Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

You've got to get Drummond a one on one big man coach. Otherwise you're not getting the most from your investment. It doesn't have to be a big name like Kareem, just someone who is good.

Kareem is an entitled *******. I sincerely doubt he's responsible for the development of Bynum. I'd wager there was a few actual big man coaches that did the heavy lifting.

Kareem is an entitled *******. I sincerely doubt he's responsible for the development of Bynum. I'd wager there was a few actual big man coaches that did the heavy lifting.

Kareem might be entitled but he is indeed credited for the development of Bynum.

He was brought in specifically to work with Andrew.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Kareem might be entitled but he is indeed credited for the development of Bynum.

He was brought in specifically to work with Andrew.

I'm saying that I don't believe he put in long hours. I'm sure he spoke with him and gave him a few pointers.

why is Kareem entitled?

he had arguably had the greatest basketball career ever. If anything, he is under-appreciated.

I've been professionally involved with events he's participated in. He's a nightmare to deal with.

Edited by Destino

I've been professionally involved with events he's participated in. He's a nightmare to deal with.

got ya. Are other athletes that have been at that level like that?

I wonder if how under-appreciated he is tho makes him that way. The other thing that probably annoys him is that he is an intelligent and well-read guy who has to deal with people who ask him questions like he is an idiot athlete.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

I'm saying that I don't believe he put in long hours. I'm sure he spoke with him and gave him a few pointers.

I don't see how that could be the case when he was the official Lakers big man coach as well as being an assistant coach in general.

Traveled on the road with the team etc.

If we can look at realistic options of getting another 1st, not in the lottery since it's not happening, I'd be real happy with getting Beal with the 3rd and Andrew Nicholson(PF) in the late 1st. Then in the second, Jae Crowder or Draymond Green with a Euro Stash with the other 2nd. I'd be so pumped for the future.

Man just really want Beal and PJ3

I know a lot of you don't like PJ3 but he is 6-11 and shot 50% from the field with a lot of jumpshots, the guy is going to be a monster to deal with match-up wise, he can play the 3 or 4 imo

I mean the court could see so many big sets

Nene/Booker/PJ3/Beal/Wall

or

Nene/Vesely/PJ3/Beal/Wall

You get the picture, I know pipe dream but I would love it

I know a lot of you don't like PJ3 but he is 6-11 and shot 50% from the field with a lot of jumpshots, the guy is going to be a monster to deal with match-up wise, he can play the 3 or 4 imo

Mike Schmitz's breakdown said PJ3 only took just over 3 jump shots per game this past season and was only like 36% on them. He might have uncommon range for a 20 year old 6'11 player, but it's not a significant part of his arsenal.

I understand the appeal with PJIII. I was on his bandwagon for much of last season. It's crazy how fast and explosive he is at his height. He's the second most athletically gifted player in the class no doubt. It's also fun to see a seven footer with his handles, crossing guys over and using a variety of hesitation moves.

But that's about all that he's got going for him if you think about it. I think Mike Schmitz makes a great point that he's got no go to offense to where he can consistently put points on the board. He also lacks the mentality to go out there and score and take the offense over for stretches. He doesn't rebound. He even said himself that his motor was his biggest weakness.

I had high hope for him but I don't see him turning it around when things actually get harder in the NBA. To me he's just another Anthony Randolph. He's a tin man, and on top of that, he has no true NBA position. Much better prospects than him--that were like him--have failed (Michael Beasley).

---------- Post added June-12th-2012 at 06:49 AM ----------

Two things I don't want from this draft are a perimeter player with bad BBall IQ & a finesse big with motor problems. That's why I'm not crazy about PJIII or Dion Waiters.

---------- Post added June-12th-2012 at 07:16 AM ----------

Anyone catch Andre Drummond's combine interview on DX?

He's not a great interview, but he surprised me. Looks like he's got a bit of a playful demeanor. One thing that I really liked though was the way he reacted and responded to the question about whether he was afraid of the NBA bigs or not. He said he wasn't and there was no hesitation whatsoever. He even cracked a joke about it. Basically, he came off as completely unintimidated and aware that he'll still be able to shove around NBA bigs and dominate them with his size. I like that the physical aspect of his position in the NBA doesn't worry him at all because it suggests to me that in his own mind, the next level isn't too big for him.

Still seemed super young though. But I think he's got the makings of a player in the right situation.

I didn't really like Harrison Barnes's interview on DX. Seemed a little fake/tense. Maybe he was just tired or who knows what could have been going on. I did like that he came off a little like he had a chip on his shoulder. I like seeing that edge.

