Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: To cut down on flags in games, Cowboys use officials at practice

Sanders 83

Ur so smart Wade... I bet they are only the only team that does this... lol

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/22/to-cut-down-on-flags-in-games-cowboys-use-officials-at-practice/

So what happens if a flag is thrown in practice?

"We make the team run the play again," Phillips said, per Nick Eatman of the team's official website. "No matter what happened on the play, we run the play again. It's a time thing. You're going to be out there so long, but if you get a penalty, you're going to be out there longer. I think [the players] relate to that."

Phillips also said the officials were asked to focus on certain areas during practice, but Phillips didn't specify those areas.

:dallasuck:dallasuck

So what happens if a flag is thrown in practice?

"We make the players practice looking incredulous and baffled," Phillips said, per Nick Eatman of the team's official website. "No matter what happened on the play, we make them act like they're totally innocent. It's a pretend thing. You're going to be out there losing, but if you get a penalty, you might as well act like the loss is the ref's fault instead. I think [the Cowboys fans] can relate to that."

Phillips also said the officials were also asked to practice saying "I've got to get my head into the game", but Phillips didn't specify who they would be saying it to.

Yeah, I can see all of that :yes:...

"We make the team run the play again," Phillips said, per Nick Eatman of the team's official website. "No matter what happened on the play, we run the play again. It's a time thing. You're going to be out there so long, but if you get a penalty, you're going to be out there longer. I think [the players] relate to that."
Did they ever get to the second play?

"Phillips also said the officials were asked to focus on certain areas during practice, but Phillips didn't specify those areas."

Probably had the directors of Glee and Dancing with the stars there to design a post-touchdown celebration. The officials were asked to focus on whether or not it would be flagged.

Did they ever get to the second play?

I almost spit my coffee on my monitor, thanks guy

Yeah, lets just find another scapegoat instead of pointing out the real problem. Disciple. Guess who that falls under? That's right Pillsbury Dough boy....that would be YOU!

lol, discipline? sorry, just found it funny

They only brought refs in because Wade is so unconvincing in his whiny dance and complain at the refs routine that it's been costing them.

So now, we'll see what a REAL coach looks like when he wants to ***** about a call. We'll also see no celebrating after TDs, which 1-4 teams shouldn't be doing anyway, and next week we'll see Wade bringing in speech writers to clean up his "why do the refs keep callin' penalties on us, I don't get it, those dummies" and turn it into, "well, a couple calls can change the outcome of a game, we just gotta keep believing we can win and work hard" which will then be followed by, "well **** I don't know what the problem is but those dumb ******* receivers better figure out they need to keep their *** **** hands to themselves and head to the sidelines before they begin dancing and throwing up horns".

The reason that last comment will actually sound like someone who's in charge of the team is because Wade will probably get axed and that will be the NEW coach speaking.

Give him props for at least trying to fix a problem. This is big news in Dallas. They usually just sweep it under the rug and try to move forward.

Agreed. However...

I thought it was a normal thing to have officials of some sort at the practices

Me too.

Archived