Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suffering from Front Office Bi Polar Disorder

KDawg

We're on the same page, KDawg.

North = Build the #1 most talented roster in the NFL

West = Win now

If you make one move to the West, then one to the North and so on, you don't have a plan that will head North or West. You have a Northwest plan.

Northwest = Guranteed mediocrity

We're on the same page, KDawg.

North = Build the #1 most talented roster in the NFL

West = Win now

If you make one move to the West, then one to the North and so on, you don't have a plan that will head North or West. You have a Northwest plan.

Northwest = Guranteed mediocrity

Funny. Northwest = madness and insanity, if I'm remembering correctly from my english classes.

• 2 weeks later...

The minute we beat Dallas to open the season, everyone forgot that we were a 4-12, and pretty awful team last year. I will admit I was caught up in the frenzy a little bit too. Beating Dallas in front of everyone is always a fun thing. However I think most of us took the angle that this team was much improved, rather then what has played out, which is that Dallas was an imploding disaster on stand-by.

Ever since Gibbs took this team to the playoffs in 2005 & 2007, it seems like our front office is hell-bent on holding onto to that magic and thinking they can re-capture it.

Lets get be real for a second. Both of those playoff berths required some pretty improbable runs to get there. 5 in a row, and 6 in a row, if I remember correctly.

I keep getting the feeling that there are too many people in charge of this team that think that team from those years still exists somewhere in this current mix of players and instead of just burning down the house and rebuilding, they think that if we insert a certain player here or there, we will magically turn it around instantly.

Here is hoping that regardless of how the rest of this season plays out. This franchise starts taking the steps to rebuild this offseason.

We have a lot of players that can be useful to other teams, but have long outgrown(aka gotten too old and slow) for the roles they are currently asked to play as part of the Washington Redskins.

What we need is draft picks, in bunches. Every draft pick is a chance, so the more you have the better off you are. Putting all our marbles into one or two selections every season is not going to help matters.

I want this FO to stop lying to us, trying to keep our hopes up every year of some mystical Superbowl run that is just around the corner.

If the FO doesnt see the writing on the wall after this, I doubt they ever will.. Im ok with signing DMac.. He's a good leader and influence on youngsters, but imo, thats enough "old veteran experience" we need.. The rest of these guys who are old and slow and not fitting in any longer need to be shown the door.. I also dont really mind the 3-4 D, but we either are seriously under talented at the key positions, or our Defensive coordinator doesnt know how to teach the players where to be.. Or maybe he doesnt know himself? But someonething needs to be addressed on that front sooner rather than later, imo.. We're bad, but shouldnt be THAT bad.. Guys were so wide open I could pass a ball to them, and the running lanes were so wide open I could also run through them.. Something needs to happen there.. Also, the lines on both side of the ball are WEAK!! Do whatever it takes to fix that, A S A P!! That's all I got..

Bring up Capers and Austin. This is a bad team. Getting McNabb and extending him was fine, hopefully in 1-2 years we'll be able to contend and a veteran QB will help. But for now, play the young guys over the terrible vets that are underperforming and find a way to ship off some underperforming players to recoup draft picks (even if that means trading someone like Cooley).

The problem with this franchise is that it thinks competing is a birthright. Ya know, sometimes I envy the small market teams who have no choice but to blow things up, like the Lions. There's a team that will be a force by 2012.

Why can't we just accept that we suck for once and stop putting bandaids over everything and start from scratch? Just maddening.

[quoteThe minute we beat Dallas to open the season, everyone forgot that we were a 4-12, and pretty awful team last year. I will admit I was caught up in the frenzy a little bit too. Beating Dallas in front of everyone is always a fun thing. However I think most of us took the angle that this team was much improved, rather then what has played out, which is that Dallas was an imploding disaster on stand-by.

Ever since Gibbs took this team to the playoffs in 2005 & 2007, it seems like our front office is hell-bent on holding onto to that magic and thinking they can re-capture it.

Lets get be real for a second. Both of those playoff berths required some pretty improbable runs to get there. 5 in a row, and 6 in a row, if I remember correctly.

I keep getting the feeling that there are too many people in charge of this team that think that team from those years still exists somewhere in this current mix of players and instead of just burning down the house and rebuilding, they think that if we insert a certain player here or there, we will magically turn it around instantly.

Here is hoping that regardless of how the rest of this season plays out. This franchise starts taking the steps to rebuild this offseason.

We have a lot of players that can be useful to other teams, but have long outgrown(aka gotten too old and slow) for the roles they are currently asked to play as part of the Washington Redskins.

What we need is draft picks, in bunches. Every draft pick is a chance, so the more you have the better off you are. Putting all our marbles into one or two selections every season is not going to help matters.

I want this FO to stop lying to us, trying to keep our hopes up every year of some mystical Superbowl run that is just around the corner.

