Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wall must have a great metabolism, because he was in great shape when we drafted him.  Imagine what he could be eating healthy.  Or was it during his injury time that he ate fast food, because he did come back chunky?

I remember Wall giving a video tour of his condo.  He opened the fridge and there was nothing but snacks in there...Lil'Debbie's, chips, etc....

I mean, he came into the league as a teen.  He's now 22 and understands what it takes to be a professional both on and off the court.  I'm happy with the decisions he's making in his life because it seems like he "gets it." 

yes I am was one of his biggest critics and fans at the exact same time felt weird at times. Wall has grown up hes ready to put the team on his back and take it to the next level. This 16 points 7 to 8 assist guy has got to stop. Wall is capible of 20 and 10 like he shown the 2 months of the season a superstar not a solid point guard. A few weeks ago I brought a Wall swingman jersey for 49.00 regular price 90 almost half off looks  nice.

Clutch03-

Except this is the same GM who traded the fifth pick in the draft for mike miller and Randy Foye...

I get it I'm not high on EG either but I'm only going to beat him up over the bad decision he does make and not rumors.  It just doesn't make sense to get all worked up and mad at EG for a bad deal he never even considered or executed. 

That's why I said "if".  If he's allowed to make the trade then I'm done because it proves that there is simply no hope left.  It's like going back to the same female who cheats on you over and over again hoping things will be different this time around.  At some point you've just got to throw in the towel.

Right but at the point you first made that statement the trade rumor had already been debunked.  It wasn't even about "allowing" EG to make the trade.  EG never considered it so what is the point in getting all worked up and renouncing your fanship?  Like I said before I'm in it for the long haul, I don't renounce my fanship for anything.  Shoot I've been a Skins fans through THE WORST of times.  So I guess I just don't understand the "throw in the towel" mentality.  But I guess we are just different in how we look at it and that's fine.

Clutch03-

Except this is the same GM who traded the fifth pick in the draft for mike miller and Randy Foye...

I get it I'm not high on EG either but I'm only going to beat him up over the bad decision he does make and not rumors.  It just doesn't make sense to get all worked up and mad at EG for a bad deal he never even considered or executed. 

That's why I said "if".  If he's allowed to make the trade then I'm done because it proves that there is simply no hope left.  It's like going back to the same female who cheats on you over and over again hoping things will be different this time around.  At some point you've just got to throw in the towel.

Right but at the point you first made that statement the trade rumor had already been debunked.  It wasn't even about "allowing" EG to make the trade.  EG never considered it so what is the point in getting all worked up and renouncing your fanship?  Like I said before I'm in it for the long haul, I don't renounce my fanship for anything.  Shoot I've been a Skins fans through THE WORST of times.  So I guess I just don't understand the "throw in the towel" mentality.  But I guess we are just different in how we look at it and that's fine.

I've been a Bullets/Wizards fan my whole life and honestly I know absolutely no one else personally who is...  The reality is I'm just done with Grunfeld.  I'm done with trading picks for cash when Dejuan Blair is still on the board or drafting European players to stash overseas when we can't even field a .500 team.  We have an owner who doesn't care and an GM who just has no clue what he's doing with absolutely no change in sight.  The reality is my love for the Redskins is a lot different than any other sports team I follow but I've stuck it out quite a bit with the Wizards,it's just getting very hard to continue to do so with Grunfeld in charge.

Clutch03-

I get it I'm not high on EG either but I'm only going to beat him up over the bad decision he does make and not rumors. It just doesn't make sense to get all worked up and mad at EG for a bad deal he never even considered or executed.

That's why I said "if". If he's allowed to make the trade then I'm done because it proves that there is simply no hope left. It's like going back to the same female who cheats on you over and over again hoping things will be different this time around. At some point you've just got to throw in the towel.

Right but at the point you first made that statement the trade rumor had already been debunked. It wasn't even about "allowing" EG to make the trade. EG never considered it so what is the point in getting all worked up and renouncing your fanship? Like I said before I'm in it for the long haul, I don't renounce my fanship for anything. Shoot I've been a Skins fans through THE WORST of times. So I guess I just don't understand the "throw in the towel" mentality. But I guess we are just different in how we look at it and that's fine.

I've been a Bullets/Wizards fan my whole life and honestly I know absolutely no one else personally who is... The reality is I'm just done with Grunfeld. I'm done with trading picks for cash when Dejuan Blair is still on the board or drafting European players to stash overseas when we can't even field a .500 team. We have an owner who doesn't care and an GM who just has no clue what he's doing with absolutely no change in sight. The reality is my love for the Redskins is a lot different than any other sports team I follow but I've stuck it out quite a bit with the Wizards,it's just getting very hard to continue to do so with Grunfeld in charge.

I get being fed up with EG. But in this case he actually did the right thing. The Bulls offered that ridiculous deal and EG said No. So like I said before no reason to get worked up. If EG is as bad as you believe he is then its only a matter of time before he does something worthy of you getting fed up to quit the team.

