Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You're the coach of the Redskins, which QB would you draft?

GoSkins561

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

What a stupid thread.

I am going to go out and say, that anyone who didn't pick our current QB ain't really a fan of team and needs to turn off the XBox for a while.

Peyton is unquestionably the most talented of the group, but it is all about the team around them, not just the QB.

DMac's career ain't over yet. You might want to save this thread for when he retires, hopefully as a Redskin!

What a stupid thread.

If its a stupid thread then why post?

A bit hypocritical don't ya think?

Peyton is unquestionably the most talented of the group, but it is all about the team around them, not just the QB.

Peyton may be the best stats in the group and but to say that he's the most talented probably isn't true there are QBs on that list that have better arms, are more accurate, more mobile etc.

E.g: David Cutcliff (who coached both Manning and Heath Shuler) said that Shuler was more talented Manning.

But then again Shuler is probably one of the most talented QBs to enter the draft.

But we all know talent doesn't always win out.

They're all rookies and you're starting from scratch.

Maybe you should edit and add the above to the OP?

They're all rookies and you're starting from scratch.

well then its manning without question....

the better question would be, which QB at his current age do you build a franchise around. I go with Stafford, followed closely by Rodgers. Bradford looks damn good but he still hasnt played enough to be a lock. Could make an argument too for manning, simply because he is so good and probably has 5-10 more years in him.

the better question would be, which QB at his current age do you build a franchise around. I go with Stafford, followed closely by Rodgers. Bradford looks damn good but he still hasnt played enough to be a lock. Could make an argument too for manning, simply because he is so good and probably has 5-10 more years in him.

I cant knock your Stafford pick, except in two seasons he's had two injuries that forced him to miss games. That's not a good sign to me.

There are a few young QBs that I want to throw out for your scenario. Just because they dont put up the fantasy numbers doesnt mean they arent just as good as Rodgers, Bradford and Stafford: Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco. I'm a huge fan of Matty Ice, but I have to admit I think Freeman will be better than him. That dude is a player.

I guess I'd go with Manning, unless you're taking a Favre before his ego grew to epic fail proportions. I really think, if Favre didn't actually believe he was infallible, he would have been the greatest ever. It wasn't until Holmgren left that he stopped listening to anyone.

As for Vick, if someone were trying to guide that guy, they'd have to draft him before he was a player in highschool and coddled him and cut all ties with all his friends. His whole family is bad news (queue any quote by Marcus), so I don't think another team drafting him would have made a difference, but who knows. Maybe with a guy like Dungy at the helm, things would have turned out differently. I just think some people have to be at rock bottom before they are willing to really change, and I think Vick was on his path long before the NFL. It's not like VT has ever hesitated to give a future convict a scholarship, just sayin'.

I picked Manning at a glance but Id say Big Ben----can we get him next year, think hes a free agent. I woulda liked to trade 4 him and let Rex handle it for the 1st 4 games

I hope you're joking. If you're not, then I can respect your opinion, because you're a Skins fan, but NO THANKS.

I hope you're joking. If you're not, then I can respect your opinion, because you're a Skins fan, but NO THANKS.

I wasnt and thanks for respecting. If its what just transpired, hes over it. Humbled and I truely believe he wont mess up again. IMO hes the best QB from the 3 (Rivers Eli). Whats not to like from a football stance? You truely can have a franchise qb for longer

I wasnt and thanks for respecting. If its what just transpired, hes over it. Humbled and I truely believe he wont mess up again. IMO hes the best QB from the 3 (Rivers Eli). Whats not to like from a football stance? You truely can have a franchise qb for longer

It's definitely his off the field stuff. I think he's a great player, and if he really has turned the corner than great, but I didn't think his questionable lifestyle choices were a one time fluke event. Either way, Skin or not, hopefully he really has learned from the experience and will make better judgement calls in the future.

If we are picking QBs as rookies, Id take Favre all day every day. Never misses a start, has the tools to play in ANY offense, natural leader, and his career speaks for itself. Before he was "Bad Int Brett," he won 3 straight MVPs and took a largely average Packers offense to two straight super-bowls, winning one. 1994-1997 is possibly the best 4 season stretch any QB has ever put together when Brett was AVERAGING 36+ touchdowns per season.

Archived