Drummond still scares me. People in this thread have totally flipped on him. He was considered McGee version 2, and a bunch of other stuff, now people want him? If we get him, I just hope we don't lose out. Honestly, I wouldn't be mad, but with our draft history, I'm much more in favor of taking as close to a sure thing as possible. I'm in favor of MKG mainly because of his hustle. I think Barnes will become a good player and he actually may fit in betterthan MKG, but I just don't like him as much (and not as much as I did last year). Robinson is another guy I like, but I think his upside is not as high as MKG.

Drummond still scares me. People in this thread have totally flipped on him. He was considered McGee version 2, and a bunch of other stuff, now people want him? If we get him, I just hope we don't lose out. Honestly, I wouldn't be mad, but with our draft history, I'm much more in favor of taking as close to a sure thing as possible. I'm in favor of MKG mainly because of his hustle. I think Barnes will become a good player and he actually may fit in betterthan MKG, but I just don't like him as much (and not as much as I did last year). Robinson is another guy I like, but I think his upside is not as high as MKG.

Haven't heard the McGee 2.0 thing. I mean there's a reason McGee went 18th and Drummond is the potential #2 overall pick.

Haven't heard the McGee 2.0 thing. I mean there's a reason McGee went 18th and Drummond is the potential #2 overall pick.

About fifty some odd pounds of difference. Drummond is so much bigger and stronger as an 18 year old than McGee can ever be. Their frames are very different.

I think he was more comparing the two mentally. I don't know if that comparison is fair. McGee is a goofy clown. Drummond seems like a nice kid, more serious than McGee. He hasn't been a frequent source for embarrassment on the court.

---------- Post added June-12th-2012 at 10:04 AM ----------

You might be right that Barnes is a better fit than MKG. But I'm with you, you can't take Barnes over MKG. MKG is just a winner at every level he's ever played at. Kind of like Sully, only even more successful.

You can't put an objective value on that quality.

He's also got a lot of tangible skills too. Great on court awareness. Knows how to play off the ball but also has great passing skills. He can thrive without being ball dominant and needing a lot of touches. He plays great defense. Is one of the best transition finishers in the class but can also pass and facilitate transition offense too. Great rebounder. There's a lot to like that he already does. Then when you factor in he's the youngest player in the class, the upside seems impressive.

---------- Post added June-12th-2012 at 10:06 AM ----------

I saw a comparison of MKG with Iggy and I could see that. I think he could be better than Iggy though.

Damn Barnes with a 39.5 vertical. He is gonna be the one teams regret not picking been nitpicked way to much from the hype. Put up good numbers both years in under 30mpg.

Beal 39" vertical

Mkg-35.5"

Damn those are some good numbers. I think Beal surprised some folks with his hops. 39 is a lot more than I expected and I'd been saying his athleticism is underrated.

Damn those are some good numbers. I think Beal surprised some folks with his hops. 39 is a lot more than I expected and I'd been saying his athleticism is underrated.

Go over to Dx all results are posted.

Barnes had a freakish standing vertical and the fastest 3/4 court sprint.

Mkg did 6 reps

Someone posted a WoJo tweet from last year when Barnes was matched up with Durant the scout said thats your #1 pick. But times change and people look for reason to knock a overhyped guy like Barnes down.

About fifty some odd pounds of difference. Drummond is so much bigger and stronger as an 18 year old than McGee can ever be. Their frames are very different.

I think he was more comparing the two mentally. I don't know if that comparison is fair. McGee is a goofy clown. Drummond seems like a nice kid, more serious than McGee. He hasn't been a frequent source for embarrassment on the court.

Pretty much, but I also watched your progression on Drummond. Back in December, you were almost hating him, and now he's your #2 behind Davis, so really he's probably your number 1? I mean, I see the frame and stuff and the potential, but I'm still skeptical. I'm not making the decision though and I've seen some mock drafts that have him going to Charlotte. Thats what I'd ultimately like cause I don't really want him. I mean, no disrespect but I'm tired of projects on my team.

I just hope that MKG (if we get him) can develop his J and that we can get some outside shooters in FA and the second round.

If MKG has been playing basketball his whole life and his shot is THAT ugly, I don't have too much hope. I mean Rondo and Wall can't shoot well, but their form is decent. MKG is just horrid. So yes, he can learn to shoot and learn to get better, but it'll be an issue for his entire career.