Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You're the coach of the Redskins, which QB would you draft?

GoSkins561

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The OP actually poses a really interesting hypothetical sitaution. U can't cove all the potetial parameters in a simple poll. U have to factor in the busts throughout that era, I think. But of course, if I am Shanny and drafting with those collections of Qb's, I take Manning as he was right out of Knoxville. However, taking in to account Shannys o with Denver and past with WCO, Rogers and Stafford would be very high on the board and the more likely picks with McNabb right there too.

No one knew Brady would be what he has become. He's great, but put him in any other O and he would be a shell of himself. Effective, but not the field general he is today. That situation was a perfect combo of timing, scheme, planning and sheer dumb luck. I hate it when all these stories are spewed about how dumb the whole nFl was on passing on Todd Collins 2.0.

If I was picking an active qb to fit Shanahans scheme on offense, I would pick Drew Brees, to me he has the style to fit Shanahans play calling.

If it was a matter of picking any qb in history, to fit Shanahans style I would have to go with Fran Tarkington.

If I was to draft a qb to build a team around, I would have to go with Peyton Manning.

I think Manning is the best QB ever. Plus he doesn't look like girl

But more often than not, plays like he's wearing a skirt when the big game is on the line.

Today's league: Brady. Never gets rattled by big moments

All Time: Montana. If my life depended on one win, I want the ball in Joe Cool's hands.

BTW, Rice never joined the team until 1985 and John Taylor was drafted in 1986. Joe Montana had Dwight Clark and freakin Freddie Solomon to throw to, yet still won.

Damn kids and their lack of respect for old time ball players.............Get off my lawn!!! :ols:

If I was picking an active qb to fit Shanahans scheme on offense, I would pick Drew Brees, to me he has the style to fit Shanahans play calling.

If it was a matter of picking any qb in history, to fit Shanahans style I would have to go with Fran Tarkington.

If I was to draft a qb to build a team around, I would have to go with Peyton Manning.

Drew Brees is an interesting choice to run Shanahan's offense.

Personally i've think Drew is awesome for such a short QB his throwing motion is a thing of beauty for all short QBs.

But i view Drew as being able to maximize his talent rather then as a talented QB in the respect of talent i think Mike Vick (the current version that's actually willing to be coached and eager to learn how to play the QB position) would be perfect for Shanahan's system. (Great arm-amazing running ability).

I also think if we're looking any QB in history i would pick: Steve Young for Mike Shanahan's system, he and Shanahan had success before (although in a different system) but Young has the mobility and decent strength.

Apart from Young i would pick Warren Moon, above average mobility world class arm.

Drew Brees is an interesting choice to run Shanahan's offense.

Personally i've think Drew is awesome for such a short QB his throwing motion is a thing of beauty for all short QBs.

But i view Drew as being able to maximize his talent rather then as a talented QB in the respect of talent i think Mike Vick (the current version that's actually willing to be coached and eager to learn how to play the QB position) would be perfect for Shanahan's system. (Great arm-amazing running ability).

I also think if we're looking any QB in history i would pick: Steve Young for Mike Shanahan's system, he and Shanahan had success before (although in a different system) but Young has the mobility and decent strength.

Apart from Young i would pick Warren Moon, above average mobility world class arm.

Good points sir !!!!

My choice for Brees is made in part to what you mentioned.

Brees makes other players look better.

And concidering our WR's are pretty bad (maybe with the exception of Moss) he would increase the productitivity of our wideouts.

And duh- I forgot all about Steve Young.

i chose Tarkington because to me he was one of the best at throwing on roll outs, or on the run.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived