Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Beal is a good player when healthy, but he's 22 and already has a history of injuries, and is already on a minutes restriction. That's a LOT of baggage for a max player. A Max guy is someone you shouldn't have to worry about at all. Beal is just too much of a risk. Just because he's your best option doesn't mean you have to pay him. That's how we ended up with the messes of contracts like Gil and Jamison among others. With the money you save by not signing Beal you could potentially get 2-3 other good players that are reliable and durable.

Gil got a monster contract after a horrific knee injury and he wasn't 22. These situations are not comparable.

Butler played an entire season and Chicago isn't more than about a game better than us, and Brad hardly played. He's been overrated this year, and had picked up some serious bad shot jacking tendencies. Middleton has a 3 point shot and that's it. McCollum has 1 good year out if 4 injury plagued ones? Pg13 has been playing the 3/4 all season. Wiggins is still raw and just pure athleticism.

Only derozan, wade, and harden have been better. And harden doesn't play defense.

Anyways, you can't compare roles when our entire everything runs through wall and randy wittman's color-by-number playbook. Neal is right now a top 5-6 sg in the league and should be paid accordingly. I have confidence he will get better under another coach.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

There's no 2016 draft?

wizards are unlikely to have any picks in this years draft. They've been traded away. The first round pick is top 9 protected, but because the Wizards are on pace to just miss the playoffs, they aren't likely to land a top 9 pick in the draft lottery.

wizards are unlikely to have any picks in this years draft. They've been traded away. The first round pick is top 9 protected, but because the Wizards are on pace to just miss the playoffs, they aren't likely to land a top 9 pick in the draft lottery.

...all their draft picks were traded away? Are they crazy?

Butler played an entire season and Chicago isn't more than about a game better than us, and Brad hardly played. He's been overrated this year, and had picked up some serious bad shot jacking tendencies. Middleton has a 3 point shot and that's it. McCollum has 1 good year out if 4 injury plagued ones? Pg13 has been playing the 3/4 all season. Wiggins is still raw and just pure athleticism.

Only derozan, wade, and harden have been better. And harden doesn't play defense.

Anyways, you can't compare roles when our entire everything runs through wall and randy wittman's color-by-number playbook. Neal is right now a top 5-6 sg in the league and should be paid accordingly. I have confidence he will get better under another coach.

Bulls were 27-23 before Butler got hurt and missed over a month.

I follow the NFL MUCH closer than the NBA, NHL and MLB. I only follow the Wizards once in a while to see how they're doing, so I'm not up to date on how many draft picks they have, or don't have, or how many they trade away.

Don't sweat not knowing the draft pick situation. I'm teasing you for asking if you thought the front office was crazy. Yes. Yes they are.