Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Rumors begin to swirl on potential Vick suitors (Redskins mentioned)

praise_gibbs

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/07/rumors-begin-to-swirl-on-potential-vick-suitors/

As Eagles quarterback Mike Vick prepares to return to action more than a month after having his rib cage crunched between two members of the Washington Redskins defense, rumors already have begun to circulate regarding Vick's potential destination in 2011, if he doesn't sign a long-term deal with the Eagles.

Early talk focuses on the team whose players busted up his ribs -- the Redskins.

I wanted Vick before he went to Philly. Though, I don't know if I would want him over McNabb for the 2011 season. If there is even one.

Thoughts. :)

I think Vick stays an Eagle or goes to the Vikes

I think he stays an Eagle as well. Kolb goes elsewhere if he wants to start. McNabb either stays in DC or goes to Arizona IMO. I really think Childress is a dead man walking and that Brad would have been the only tie for McNabb to Minny.

;7946840']I hope he goes to the team with the worst offensive line in the league. Whoever it is.

No, I don't want him on this team.

I used to want him to get the **** knocked out of him, but people do deserve second chances, so I recant that. I don't, however, feel comfortable having someone who did those things on this team.

Hope not, I'm pretty sick of signing these big names to be honest... it hasn't got us anything at all. I would hope we just somehow get more draft picks and just draft well...whatever that consists of..

Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Ben Rothlisberger, Tom Brady. Those were the 5 last QB's to win superbowls. So when you insinuate that "big" names aren't an asset, I believe recent history has proven otherwise. As for drafting a QB, I have 2 words for you, Jason Campbell.

Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Ben Rothlisberger, Tom Brady. Those were the 5 last QB's to win superbowls. So when you insinuate that "big" names aren't an asset, I believe recent history has proven otherwise. As for drafting a QB, I have 2 words for you, Jason Campbell.

Yea, and I can name off ALL of the players we have signed that were big names... including McNabb that has not worked out for us... YOu know, keep doign the SAME things then you get the SAME results.

When was the last time Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger went to a team like the skins and had it work out? I give you Drew Bress, but that's the exception that pretty much proves the rule. It doesn't work for us... I will say no thanks to bringing in the 2nd big name QB thats in his 30s in 2 years.

I'm not saying the stars don't make a difference, just bringing in OTHER teams stars have done absolutely squat for us, are you a new fan?

If Shanahan makes the move then I will support it. He is far more qualified to know who would work best in our offense.

I do agree with the post concerning McNabb. I see him either staying with the Skins, or going to Arizona.

It will be interesting to see who replaces Childress in Minn. Hopefully its Wade the doughboy. And then Dallas promotes Garrett to HC.

If Mcnabb does decide to leave, then I seriously think Shanahan makes a play for Cutler. Wether it works out or not remains to be seen.

But if it came down to Cutler or Vick, I would much rather have Cutler.

If Shanahan makes the move then I will support it. He is far more qualified to know who would work best in our offense.

I do agree with the post concerning McNabb. I see him either staying with the Skins, or going to Arizona.

It will be interesting to see who replaces Childress in Minn. Hopefully its Wade the doughboy. And then Dallas promotes Garrett to HC.

If Mcnabb does decide to leave, then I seriously think Shanahan makes a play for Cutler. Wether it works out or not remains to be seen.

But if it came down to Cutler or Vick, I would much rather have Cutler.

Cutler or Vick, lol that would be a sad time in DC -=\ I would be ok with Cutler IF we drafted a QB to groom as the future QB. I know he was good under shanny, but I'm not sure that is enough to turn his bad play/Bad attitude around

Yea, and I can name off ALL of the players we have signed that were big names... including McNabb that has not worked out for us... YOu know, keep doign the SAME things then you get the SAME results.

When was the last time Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger went to a team like the skins and had it work out? I give you Drew Bress, but that's the exception that pretty much proves the rule. It doesn't work for us... I will say no thanks to bringing in the 2nd big name QB thats in his 30s in 2 years.

I'm not saying the stars don't make a difference, just bringing in OTHER teams stars have done absolutely squat for us, are you a new fan?

Of course I'm not a new fan, I've been following the skins since the days of Monte Coleman, Alvin Walton, Dave Butz, Barry Wilburn, Kelvin Bryant(So I know my ****). Most of the big names we brought in were on defense. Fortunately, our defense hasn't been the problem for the last 10 years. It's been our anemic offense. That's because we haven't invested into our offense as much as we have the defense. We need to start investing money and draft picks into our offense. How many prized offensive free agents have we signed? Clinton Portis and Moss came via trade, so they don't count. We need to bring in big name free agents on offense, and stop passing on offensive superstars in the draft,

Of course I'm not a new fan, I've been following the skins since the days of Monte Coleman, Alvin Walton, Dave Butz, Barry Wilburn, Kelvin Bryant(So I know my ****). Most of the big names we brought in were on defense. Fortunately, our defense hasn't been the problem for the last 10 years. It's been our anemic offense. That's because we haven't invested into our offense as much as we have the defense. We need to start investing money and draft picks into our offense. How many prized offensive free agents have we signed? Clinton Portis and Moss came via trade, so they don't count. We need to bring in big name free agents on offense, and stop passing on offensive superstars in the draft,

I agree that if we bring in any names, it shouldn't be for a trade. But again, Vick will be what? 31-32 next year, if there is even a next year... No thanks.

I also agree 10000% on drafting offense, we NEED o-line... if we were going to bring in big name FAs, I would much rather it be on the line as opposed to an aging qb with injury problems.

Vick is the last player I want to see here. I had to hold my nose when Deion Sanders was in a Redskins' uniform but that was strictly based on my rooting against him as a me-first player on the 49ers and Cowboys. I had nothing against him otherwise.

Vick to me is a POS. I don't have any control over it, but one would hope Shanahan has better sense than that.

The team already passed on Terrell Owens and Randy Moss two other guys with questionable character.

Vick is the last player I want to see here. I had to hold my nose when Deion Sanders was in a Redskins' uniform but that was strictly based on my rooting against him as a me-first player on the 49ers and Cowboys. I had nothing against him otherwise.

Vick to me is a POS. I don't have any control over it, but one would hope Shanahan has better sense than that.

The team already passed on Terrell Owens and Randy Moss two other guys with questionable character.

I think the Redskins should worry about talent and winning games before they should worry about signing Nobel Peace Prize winners IMO.

Archived