Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

How do NBA rosters work?  Is the roster size set at 15?  NBA.com has 17 players listed.  At least Ayayi and Winston are on two-way contracts.  (Not sure about Todd).  And Bryant is out until December.  Does he count as being on the roster currently?  Is there a limit on how many players they can dress?

8 hours ago, Ball Security said:

How do NBA rosters work?  Is the roster size set at 15?  NBA.com has 17 players listed.  At least Ayayi and Winston are on two-way contracts.  (Not sure about Todd).  And Bryant is out until December.  Does he count as being on the roster currently?  Is there a limit on how many players they can dress?

15 active players.  So some of these guys will be in the d league or cut.

I think the wizards need to get rid of Bertans.  He no longer fits.  

Dinwiddie Neto

Beal Pope

Kuzma Pope Kispert

Rui Harrell

Gafford Bryant 

Obviously that’s not everyone, but it’s everyone that we want on the floor when the games count.  Thats not a bad roster.  Lots of guys that can play with plenty of experience.  If they can stay healthy they might win a playoff series if the new coach improves the defense.  

big if.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 12:46 AM, Destino said:

Signing a young promising athletic center early to avoid needing to overpay later?  That deal is as far from Grunfeld as it gets.  

I'm no Shep fan, but this is by far his best move. 

39 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

So happy to have Davis Bertans back in my life!

yesst.gif

• Haha 2

You guys see that Gafford play?  Whoever that was thought he lost him, crowd gasped a bit, and Gafford recovered and wiped out that shot attempt entirely.  That’s why he got the contract extension right there.  We don’t have another player that can do that.  

• Like 2

So they’re running a motion offense?  Haven’t seen any guard heavy plays yet.  They’re going to have to clean it up, I like the passing but they’ve turned it over a bunch.  

edit.  Bertans is playing defense?  where am I?  

• Haha 1