Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

Is there a worse contract than a super max that hasn't even started yet owned by a player that it is already out for the following season with a torn achilles, which he received after repeated knee injuries?  That's close to a worst case scenario. 

I've said it before, but I fault EG for 99.9% of the things gone wrong with the Wizards over the past 15+ years...that .1% that I don't, is the contract he offered Wall.  There isn't a GM on the planet who wouldn't have done the same.  It is what it is at this point, but I'm not concerned with it.  The rebuild should start as soon as the new GM is announced.  As much as I love what Beal has grown in to, he needs to be moved.  He can bring in an amazing return that can net young assets and probably a pick or two.  Exactly what's needed from this team at this juncture. 

Also, with this team going nowhere anytime soon, why not make a calculated risk and hire Pops Mesah Bonsu?  Weaver, Shep, and Ferry all have their warts.  I'd love to see Pops get an interview.  What's the worst that can happen?  Might have a diamond in the rough. 

19 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

My gut tells me that Ted is floating the names of Ferry, Shep, and Weaver out there with NO intention of hiring any of them.  He wants to gauge fan reaction.  I think the hire will be someone no one really considered. 

giphy.gif

me when Ed Tapscott walks through that door

• Haha 7

18 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

So since Beal didn't made the cut (this year) he's not eligible for a four-year supermax extension.    

doesn't make it any more likely that he wants to stay, but it definitely saves the Wizards some money either way

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

and get rid of writers voting for the teams

some idiot gave a 2nd team vote Wade and 3rd team vote for Marvin Bagley

That's awful.  How about instead of cutting the media out take away voting privileges for anyone who does something stupid like that?

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2019 at 9:06 PM, volsmet said:

It’s still hard to believe how bad last years draft was, move up a spot to get a Porter & trade a bag of chips to get Robinson. Or, #WeekendAtErinies

Cam Reddish will crush the combine junk, he’ll go before 9 imo.

Looks like he’s a lock to go top 7, unfortunately.

On 5/23/2019 at 4:56 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

That's awful.  How about instead of cutting the media out take away voting privileges for anyone who does something stupid like that?

Because the media is so often full of ****.  

On 5/23/2019 at 4:56 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

What dawned on me (after I saw it tweeted) that these votes affect player salaries.  Media should NEVER have the ability to dictate what players potentially earn. 

Ok...here's what I think is going to happen with the Wizards as far as the GM search. 

It's going to be either Pops Mensah Bonsu or Shep. 

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

What was it, three years ago we swept the Raptors?

Now they're in the Finals and we're in the lottery again.

And made the VERY bold move of trading Derozon for a potential rental in Kawhi. 

Wizards would rather keep things status-quo and win 40-45 games. 

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm not buying back in if either of them are the ones who get the job.  Mensah Bonsu doesn't make sense for the job.  Too young and virtually no NBA experience.

How much sense did Elton Brand make at the time for the 76ers?  MB would be an outside the box hire for sure, but at this point.....

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

As we've waited this long, we might as well wait til the finals are over and take a swing for Masai

I just looked and saw Ujiri makes 3 mil per year....Ted HAS to come north of 5 mil per season.  Make him the highest paid GM by far. 

8 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

How much sense did Elton Brand make at the time for the 76ers?  MB would be an outside the box hire for sure, but at this point.....

I don't think Brand has done a good job though.  In general, I think front office experience matters for doing the job well.  Specifically, experience as a scout.  But executive experience is big too.  As is experience working in a successful and competitive organization with a good culture.

I'm pretty sure we have to go outside this organization to get a good culture builder.