Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Rumors begin to swirl on potential Vick suitors (Redskins mentioned)

praise_gibbs

People are forgetting that there's no CBA right now. So when all these guys go this far in the season without signing extensions, I don't know why everyone's so surprised...

blah blah blah, as if there isn't enough drama with Washington right now

Words aren't strong enough.

1121176_o.gif

And how dumb would we be to take ANOTHER QB from the Eagles. They'd be laughing at us saying "What the QB you gave us a 2nd and a 3rd pick isn't working out? Well, maybe THIS QB we have will work out for you... Maybe we won't resign him and you can try him for free... *snicker*."

I could only support swapping McNabb for Vick if we can franchise McNabb and recoup those picks we gave up for him. After a subpar season I doubt anyone is going to offer the same trade package we do, especially since we probably outbud other suitors by a good deal the first time around if Philly was willing to trade him within the division.

That being said I doubt we make a move at QB this year. If the franchise rules remain in tact McNabb will be getting the tag or an extension. We don't have a better option at the moment and we gave up picks to get him.

I love these guys that say 'just worry about the talent' and don't worry about the player's attitude :)

That sure worked out well with Dana Stubblefield, Brandon Lloyd, Albert Haynesworth and others around here.

How many games has this team won over the past 10 years taking that approach?

Meanwhile teams like the Steelers and Colts that don't sign major free agents and stay away from questionable character guys win Super Bowls..................

Time to stop hitting ourselves over the head with a hammer.

I love these guys that say 'just worry about the talent' and don't worry about the player's attitude :)

That sure worked out well with Dana Stubblefield, Brandon Lloyd, Albert Haynesworth and others around here.

How many games has this team won over the past 10 years taking that approach?

Meanwhile teams like the Steelers and Colts that don't sign major free agents and stay away from questionable character guys win Super Bowls..................

Time to stop hitting ourselves over the head with a hammer.

Like Big Ben? Plaxico Burress? Santonio Holmes? Joey Porter? James Harrison? They're a swell bunch.

Character is definitely a factor. I didn't want Haynesworth because of the whole face stomping issue. Talent is a bigger factor. Guys with questionable character can be dealt with. Guys without talent can't.

Randy Moss has had plenty of success in the league and so have his teams. Big Ben has won Super Bowls despite a lot of guys on his team not even liking him. Brandon Lloyd is leading the league in recieving. Lawrence Taylor was one of the biggest scum bags to play the game and I seem to remember him picking up a few sacks. Aqib Talib is a guy with his share of flaws but is second in the league in interceptions on a 5-3 team that could be 6-2 if not for a failed fourth down conversion today. How about Brandon Marshall? Braylon Edwards? How about everyone's favorite Sean Taylor? You're telling me that spitting in someone's face, dui's, and assault aren't questionable character moves?

Again I'm not suggesting we completely disregard character in our scouting/evaluation process. I actually take a lot of pride in the fact that the Redskins have valued character especially under Gibbs, but it isn't the end all be all when assembling a winning roster.

Character issues aside-

He is something to watch.

He throws a pretty spiral and puts pressure on the defense with his legs.

Watching him against the colts right now, he is playing pretty smart also.

Threw a couple away rather then risk a pick in the redzone.

But he also is risking himself again with injury if you watch him, he's not even staying in the pocket and its almost like every play turns into a bootleg which could reaggrivate that rib injury if he takes another big hit

Give me Ryan mallet any day...trade mcnabb after franchising him...trade haynesworth...get draft picks and get mallet somehow

Unfortunately Ryan Mallet isn't going to last long. I believe he'll be snatched up by San Francisco or the Arizona Cardinals before he gets remotely close to us.

Oy Vey. There are 8 games left and this team is in playoff contention. I doubt this team is sending out feelers like PFT is suggesting that they want Vick.

i agree.

however.. you can't discount the outright dissing of McNabb by MS. Unfortunately it happened and it must be some issue.

also.. we are getting worse as the year goes. Much like the Zorn era. Giants whooping people by 40 some odd points... Eagles beating the Colts who gave us a thumping. We may be mathmatically in the hunt.. but it's tough to see how we suddenly find an offense here.

That said.. I don't want Vick at all.. and will refuse to watch if we somehow end up with him. And.. unfortunately, I think we will yet again be looking for a QB next season.

So are you trolling? Or do you not understand the difference between killing a wild animal for sport and food, vs. deliberately torturing a pet animal for fun?

It's un-necessary to needlessly slaughter such a beautiful animal when you already have an abundant food supply. That Moose Killer does it for the thrill of killing. I don't think Hunting is a sport, I think Hunting is exactly what is, it's about domination. If hunters killed these animals with their bare hands I would somewhat respect them, however they're cowards who use high powered firearms against a defenseless animal, hunting is tantamount to torture, a practice that has no honor what so ever. She even passed laws to make it easier to kill Wolves, and offered $150 for every severed wolf foreleg. I don't see any difference between her and Michael Vick. The both kill animals for the thrill of it. Food is a just a bull**** excuse Hunters use to mask their blood thirst.

Archived