Clutch03-

The reality is I'm just a glutton for punishment so I will never quit cheering for them, it's just more of my frustrations talking.  I've been in it for the long haul for quite some time now and couldn't just quit caring at this point no matter how much I'd like too.

Clutch03-

The reality is I'm just a glutton for punishment so I will never quit cheering for them, it's just more of my frustrations talking.  I've been in it for the long haul for quite some time now and couldn't just quit caring at this point no matter how much I'd like too.

I completely understand.  The good news is that EG isn't all bad.  He's made some mistakes but I think adding Wall, Beal, Webster, Ariza, Okafur and Nene to the roster were all good moves and they seem to play well together.  If he hits on this trade pick then this team has a chance to be in the playoffs.

Clutch03-

I've been a Bullets/Wizards fan my whole life and honestly I know absolutely no one else personally who is...  The reality is I'm just done with Grunfeld.  I'm done with trading picks for cash when Dejuan Blair is still on the board or drafting European players to stash overseas when we can't even field a .500 team.  We have an owner who doesn't care and an GM who just has no clue what he's doing with absolutely no change in sight.  The reality is my love for the Redskins is a lot different than any other sports team I follow but I've stuck it out quite a bit with the Wizards,it's just getting very hard to continue to do so with Grunfeld in charge.

Meet me.  I started watching them in the 1976-77 season.  I was 8 years old.  I watched Wes, Elvin, Bobby D., Mitch, Grevey, Greg Ballard et al win the title in the 1977-78 season live. Been a fan my whole life (or since I was 8).

I completely understand.  The good news is that EG isn't all bad.  He's made some mistakes but I think adding Wall, Beal, Webster, Ariza, Okafur and Nene to the roster were all good moves and they seem to play well together.  If he hits on this trade pick then this team has a chance to be in the playoffs.

I think Okafor and Ariza were an expensive band aid designed to mask Grunfeld's years of mistakes along the front line in response to his two year extension from Ted Leonsis. He needed to do something to turn the disaster he created into something that might win immediately.  While it certainly improved the team it also ate up all of the teams cap space and gives the Wizards a two year window to find replacements without being able to add any significant free agents.  

The Wizards absolutely have to either draft or trade for a starting center or PF before the start of next season.  They'll also need to acquire a starting SF if they don't re-sign Webster.  The front line could very easily go from "average/good" in 2013-14 to "horrible" in 2014-15 because the guys behind the starters would make absolutely terrible starters in the NBA.  

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

Clutch03-

I get it I'm not high on EG either but I'm only going to beat him up over the bad decision he does make and not rumors. It just doesn't make sense to get all worked up and mad at EG for a bad deal he never even considered or executed.

That's why I said "if". If he's allowed to make the trade then I'm done because it proves that there is simply no hope left. It's like going back to the same female who cheats on you over and over again hoping things will be different this time around. At some point you've just got to throw in the towel.

Right but at the point you first made that statement the trade rumor had already been debunked. It wasn't even about "allowing" EG to make the trade. EG never considered it so what is the point in getting all worked up and renouncing your fanship? Like I said before I'm in it for the long haul, I don't renounce my fanship for anything. Shoot I've been a Skins fans through THE WORST of times. So I guess I just don't understand the "throw in the towel" mentality. But I guess we are just different in how we look at it and that's fine.

I've been a Bullets/Wizards fan my whole life and honestly I know absolutely no one else personally who is... The reality is I'm just done with Grunfeld. I'm done with trading picks for cash when Dejuan Blair is still on the board or drafting European players to stash overseas when we can't even field a .500 team. We have an owner who doesn't care and an GM who just has no clue what he's doing with absolutely no change in sight. The reality is my love for the Redskins is a lot different than any other sports team I follow but I've stuck it out quite a bit with the Wizards,it's just getting very hard to continue to do so with Grunfeld in charge.

You realize Dejuan Blair basically rode the bench all year and is in the doghouse in San Antonio right? Your point still stands, that reference was bugging me though.

Anyway, I'm watching ESPN's draft preview special...ugh. Just ugh. And can someone explain to me why Bill Simmons is on TV?

If I was stuck in a room with Simmons, Jason Reid and UnWise Mike and had a gun with two bullets, I'm shooting myself in the head, twice.

• Like 1

One thing I want to say to everyone who's against us drafting Porter, I remember people saying similar things about Kawhi. I really remember the argument about Kawhi being that you don't draft that high for somebody who doesn't have superstar potential. My opinion then and now is that you draft the player who has the best chance of helping your team. Its cool to have superstar potential but what does that matter if said player isn't close to reaching it (Jan Vesely, Kwame Brown)? I'm much more in favor of somebody who's shown that they're ready to contribute today if need be even if it means that they may not develop into the all star that we hope for. But lets be real, we made Jamison and Butler into all stars and its not like those guys set the world on fire with potential. The fact that we had a good team and a dynamic offense and Gilbert helped them out. I don't see any reason that if we can't turn things around and start making the playoffs that we can't make Porter into an all star in a similar way.

