Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

14 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I did slightly troll......so my bad :)

Look, you're a cool dude, but you can't come in our thread and tell us we suck and need to accept that then expect it to go well.  Steve is right, there's no reason we can't be optimistic and realistic at the same time.  I refuse to accept we're perpetually doomed, where's the fun in that?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Look, you're a cool dude, but you can't come in our thread and tell us we suck and need to accept that then expect it to go well.  Steve is right, there's no reason we can't be optimistic and realistic at the same time.  I refuse to accept we're perpetually doomed, where's the fun in that?

Oh Lord..........I said your team was average, like most of the teams in the NBA, including mine.  I never said the Wiz were doomed to hell for the rest of eternity and would never make the playoffs for another 50 years.  I actually have said in the NBA thread and in here, that I see the Wiz as a 43-45 win team if healthy and my team not making the playoffs.  

I never said the Wiz suck.  Saying they won't win 50 games isn't saying they suck.  And I think you are a cool dude too Renegade :)

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Oh Lord..........I said your team was average, like most of the teams in the NBA, including mine.  I never said the Wiz were doomed to hell for the rest of eternity and would never make the playoffs for another 50 years.  I actually have said in the NBA thread and in here, that I see the Wiz as a 43-45 win team if healthy and my team not making the playoffs.  

I never said the Wiz suck.  Saying they won't win 50 games isn't saying they suck.  And I think you are a cool dude too Renegade :)

It's all good, bro : )  To us, mediocre is so old, it might as well be suck.  .500 basketball with a Max contract backcourt is unacceptable.  We're better then that until proven otherwise (and like I told other Wiz fans in this thread, one game is too early to say "here we go again").

Look, I'm quick to defend my teams, its a habit that's not going anywhere.  So since this ain't the NBA thread, I feel its more then fair to say "tread carefully" in here, because yes, we're sick and tired of sucky to mediocre basketball.  And there's a good lot of us that believe that will never change as long as Ernie is here.  That doesn't mean we want to here it from you : )  

Take it easy guys. I was simply saying...well, what I said. 

I never said that the team was horrible. Just that you can not project confidence and then fear at the same time along with backpedaling. I certainly was expecting a win from my team last night. Same time, I try to be realistic. 

Lakers will make the playoffs...I don't expect more than that. 

16 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The Wizards dealt with injuries and bad coaching last year and finished .500

Getting 50 wins shouldn't be out of the question with a better roster this year.  Obviously a lot has to go right, but this is something that every NBA team says. 

• Like 2

Getting out-rebounded again.  Mahimai can't get back fast enough.  Rebounds are about hustle, too, I just don't get it, what are we waiting for?  I don't sense the urgency, desperation to survive every night.

Dude, Porter, if you you're going to come at the rim like that, f'n dunk, bro.  Don't weak sauce that no more.

I love Otto Porter.  He just always does the right thing.

Wall's energy in this second quarter has really lifted the team.  He's running the show.

This spacing tonight has been all jacked up.  It feels like the players don't get this offense yet.  They keep crowding each other.

Good God!!  They can't stop Wall.  Murdering them in transition.

• Like 1