Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Here Has Ever Blown A Pay Check?

blue collar

I take it the OP means when you couldn't afford to but do it anyway. Did it once in my twenties. Lived in LA and went (with one of my friends that had moved there from NM too) to Santa Anita. Never been to the track before that. I only gambled about 30 dollars BUT I hit a trifecta for $350 on a $2 ticket. I liked that a lot. $350 was more than I took home in a week back then.

Fast forward to the next (payday) weekend and I was back at Santa Anita, by myself, trying to catch that feeling again. One whole paycheck later I limped home broke. The next two weeks were without a tv since I had to go hock it to eat. Learned my lesson and never did it again except when I could afford to.

I did with my very first legit pay check after college. They say its good luck

I got a suit, a 60 inch tv which was on sale that I still have, and I went to eat at some fancy restaurant that gave me a small piece of steak for 60 dollars. (I even asked the waiter..."Is this it??")

• 3 weeks later...

Yea...not since I was about 18-19....There was a time where, under certain circumstances, my car was towed and impounded. I had to drop my entire paycheck to get it out (they held it for 30 days), because the amount was so high. That was the beginning of the end of my good credit...lol.

No...I'm too anal about my money. I like having lots of $$$$ in my account. Most I've spent at a time on fun stuff was when I bought my tv, but I saved way more than needed for that.

Not to say I haven't ever blown money that I shouldn't have...I do that regularly on alcohol/cigs/football tickets etc instead of groceries or gas money but just never a whole paycheck.

Archived