Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I think every team should have knock down shooters on the bench.  You can’t have enough front court shooting in this league, it just sucks to spend the 15th overall on a guy that can’t guard his position or create his own shot.  

• Like 1

They blew it last year. Could have had Haliburton at PG and then drafted Kispert this year....but now we have to fix the mistake of drafting Deni by getting someone who can actually shoot.

Maybe someone will take him off our hands for us since we have an overload at the SF position now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

I think every team should have knock down shooters on the bench.  You can’t have enough front court shooting in this league, it just sucks to spend the 15th overall on a guy that can’t guard his position or create his own shot.  

If they are delusional enough to think they can compete for the playoffs, which seems to be the case, then picking a guy who can immediately contribute as a shooter makes sense. 

Between KCP and this guy, we may have added two players who shoot 40% from 3. Pretty good for a team that was bottom of the league last year. 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Kispert is a fine player but at #15 he's kinda meh. He's the kind of guy you love to get at like 20 or later.

I understand what you're saying but not much difference between 15 and 20 honestly.

If he's your guy then take him and be done with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I understand what you're saying but not much difference between 15 and 20 honestly.

If he's your guy then take him and be done with it.

I guess. I don't really follow the NBA draft as much as the NFL and its not really like the NFL draft anyway. For the most part you're drafting role players outside of the lottery, with a few exceptions of course, but it isn't like the NFL draft where you can get All Pros regularly in the teens or later.

• Thanks 1