Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

@GS (avg 103.5 PPG - 11th) > held to 85

OKC (avg 105.4 PPG - 4th) > held to 81

POR (avg 108.3 PPG - 1st) > held to 90

And we didn't score more then 100 points in any of these three games. Damn good feeling being over .500 (you can tell the survivors in this thread thru hell and high water). The way this team is playing defense to make up for not having a cast of dominant offensive players is what keeps this from feeling like fools gold to me.

Team is definently overacheiving now, but last monkey on the back is probably consistency against teams they should beat (don't **** this up and go lose to Orlando or something in 3 weeks). Interesting playing the Spurs, because that loss was what really pissed this team off in the first place this season.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

When this western conference portion of the schedule began we were all doom and gloom. Beat the Suns, Warriors, Thunder, and Trail Blazers. Lost to the a Clippers and, unfortunately, the Jazz. No one would have predicted 4-2 from that schedule. Now we just have to beat the team that tends to completely own the Wizards, the damn Spurs. I usually make it a rule to find a reason to miss the Spurs Wizards games but I might have to watch this one.

I will regret it but I feel good right now.

Talking to league insiders, I'm hearing these names are being mentioned in trade talks within league circles (a lot of talk right now) ...

A. Afflalo, T. Ariza, C. Singleton, G. Davis, R. Evans, P. Gasol, T. Gibson, C. Landry, G. Monroe, A. Rivers, T. Sefolosha and G. Vasquez.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I don't even know if the salaries would work OR if this even makes sense for the Wizards...but do any of you think the Bulls would be willing to part with Noah in a package for Gortat/Ariza? 

That is a really interesting idea...or are the Bulls planning to build around Rose/Noah/Butler?

Man, if we lose to the Jazz today, it could get ugly. The next five games after as against arguably 5 of the top 7 teams in the league. (@Clippers, @Warriors, Thunder, Blazers, and Spurs ) In these next six games, if we could go 3-3, I would be very pleased....

Well, we're sitting at 3-2 right now. If we win tonight, I would probably pull a Gus Frerotte...

I don't even know if the salaries would work OR if this even makes sense for the Wizards...but do any of you think the Bulls would be willing to part with Noah in a package for Gortat/Ariza?

Hmm, sounds interesting. I like Gortat, but Noah would bring that fire that trans hate to go against...

That is a really interesting idea...or are the Bulls planning to build around Rose/Noah/Butler?

Well, we're sitting at 3-2 right now. If we win tonight, I would probably pull a Gus Frerotte...

Hmm, sounds interesting. I like Gortat, but Noah would bring that fire that trans hate to go against...

I guess the only caveat to the deal is that Noah is going to make a ton of money for the next 2-3 season (14 mil per).  That coupled with what Nene's owed will almost certainly hinder the Wizards cap flexibility going forwad.  I would LOVE to have him on this squad.  He's great defensively and has a crazy motor.  He's a huge upgrade over Gortat.  I guess it all depends on what direction the Bulls want to go in....if the tank is really going to happen, maybe it's something worth exploring.