]

I could'nt agree more with you about the FO of the redskins.I personaly put all the blame on the FO exspecially Daniel snyder.He has to be the worst owner in the nfl and ever since he bought the redskins he single handedly has destroyed what once was one of the best football franchises in the league.The guy has done NOTHING but put the franchise in a deep hole and made us the punching bag of jokes for people to make fun of us.Im sick of this guy b/c he clearly does'nt know how to run a team but spend money/waste money on players that come here and do nothing but take the money and do nothing on the field.

We need somebody that knows how to run a team,how to build a team and exspecially a guy who knows how to build a winning team that contends every year.Daniel Snyder is not that guy! He is far from ever being that guy and im tired of antics and tired watching him destroy the Washington Redskins.

The difference in talent between us and the Eagles is astronomical.

It really does come down to this. There is no question the Eagles have more talent then the Redskins. Dallas and the Giants do also. We need to put in all the youth on the team, and see what we have here, and where we need to go in the future. This season needs to be an audition for next year now. The worst thing that could happen is that we go on some kind of run, that continues to convince everybody we are one or two players away. We are not.

It really does come down to this. There is no question the Eagles have more talent then the Redskins. Dallas and the Giants do also. We need to put in all the youth on the team, and see what we have here, and where we need to go in the future. This season needs to be an audition for next year now. The worst thing that could happen is that we go on some kind of run, that continues to convince everybody we are one or two players away. We are not.

That will never happen because Dan Snyder thinks his franchise is above admitting that it sucks.

You know, I remember saying these exact words during Joe Gibbs' last season with the Redskins, and really we've been the same team since then. There has been very little change since that season because for some reason we thought we had a good team.

This game really doesn't upset me that much, well not at the coaching staff. This game just pisses me off even more at Vinny, Dan, Zorn and Gibbs at just how badly they mismanaged the Redskins over the past 3/4 years.

Our talent level is bottom 3 in the league. We could even have the worst talent level in the league. Which is why I wasn't too surprised when I saw how badly we were getting beaten, we just don't have the talent to matchup with the number of playmakers and their speed. Shanny I think has done a lot with what he has, but we have a severe dearth of talent on this team. Let's face it, there was a reason this team was 4-12 last season, and it wasn't all on the coaching. Until we get more talent in all areas of this team, we should expect to scrap for every win we get, and be exposed when we play with teams with talent lightyears ahead of ours.

Oh c'mon people. Of course we are one or two players away from contending. The problem is that it is one or two players at every postition, or in the case of the offensive line, four players. We need two RB's, three WR's, 4 O-Linemen, an OLB, two CB's, and two DL's. Oh, and a defensive coordinator. Doesn't matter what talent there is if they are being put in the wrong places constantly.

In regards to the o-line we need to re-stock the 3 interior positions. I'm fine with what we have at Tackle right now and I don't blame this front office for that problem. In an offseason where moves were limited due to the CBA they got 4 new lineman in here and did the best they could.

Wide receivers- Definitely need two. I think Armstrong is capable of at least being a #3 and maybe a #2 depending on how he progresses. Moss, Galloway, & Roydell Williams need to go

Running backs- I'm fine with Torain and WIlliams. I'm really curious to see what James Davis can do. We do need one guy to stabilize the group.

OLB- Definitely needed, probably 2 (depth)

CB- Want to see what Barnes can do...Time to let him play over Buchanon

DL- Ditto for Jarmon. Get him in the damn game and cut Holliday.

I agree and that's why trading for McNabb was a mistake and the contract extension compounded that mistake.

We need to overhaul the oline. We need receivers. By the time we get those pieces (assuming we ever do) McNabb will be winding it down (assuming he isn't already).

I'm really disappointed that Mike Shanahan didn't just go for the complete rebuild and decided to go the half and half route. Rebuild but try and win. That never works for a bottom feeder. Just the good teams that have a core of winners (Patriots, Steelers) spring to mind.

We have to stop trying to win it all now by adding 1 or 2 over paid over the hill players. We have not had the talent to win it all for long long time. We continue top mortgage our future by trading away draft choices so we can we now

Look at the pats they have been on top for 10 yrs and they are loaded in next yrs draft. They trade away their primma donnas for draft picks not trade trade picks for primma donnas or ovrated players

All these quick fixes and band aids keep burying us into a deeper and deeper hole. Tonight was a result of that. The difference in talent between us and the Eagles is astronomical.

This is the thing, before we can start competing we need better talent. We have probably the worst skill position talent on offense in the NFL. Add in the poor Oline especially in the middle and it's actually surprising we have not been worse on offense than we have been. Similar story on defense although we have more talent on that side of the ball just talent for a 4-3 not a 3-4.

This was always more than a one year fix. We are an 8-8 team at best and maybe worse after a butt kicking like this. It will be interesting to see how we respond next week, who wants to play and who mails it in. Also how does Haslett respond to this.

Archived