Also, I find it funny that guys think making the playoffs as an 8th seed is the worse position for this franchise. I'm sorry, but when you've been as irrelevant as this franchise has for so long as it has (with the exception of the Gilbert years), then the 8th seed is an improvement. Having a .500 season will bring basketball back into the conversations on sports shows in this city again - the same way that they now talk about the Nationals a lot more than they did when the Nats were losing 100 games per year. Maybe an 8th seed is not the way towards a championship, but baby steps. I'm just looking to be able to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and say I'm a Wizards fan without having others give me the pat on the back like "I understand man".

-G.A.C.O.L.B

But Blair has had some success for the Spurs and would've meant more to the Wizards than a trade for cash.

One thing I want to say to everyone who's against us drafting Porter, I remember people saying similar things about Kawhi. I really remember the argument about Kawhi being that you don't draft that high for somebody who doesn't have superstar potential. My opinion then and now is that you draft the player who has the best chance of helping your team. Its cool to have superstar potential but what does that matter if said player isn't close to reaching it (Jan Vesely, Kwame Brown)? I'm much more in favor of somebody who's shown that they're ready to contribute today if need be even if it means that they may not develop into the all star that we hope for. But lets be real, we made Jamison and Butler into all stars and its not like those guys set the world on fire with potential. The fact that we had a good team and a dynamic offense and Gilbert helped them out. I don't see any reason that if we can't turn things around and start making the playoffs that we can't make Porter into an all star in a similar way.

Also, I find it funny that guys think making the playoffs as an 8th seed is the worse position for this franchise. I'm sorry, but when you've been as irrelevant as this franchise has for so long as it has (with the exception of the Gilbert years), then the 8th seed is an improvement. Having a .500 season will bring basketball back into the conversations on sports shows in this city again - the same way that they now talk about the Nationals a lot more than they did when the Nats were losing 100 games per year. Maybe an 8th seed is not the way towards a championship, but baby steps. I'm just looking to be able to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and say I'm a Wizards fan without having others give me the pat on the back like "I understand man".

Porter or Noel for me. 

Amen.  People that knock the Hawks and Bucks about just being low playoff seeds year after year kill me.  I'd take that 10 times out of 10 over what we've been going through.  I'm a lot more tired of being irrelevant than being mediocre.  I'd love to be mediocre team atleast there is hope in that.  Atleast tease me that the team has a chance. 

Amen.  People that knock the Hawks and Bucks about just being low playoff seeds year after year kill me.  I'd take that 10 times out of 10 over what we've been going through.  I'm a lot more tired of being irrelevant than being mediocre.  I'd love to be mediocre team atleast there is hope in that.  Atleast tease me that the team has a chance.

At least Atlanta's having (somewhat realistic) dreams about signing that next big player to take them over the top, or making a trade to move them up the ladder. We're still trying to become a playoff team. Its hard to even think of landing a top tier FA or even trade when your team smells like the cellar.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/27/gilbert-arenas-arrest-fireworks/

Law enforcement sources tell us Arenas was pulled over by California Highway Patrol around 2:30 AM in Los Angeles for speeding in a Ford pickup -- but officers immediately saw that the truck was filled with fireworks ... sitting in plain sight in the bed and cab of the truck.

We're told Arenas was arrested and will be booked for possession of illegal fireworks, and cited for speeding -- he was allegedly doing 80 mph -- and driving without a license.

It's unclear exactly how much fireworks were in the truck, but it was enough that LAPD bomb squad was called to handle the illegal booty.

Our camera guy counted around 20 boxes being unloaded ... very carefully.

sounds like it would have been one hell of a 4th celebration

I want Porter. I think he would be good in the role he would be playing with the Wizards.

He won't be "the man" and I think that will have him to relax a bit. It seemed like he played too tense at times. But he was able to rise above it and he played well and I want to see him paired with Wall and Beal.

Still think Porter will be the pick, even if Noel is on the board.

Ernie will want to add the piece who can make the most impact to make a run at the 8th seed, he's working for a contract extension. I would imagine that Porter intrigues him because he should be able to help the team, even if his stats don't necessarily blow you away.

i wish there was a way to get kevin love.   Ernie needs to try and focus on making that happen....if not its porter.

Could we get Love for Beal, #1 in 2013. #1 in 2014 and kevin Seprharin ???

I'm pretty sure Minnesota would jump all over that...but it's a VERY steep price.  I'd give up either a first this year or next, but not both. 

i wish there was a way to get kevin love.   Ernie needs to try and focus on making that happen....if not its porter.

Could we get Love for Beal, #1 in 2013. #1 in 2014 and kevin Seprharin ???

You seriously want to get rid of Beal after what he showed his rookie season?  Kevin Love is very good, don't get me wrong but dealing Beal and multiple first round picks for him seems like taking a step back...