Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Why do people listen to this idiot

Guy figured out a long time ago what Trump proved. There are thousands of idiots in this country who will hang on your every word if you throw out bombastic hot takes.

Cowherd was an irrelevant joke 10 years ago. Still can’t believe he has a television show that’s watched by more than a couple thousand people, but the USA continually likes to prove its better than any other country, especially in being stupid.

• Thanks 1

Bob Dandridge Day: Honoring his NBA Hall of Fame achievement

RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - Former NBA star and Richmond native Bob Dandridge will be recognized Saturday, June 11, as part of ‘Bob Dandridge Day’ for being inducted into the NBA Hall of Fame.

The Maggie Walker alumni is among the best players to wear a Norfolk State University uniform. He played for the Spartans from 1965 to 1969, averaging 32.3 points a game during his senior season.

His retired number 12 jersey now hangs from the rafters at Echols Hall. After college, he was drafted to the Milwaukee Bucks and played for the Washington bullets.

Saturday night, his former teammates will join family and friends to honor his success.

https://www.nbc12.com/2022/06/10/bob-dandridge-day-honoring-his-nba-hall-fame-achievement/

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Might as well trade KP if you bring in another ball dominate PG. In trying to build an actual team long term, the move would make little sense. 

I saw a proposal of KP, KCP, and a 2023 #1 for Wall and 2022 #17.

I’d like to see what Beal and KP can do together.  This trade makes the team smaller.  But they could play with more pace.  Wall could make Kuzma better.

Edited by Ball Security

47 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I saw a proposal of KP, KCP, and a 2023 #1 for Wall and 2022 #17.

I’d like to see what Beal and KP can do together.  This trade makes the team smaller.  But they could play with more pace.  Wall could make Kuzma better.

No.

What we want is for Wall to get bought out and we sign him outright 

39 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Don't really want that.

I'm just responding to the possibility of trading for him. 😀

55 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Might happen.  But you also have the Lakers who could give up draft picks with Westbrook.  Houston may not have to buy him out.

Yeah, from all reports the Lakers aren't willing to do that.

We'll see.

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I'm just responding to the possibility of trading for him. 😀

Hopefully he can get a 2nd act in his career. Not here. Ted already has an issue with letting go and embracing a rebuild. Next thing you know, it'll be 2035 and both Wall/Beal in their 40s are on this team as Ted declares them the 2 headed monster. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Hopefully he can get a 2nd act in his career. Not here. Ted already has an issue with letting go and embracing a rebuild. Next thing you know, it'll be 2035 and both Wall/Beal in their 40s are on this team as Ted declares them the 2 headed monster. 

I  wouldn't mind him returning in part because he'll probably be cheaper than some of the other options I've heard mentioned (trading for Brogdon etc)

Just now, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I  wouldn't mind him returning in part because he'll probably be cheaper than some of the other options I've heard mentioned (trading for Brogdon etc)

I don't know what happened in Houston. But they paid him to stay away. Maybe he can play. I don't know. Coming back here, and being what? A bench guy? and not the face. That just doesn't seem like something he could handle. Wish him the best elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I don't know what happened in Houston. But they paid him to stay away. Maybe he can play. I don't know. Coming back here, and being what? A bench guy? and not the face. That just doesn't seem like something he could handle. Wish him the best elsewhere.

He clearly wouldn't be the franchise guy but a bench player?

Who currently on the roster would start over him?

And as for what happened in Houston: They drafted three perimeter players and wanted to go with a youth movement.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Bench player?

Who is starting over him here?

And as for what happened in Houston: They drafted three perimeter players and wanted to go with a youth movement.

A youth movement. I like the sound of that. Let's do that. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Beal, KP, Wall with the rest of the roster is probably enough for a playoff birth.  What that's good for, that's a different question.

Best case would be some aging team does a sign and trade for Beal with multiple first round picks and we start over.