Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

i could be wrong, but I think you have to use the amnesty this year before the season or you lose it. I don't think you can keep it for years to come.

I don't think that's right. I believe it CAN be used in future years, but its a one time thing. So teams aren't so hot to use it right away with a short season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/33711/josh-howard-set-to-make-visits-this-week

Josh Howard set to make visits this week

Free agent Josh Howard will visit four teams this week, beginning on Tuesday, according to a person close to the situation. The veteran small forward will visit Chicago, Washington, New Jersey and San Antonio.

Howard, 31, has been hampered by left knee injuries the past two seasons and played only 18 games for Washington last season. But after undergoing platelet rich plasma treatment in March, Howard appears to be in solid health.

Interested teams believe his versatility, savvy and toughness would improve their ball clubs.

Howard, who has averaged 15 points and 6 rebounds over his eight-year career, averaged career lows of 8.4 points and 4.1 rebounds last season.

There's really no point in bringing Howard back....unless you assume this is a potential playoff team?

If Wall takes a monumental leap, it is possible.

Either way, I think he is a nice veteran presence on the team. Either Vesley or Singleton can take over his spot by the end of the year.

Personally, I would like to re-sign Maurice Evans.

Mo Evans is an ok backup. I'd like him back as well.

I just remembered that Rashard Lewis is still with this team. Actually, count me out as wanting Josh Howard back. I was going with the assumption that Vesley and Singleton would be getting the minutes at SF. We will most likely get poor offensive production from them. Howard would have given us a nice offensive option to pair with Wall at the SF spot, but with Lewis on the team, that's not necessary.

Edited by No Excuses

I would bring back Howard on a one year deal. I like him. He's a feisty SOB. Much needed toughness that we don't get from pansies like Blatche and McGee.

Realistically we are not a playoff team. Is it possible? Of course. But highly unlikely. This team has already started focusing on the future, as evidenced by its emphasis on drafting and playing young players. With this in mind then, I would not support bringing Howard back. He would take away minutes from guys like Jan and Chris, which would affect their growth and ultimately harm the team in the long run.

Just saw your new post regarding Rashard. I fully agree with you. We are already full of options at the SF position, including a guy like Book who absolutely deserves minutes. While Howard is a savy veteran who would potentially bring leadership to the team, it is more important for us to develop the young talent we have by letting them play more.

Saw on the ticker that the Lakers want to trade for Chris Paul and Dwight Howard. This after Paul was going to the Celtics. Yep, looks like the new CBA changed for the better...oops. Sorry. Same teams, same thing. Really? The Celtics and Lakers want 2 of the best players? Wasn't this new deal supposed to even the playing field? BULL****! That's why I hate the NBA.

Saw on the ticker that the Lakers want to trade for Chris Paul and Dwight Howard. This after Paul was going to the Celtics. Yep, looks like the new CBA changed for the better...oops. Sorry. Same teams, same thing. Really? The Celtics and Lakers want 2 of the best players? Wasn't this new deal supposed to even the playing field? BULL****! That's why I hate the NBA.

Wrong thread. You meant to post in the NBA thread.

Sorry Gents, I am a tad bit older than all of you. I have told this stpry many times. Ugh.

And Caron is an average player. Or a good player on a otherwise crappy team. However you want to look at it, he has never been anything special.

I'd like to know how old you are since you don't list your age. My first season of watchng the Bullets was in the 1976-77 season. The year before they won their only title. Magic and Bird were still in college. It would be interesting to see what year you "honestly" became a Lakers fan. I doubt many non living in LA fans like I doubt any non living in Boston or Chicago fans. All bandwagoners.

---------- Post added December-6th-2011 at 10:32 AM ----------

It affects my team when the rich keep getting richer, so I can talk about it anywhere I want.

Once Paul finds his way to the Knicks the eastern conference will be dominated by three headed monsters. The Bulls should be trying to find a way, anyway, of luring Howard to Chicago. They are going to have a tough time dealing with Anthony/Stoudemire/Paul and James/Wade/Bosh for the foreseeable future. That's a tough background for the wizards to find success in.

Edited by Destino

I was on the court at halftime of a Bullets game in 79. I was in third grade. I never liked the team. I am 40.

Search my history for the rest of the story starting with my family if you need.

I was a Military kid, my brother is a Packers fan, a Kings fan (basketball), and an Orioles fan. He is 32. I was fortunate to not live in all of those areas as a kid since my Dad was at the Pentagon for a while. When I went to college they had to move. My Dad was in LA at one point when I was a kid and took me to a few games. I was sold. At that point I had never been to a Bullets game. My mom was a huge fan of Magic and we watched all of those games that were shown in DC at the time. It was indeed before Showtime was even considered.

Once Paul finds his way to the Knicks the eastern conference will be dominated by three headed monsters. The Bulls should be trying to find a way, anyway, of luring Howard to Chicago. They are going to have a tough time dealing with Anthony/Stoudemire/Paul and James/Wade/Bosh for the foreseeable future. That's a tough background for the wizards to find success in.

I think he is more likely to end up on one of the LA teams rather than the Knicks.

I still have faith in the Wizards to build a good team in what seems like will be a top heavy conference with superstars. In the next 2-3 years there will be elite big men entering the draft. if we can get maybe 2 or 3 of them then we should be able to compete with the top teams (Robinson from Kansas, Davis from UK, Sullinger, and the new UCONN big man)