Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You're the coach of the Redskins, which QB would you draft?

GoSkins561

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Let's carry on with the poll it could create an interesting conversation outside of the points Oldfan is trying to make.

Not really. All polls like this accomplish is to get answered by people using entirely different criterias for doing so.

Under the scenario, no one in their right mind takes Bradford or Stafford rather than the certainty of a Hall of Fame QB like Peyton or Brady. Anyone who picks one of the youngsters is either understanding the question differently than I do, or a liar or fool. And yet Bradford is 2nd at the moment.

It's not really an interesting topic. For what you are asking, it's nothing more than another Brady vs Manning debate.

I say go with Rex & draft a project QB late.. Rex knows the system and will give us a better 3-4 years than a rookie, imo. Also, i trust the Shanahans to coach up a later round QB. Let's find our own Tom Brady :) Someone that will be ready to go in 4 years or so, after Rex has worn out his welcome.

edit: i think i may have misunderstood the question.. If I had to choose from that list, P.Manning all day :)

Not really. All polls like this accomplish is to get answered by people using entirely different criterias for doing so.

Under the scenario, no one in their right mind takes Bradford or Stafford rather than the certainty of a Hall of Fame QB like Peyton or Brady. Anyone who picks one of the youngsters is either understanding the question differently than I do, or a liar or fool. And yet Bradford is 2nd at the moment.

It's not really an interesting topic. For what you are asking, it's nothing more than another Brady vs Manning debate.

Well Dude, then beat feat, why are you here?

Hmm...anyway let me look at this here...

My offense would need a mobile QB...so that would be Rodgers and McNabb. I would draft Rodgers first and foremost because I think he's the total package aka Steve Young lite

With the other QBs...you would have to build certain things perfect for them. For example, Manning or Brady would suffer behind our O-line...period. Both of them tend to have like 8 seconds to throw.

I would draft a good running back to go with Rodgers and a solid weapon. Heck...a very good running back combined with a top weapon especially in McNabb's younger days would have been deadly. It really depends on what you prioritize...a QB with great elusiveness is great for a struggling team with a poor O-line, I think that's why we got McNabb now. But yea...I'd take Rodgers based on the offense and the team I want to run

Did you really put Manning in there?? As far as I'm concerned...there's ELITE(Manning)...then there's everyone else. Idc what anyone says, Brady is not on Manning's level....though he does top the list of Great-Very Good QBs
Brady's elite. Peyton will be a coach whenever he retires.

Brady's elite. Peyton will be a coach whenever he retires.

I think he's great...top 3...but if you had to use the word "Elite" and have Manning in that same sentence I'd beg to differ. If anything...I think the Super Bowls are really the main reason why but anyway...*shrug*

why did so many people put manning? i don't understand it. he's been horrific in the playoffs. he puts up great regular season stats and is undoubtedly a genius and one of the best to ever play the position. that said, his performance plummets in the playoffs.

i hate the patriots and everything about them, but i'd take tom brady in a heartbeat.

also - this is a strange poll. why are jay cutler and sam bradford on there? they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as manning and brady.

why did so many people put manning? i don't understand it. he's been horrific in the playoffs. he puts up great regular season stats and is undoubtedly a genius and one of the best to ever play the position. that said, his performance plummets in the playoffs.

i hate the patriots and everything about them, but i'd take tom brady in a heartbeat.

also - this is a strange poll. why are jay cutler and sam bradford on there? they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as manning and brady.

Well, after Cassel did so well in NE, and is not as good in KC (although, he's improving), it may be partly based in the system. Plus, NE had a much better defense. Although this argument can never be fully resolved.

I went with Manning; possibly the best QB ever to play.

Well' date=' after Cassel did so well in NE, and is not as good in KC (although, he's improving), it may be partly based in the system. Plus, NE had a much better defense. Although this argument can never be fully resolved.

I went with Manning; possibly the best QB ever to play.[/quote']

i don't think that's even possible to say. best qb ever? and he won one superbowl against a bears team led by rex grossman? seriously? i don't see it. he's great and everything but with one ring there's no way i'd put him ahead of brady or montana.

So I have to clarify are we getting Peyton Manning now? Or Peyton Manning out of college. I would chose Stafford or Rodgers because of their age and potential. Otherwise Peyton Every day of the week. For the record I chose Rodgers because he's a proven QB that has taken his team to the playoffs whereas Stafford is yet to do that.

i don't think that's even possible to say. best qb ever? and he won one superbowl against a bears team led by rex grossman? seriously? i don't see it. he's great and everything but with one ring there's no way i'd put him ahead of brady or montana.

No actually GOAT would be pretty accurate. I mean...using a Super Bowl as the sole reason to discredit a QB is kind of nonsense. It does raise the positive perception of a QB...but I can make an easy argument that Brady is nowhere on Manning's level. All one simply has to do is break down how the Super Bowls were won and how the seasons went...Manning is way above Brady. I still think he's a great QB...but I think some people get carried away

And Joe Montana is another case as well but I'll leave him alone for now

No actually GOAT would be pretty accurate. I mean...using a Super Bowl as the sole reason to discredit a QB is kind of nonsense. It does raise the positive perception of a QB...but I can make an easy argument that Brady is nowhere on Manning's level. All one simply has to do is break down how the Super Bowls were won and how the seasons went...Manning is way above Brady. I still think he's a great QB...but I think some people get carried away

And Joe Montana is another case as well but I'll leave him alone for now

you can look at tangibles and numbers and statistics all you want. they're meaningless without victories. peyton manning is a good regular season quarterback. in the playoffs he is not. when it matters most, he has not proven to be the best ever. tom brady certainly has. joe montana did as well. i'm not using it as the only reason brady would be my choice. he's accurate, smart, has a huge arm, good leader, etc. his statistics may not be as good as mannings but they're still up there. everyone slobs on peyton cause he puts up numbers. so did dan marino. if he was on this poll there's no way i'd pick him.

when comparing such great players, it's difficult to find a 'better' player. i look at rings and how each qb has performed when the team needed him most. peyton didn't perform in the playoffs and has really yet to show regular season form in december. tom brady is a different story.

and i'm not even going to address the matt cassel thing. it seems ridiculous to compare the team he played with in NE to the KC team he's with now.

Archived