Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could the Bears Win Be The Turning Point of the Season?

P'Oed

That was an EXTREMELY ugly/wierd/crazy/I don't even know win. Looking at our schedule now, we have a certainly winnable game against Detroit (which will no doubt be tough, don't think for one second we can't lose), a bye and another winnable game against the Eagles at home. If we lost this thing, we'd most certainly HAVE to go on a nice 4 or 5 game rip to even have a hope of smelling the playoffs. Now we can breathe a bit easier.

We didn't see a whole lot offensively to encourage us, but could this single win be the one that gets us where we want to go?

... could this single win be the one that gets us where we want to go?

No.

D Hall having FOUR STINKIN' INTS won us that game. Cutler doing his best J. Russell impersonation won us that game. We showed that our flaws are still our flaws, they haven't improved at all (except the running game late)...This win helps, no doubt, but I can't for the life of me see this particular game leading to anything other than one more win in the "W" column. And honestly, that's more than enough right now.

I agree with Cali, this will change nothing. We just don't have enough talent yet to put teams away. NT, Oline, LB's to just name a few needs.

Also, McNabb is just not getting it done IMHO. He has looked like an average NFL QB at best. Almost disappointing.

We have 9 more games just like today coming up, hopefully, I say hopefully because we can still lay an egg.

No.

D Hall having FOUR STINKIN' INTS won us that game. Cutler doing his best J. Russell impersonation won us that game. We showed that our flaws are still our flaws, they haven't improved at all (except the running game late)...This win helps, no doubt, but I can't for the life of me see this particular game leading to anything other than one more win in the "W" column. And honestly, that's more than enough right now.

I think that if the Bears challenge that Cutler fumble, which was a TD, we don't win that game. We got a huge, HUGE, break there.

What corner are we trying to turn??? You guys are making it seem like we got off to a horrible start.

So youre saying we've gotten off to a great one? I don't get it. We've been completely mediocre. THAT'S the corner we're trying to turn.

So youre saying we've gotten off to a great one? I don't get it. We've been completely mediocre. THAT'S the corner we're trying to turn.

Well if thats the case then I should ask the same question, because we was mediocre this game as well. After watching the Colts game I thought we were one of the best teams in the NFC. I didn't need to see anymore games to prove my theory.

Well I think that it is a turning point as far as Haynesworth really helping out the D. I really liked his attitude today. Hopefully he takes more of a leadership role in the future. The running game showed much improvement as well. That said, we need to run more.

This game wasn't a turning point in the season and there probably won't be one, but it is nice to already have 4 wins in week 7 when it took the 'Skins until week 14 last year to get 4 wins. We probably won't be winning the Super Bowl, but the team is winning those games it would have lost in the past, and that improvement is nice to see. They'll just have to keep going out week after week and fighting for ol' DC. At least it is exciting!

In the last 33 years, we've gone 5-3 or better in our first 8 every year we've gone to the playoffs, Further, only 5 times have we been 5-3 or better and not gone to the playoffs. I'd say based on history, beating Detroit is the most important thing right now. Also, if we sweep the Giants, we will almost certainly get to the SB.

I totally agree....I feel next weeks game against Detroit is the single most important game this first 8 weeks....it will give us a 5-3 record going into games against a tough Tennessee and Minnesota team.....we will need the win against Detroit to propel us into the bye week and have a cushion for the tough three game stretch after the bye week

Archived