese and leaving holes everywhere, I wouldn't be opposed to a strong scrambling qb who has a cannon attached to his shoulder

Good point! I forgot to mention the o-line in my first reply. Even if we get vick the o-line is still a big problem. we have to go with what we have for now but I certainly hope in the next off season that we get some YOUNGER linemant to build for the future.

Just say NO to torturers of defenseless animals. Some things are WAY bigger than an athletes mere physical talent.

No more to add, continue on.

Hail.

The man has paid for his crimes. Everyone has made mistakes so lets forgive and move on. The power of not forgiving does not the affect the offender but yet powers them over those that continue to carry the burden.

Thanks Hollywood. The one thing that is a double-edged sword is that if there is bad production fromt he QB position he will pull a QB. In some games that could work but we saw evidence of what can happen if the move is made with no positive results. Again i missed mentioning the o-line in my previous post. I hope during the buy week that issue is addressed and at the very least we find out why Dockery is inactive why McNabb is running for his life in the pocket.

The man has paid for his crimes. Everyone has made mistakes so lets forgive and move on. The power of not forgiving does not the affect the offender but yet powers them over those that continue to carry the burden.

oh shut up! he has paid for his crime?

he may have done jail time but that type of barbarism is a character trait.... you cant change who you are.

if he was merely involved in gambling and patronizing such events i would agree but, this man tortured helpless passive dogs by electocuting them in a pool of water. the only thing comparably sick is the people that defend him....

and yes i take it seriously, i have a boxer that had i not taken her in would have been destroyed because she wasnt a fighter. she is the most loyal and affectionate dog i have ever seen/ had. i cant imagine someone doing to her what vick did to those dogs. i got her at 3 months old and she still suffers from what WAS done to her.

I could get into serious debate here but ultimately it's both been done to death on here; and honestly it's not worth it over (IMHO) that despicable excuse for a decent human being.

Obviously your standards of what's right and what's wrong differ from mine. Which is cool, it's your prerogative after all.

Vick can move on all he likes. So long as it's FAR away from my team.

Hail.

oh shut up! he has paid for his crime?

he may have done jail time but that type of barbarism is a character trait.... you cant change who you are.

if he was merely involved in gambling and patronizing such events i would agree but, this man tortured helpless passive dogs by electocuting them in a pool of water. the only thing comparably sick is the people that defend him....

and yes i take it seriously, i have a boxer that had i not taken her in would have been destroyed because she wasnt a fighter. she is the most loyal and affectionate dog i have ever seen/ had. i cant imagine someone doing to her what vick did to those dogs. i got her at 3 months old and she still suffers from what WAS done to her.

Hey I can't argue with perfect people of the world. I guess you have never said or done anything in which you have remorse. I applaud you taking in the boxer...I agree fighting dogs is barbaric. But who are you to call anyone sick for the simple fact they disagree with you. My statement is actually for those that hold on to this bagage.

Secondly the 1st amendment I states have the freedom to voice my opinion on here just as you do. I get it that you are passionate about this issue I recommend that energy be put to preventing animal abuse in action

Hey I can't argue with perfect people of the world. I guess you have never said or done anything in which you have remorse.

Secondly the 1st amendment I states have the freedom to voice my opinion on here just as you do. I get it that you are passionate about this issue I recommend that energy be put to preventing animal abuse in action

have i ever done anything that i have regret or have remorse for? of course but i have never caused bodily harm to any person or animal..... and i especially have NEVER electrocuted a dog in a swimming pool.

and as a vet of the armed forces im VERY KEENLY aware of your constitutional rights. i dont think you should sacrifice your right to say how you feel.

i just cant understand how anyone can defend the indefensible.

I could get into serious debate here but ultimately it's both been done to death on here; and honestly it's not worth it over (IMHO) that despicable excuse for a decent human being.

Obviously your standards of what's right and what's wrong differ from mine. Which is cool, it's your prerogative after all.

Vick can move on all he likes. So long as it's FAR away from my team.

Hail.

I never argued that what Vick did was right. Totally agree It was horrible. (IMHO) True judgement is yet to come.

Archived