Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You guys are worse than WFT fans.  ****, one game and your hopes are through the roof.  

Next week is a tough run of games. I hope we don't collectively go right into misery again if it doesn't go well. Pacers tomorrow night will certainly be a better litmus test than Toronto was. 

46 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Next week is a tough run of games. I hope we don't collectively go right into misery again if it doesn't go well. Pacers tomorrow night will certainly be a better litmus test than Toronto was. 

It’s a long season and this team isn’t a contender, all I’m looking for is team defense at this point.  The offense is new and the team added a ton of players that don’t know each other yet.  They’re going to struggle on that end at times and lose some games.  I’m ok with that.  I just want to see consistent hustle on the defensive end while they figure it all out. 

• Like 2

If they can play D, I fully expect this team to win more games than it loses.  I am not expecting a top 5 team, but I think they can surprise some teams.  I think it comes down to can we buy into a team D.  Doing so will mean beating decades of cultural habits.

19 minutes ago, Destino said:

It’s a long season and this team isn’t a contender, all I’m looking for is team defense at this point.  The offense is new and the team added a ton of players that don’t know each other yet.  They’re going to struggle on that end at times and lose some games.  I’m ok with that.  I just want to see consistent hustle on the defensive end while they figure it all out. 

Obviously we're only a few preseason games and regular season game, but how do you feel about our overall defense so far? Have you seen any improvement from last season so far? I think I see a big difference in our overall defense so far. Feels like we are way more aggressive as a unit so far. But I'm not sure if it's just me......

13 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Obviously we're only a few preseason games and regular season game, but how do you feel about our overall defense so far? Have you seen any improvement from last season so far? I think I see a big difference in our overall defense so far. Feels like we are way more aggressive as a unit so far. But I'm not sure if it's just me......

Small sample size, but they’re not lost on defense like they were under Brooks and they aren’t giving up open threes as easily.  Some guys will inevitably get open looks, but the wizards were making them work to make that happen.  We’ll see though, because sometimes player try for a while and then fall right back to bad habits.  

• Thanks 1

After one game, I would predict the Wizards are more likely to make a finals appearance in the next ten years than the WFT is to play in the super bowl in that time.  That's no gimme bet either as the Wizards have been bad since they last won in 1978.  They have been bad even longer than the Skins...

One advantage of having a deep roster that needs minutes, those who don’t buy in to playing defense can sit.  I’m not talking about a guy like Beal, who will play regardless, but people who are competing for playing time will need to buy in.  Hell, Bertans was really getting after it on that side.  I think the effort will be there and hopefully that’ll translate to success.

• Like 2

We all know our cloud will drop a lot of rain on us with holes for us all to come tumbling out for a long fall, but let us have our fun.  I mean after all, the view is fine and the fall can be fun. 

It's only the landing that hurts.

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

One advantage of having a deep roster that needs minutes, those who don’t buy in to playing defense can sit.  I’m not talking about a guy like Beal, who will play regardless, but people who are competing for playing time will need to buy in.  Hell, Bertans was really getting after it on that side.  I think the effort will be there and hopefully that’ll translate to success.

This is a good point.  Other than Beal, everyone on the floor is competing for minutes with guys plenty good enough to get some burn.  It’s strap up or sit down.  That’s a wonderful situation for a coach that preaches defense.  

• Like 1