Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Are Who We Thought We Were!!!

B&GPride44

After six games guys...We are exactly that...Most Skins' fans would have looked at our schedule preseason and said hell yeah I'll take 3-3 after 6 weeks. Fact is, most teams are more talented than we are and for the most part we are a superiorly coached/disciplined team. We play hard, hit hard and keep it close and give 5 a chance to win it for us at the end. Thing is he just doesn't have the horses to help him on the outside. Last night we ran into a team with a better coach on the field in Manning than most teams have on the sidelines and he ran that offense at a blistering pace. Our Defense was gassed, yet made plays when they had to and scrapped the whole way through. We gave them a few freebies defensively too that could have made a big difference...see Rogers and Moore! At the end of the day, the loss stung as they all do, but after 6 weeks we are who we thought we'd be...A team that is gonna have a chance in most every game and fight you for 60 minutes and punch you in the mouth when you drop your guard...On to the next one...We are gonna roll those Bears this week!

The disappoint about last night isn't that we lost to Manning's COlts, its how we lost I think.

:wtf: We lost by playing our butts off to a good team that was in the Superbowl last year with arguably the best QB in the league.... What's there so disappointing about not getting blown out like the 'skins teams of the past?

Last night we gave ourselves a few chances to win the game and came up empty handed. The fact of the matter is that the Colts were in the Super Bowl last year and have remained largely the same team. This team was 4-12 and took it to them.. hard.

We can look at the man handling the gave the Giants and compare this game very favorably. This team will win the division this year, mark it.

:wtf: We lost by playing our butts off to a good team that was in the Superbowl last year with arguably the best QB in the league.... What's there so disappointing about not getting blown out like the 'skins teams of the past?

I'm not too disappointed in the loss last night, as I wasn't expecting the game to be that close. It is the fact that we had multiple chances to either tie or actually win that game and couldn't do it. The Colts could have hung 40+ on us, but we generated some fumbles and they missed some FG's. I just disappointed that we didn't take advantage of the chance and win this game. I will however, take 3-3 through six games.

I like McNabb, but is just a good NFL QB at best. He is not top five and never will be.

What you're missing is that he was a top 5 QB and has really only lost some of his mobility. I'd call him top 10 and for the Redskins of the 21st century that's a major upgrade. Major. Upgrade.

Last night we gave ourselves a few chances to win the game and came up empty handed. The fact of the matter is that the Colts were in the Super Bowl last year and have remained largely the same team. This team was 4-12 and took it to them.. hard.

We can look at the man handling the gave the Giants and compare this game very favorably. This team will win the division this year, mark it.

I like the direction the Skins are headed, but it's a bit early to make that claim. The Giants look much more put together now than they did when they played the Colts.

What you're missing is that he was a top 5 QB and has really only lost some of his mobility. I'd call him top 10 and for the Redskins of the 21st century that's a major upgrade. Major. Upgrade.

Best we've seen around these parts since the Eagles last boneheaded move to trade us a QB IMHO.

As to the OP, I had us down as being 4-2 at this stage, with the 2 being back-to-back loses to the Packers and Colts. (Although I fancied us over the Packers the week of the game.). So on that basis, I guess we're under-achieving already, lol. Couldn't agree more though about the lack of talent and superior coaching/discipline bringing this around.

Hail.

Agreed.

Ask yourself -- is there anyone on our team as good as Peyton Manning?

No -- okay, do we have anyone as good as Reggie Wayne?

Hmm -- how about Dwight Freeney. Do we have anyone as good as him?

No. And when one team has the three best players, they're likely to win -- especially when one of those players is a QB and another is a pass rusher.

While I'm sick of watching us give up a gusher of yards every darned week, and I'm anxious to see our offense finally click for 60 minutes, the fact is this team doesn't have enough good players.

I'm encouraged seeing young guys fight their way onto the roster and help us, Alexander, Armstrong, Banks, Williams, Torrain.

But you can only have so many role players. You need a couple superstars and a bunch more high quality athletes.

We're 3-3. Two of our losses are to AFC teams. We're in the mix for our division.

And we've got a HUGE game coming up.

This time last year we'd already flatlined.

I am pleased with where the Skins are at this current rate the Skins will probably be in the 7-9 to 9-7 range. HUGE improvement over last year. This team is not the best in the league but is competitive and has fight, which it did not last year. I think a lot of the change in mentatility is change in direction and leadership. The Skins have been in every game this year but the Rams game and competing is the first step to victory. A lot to work on but the Skins are going in the right direction.

I have no problem with this loss. I have a problem with the Rams and Texans.

Considering that both of those teams are lloking better than anyone thought they would be. The Texans are ahead of the colts and the Rams are in the running for their division, I would argue that those losses aren't as bad as some make them out to be.

Yes we could have and probably should have won. But they aren't exactly crappy teams and we are steadily improving from the 4 win team we were last year.

His entire career, he's only been in the top 5 (QB rating) only twice. He is what he is. McNabb can be really really good, or really really bad. He is a huge upgrade over JC, so lets just get that out of the way. Yesterday, had JC been given the same situation, you knew there was 0% chance he was winning that game. With McNabb, that chance is there to win the game, it just depends on which one shows up for the game.

Let's not drink the coolaid too soon. With our current D allowing 400 to 500 yards a game, we are not going to win the division for sure.

The disappoint about last night isn't that we lost to Manning's COlts, its how we lost I think.

Yeah totally. I hate when the Skins lose hard-fought games where they are in it until the very last offensive play.

I prefer when the Skins get blown out, the game is over by the 3rd quarter, and they look like complete bush-leaguers from play 1. Something like the Rams game is a lot better than this Colts loss.

I'm not too disappointed in the loss last night' date=' as I wasn't expecting the game to be that close. It is the fact that we had multiple chances to either tie or actually win that game and couldn't do it. The Colts could have hung 40+ on us, but we generated some fumbles and they missed some FG's. I just disappointed that we didn't take advantage of the chance and win this game. I will however, take 3-3 through six games.[/quote']

Just the fact thatg we had those chances is a testament to how good our team is. And if we were to pull it out and beat the colts, indy would be talkin bout how many chances they had to win the game. Thats what happens when you have two good teams play each other...both teams have chances to win, and only one does. What this loss showed me, is that we can at least hang with, if not beat, any of the teams in this league. We play hard all the time and Coach Shanahan always has us prepared. This is one of those losses where we'll probably move up in the power rankings just based on how we played as a team. Trust my guys, this team is much better then the ones we've had in the past.

Let's not drink the coolaid too soon. With our current D allowing 400 to 500 yards a game, we are not going to win the division for sure.

If you do not believe in yourself why should anyone else?

I drink the Koolaide because I'm a fan... That is the point. I do however still believe we are going to win the division. No team is better than us so far... The Eagles have had a cream puff schedule.. The Giants are only started looking at least competitive and the Cowturds laid an egg already.

Yeah totally. I hate when the Skins lose hard-fought games where they are in it until the very last offensive play.

I prefer when the Skins get blown out, the game is over by the 3rd quarter, and they look like complete bush-leaguers from play 1. Something like the Rams game is a lot better than this Colts loss.

are you serious dude? so you'd rather us just look like **** then play a top team tough? you're dumb, you make zero sense

We're the same. No matter where we go, it's always us. Let me suggest that we take a vacation from ourselves.

And bring the farm and get after some of these QB's. Press man and blitz. We sat back on Bradford and Manning and we got torched pretty good.

/total recall fan

Archived