Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Eh, I can see that.  He does need to play with an edge.  I liked seeing him go right at Hibbert on that And-1 they didn't call, and then later lay the big guy out on that loose ball in front of our bench.  Then he got animated and argued the call with the ref.  The Pacers were trying to punk him, cheap shotting him, pushing off, setting illegal screens, etc.  It got him into the heat of the game and he started hitting back.  I just wish Wall and Beal had actually looked his way down the stretch instead of trying to play hero ball every possession.

But him being inconsistent with his aggressiveness doesn't change the fact that Randy horribly mismanaged him and yanking around their minutes for playing poorly is how you get a young player to be less aggressive.  Young players are up and down from day to day.  That's one of the eternal truths about the NBA.  Real coaches find a real solution to that limitation and develop their young talent--one that isn't bench the kid until I can no longer justify playing the washed up guys ahead of him.

Not disagreeing with what you said, but I think it all comes down to some of Wittman, and Otto's make up. 

Hopefully, the next coach in here can get more out of Porter.  Jury is still out and I will still say he's a bust, until he proves otherwise. 

*edit*

New wizards logo!  No more wizard!  Unfortunately, I'm having problems posting the pic, but it's on the monumental page.

Edited by RonArtest15

Not disagreeing with what you said, but I think it all comes down to some of Wittman, and Otto's make up. 

Hopefully, the next coach in here can get more out of Porter.  Jury is still out and I will still say he's a bust, until he proves otherwise. 

*edit*

New wizards logo!  No more wizard!  Unfortunately, I'm having problems posting the pic, but it's on the monumental page.

Ted is doing everything possible to deemphasize the name "Wizards".

Just change the name back to "Bullets" and be done with it.  :)

• Like 2

Ted is doing everything possible to deemphasize the name "Wizards".

Just change the name back to "Bullets" and be done with it.  :)

Yeah I don't know why they don't just get rid of Wizards and find another name. Besides the name on their jersey, you'd have no idea this team has anything to do with Wizards anymore.

We need a coach with some understanding of how to develop young players. And we need one who can understand how to best use Otto on the court.

I wish we'd gotten Steve Kerr. Harrison Barnes and Klay Thompson have both taken the kind of steps forward we want to see out of Otto and Beal. And Draymond Green really came out of nowhere and became the player they hoped they were getting in Iggy. And of course Steph Curry went from being really good but not totally consistent and complete, to the MVP. That's the leap we want Wall to make too.

The Warriors have literally laid it all out for us in how to go from being one of the league's very worst franchises to one of the best. We need to be copying them.

The name is still The Wizards... Grow a set already Ted and just change it. I dont get it. You are perfectly ok with seeing 70% of your fans wearing (and buying in your merchandise stores) Bullets gear in the phone booth, but you are above changing the name back? Thats gutless. Cant have it both ways.

• Like 1

This scenario occurs to me:

- We beat Toronto in the "sad sack fan base series."

- Al Horford gets hurt and Indy rides their late season momentum to a huge upset over the team they beat in the first round last season.

- Chicago beats a worn out Cleveland team in the second round.

- We end Indy's Cindarella run.

- You guessed it, we draw a Chicago team that is the rock to our paper in the ECF.

- We make an improbable Finals run where we are swept by Golden State or San Antonio.

- Ernie and Randy get lifetime extensions.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Most likely scenario:

We lose to Toronto in 6. No changes are made because Leonsis lacks courage.

Yeah I can see that too.

I'm actually having a hard time picturing Randy getting fired in my mind, and an even harder time picturing Grunfeld getting fired. That improbably run to the Finals is more likely than Grunfeld getting canned.

I believe that if we do beat Toronto and give Atlanta a series then Ted will use that as justification for doing nothing. And be smug about it. I think the only way Randy gets fired is if our series against Toronto is so negative and embarrassing that the atmosphere around the team becomes so poisonous we get a fan revolt.

The players need to fully quit on Randy for him to go.

I don't want to be that guy - guy who criticizes everything new.

But that logo is dreadful. I had to stare at it for three seconds and let my eyes focus before I could figure out what it was.

I actually don't hate the little Wizard dude.

Nothing would make Wizards cool.

Just go back to Bullets already. Enough is enough. Its obvious Ted wants to.

This Cleveland team is very mortal sans LeBron. Was expecting to get killed once I saw no Wall, Pierce, Beal, or Nene. But it looks like Cleveland needs LeBron to make their offense work about as much as we need Wall.

Look at Rasual Butler and Otto Porter ballin

Sessions needs to stop missing open lay ups.

Kyrie Irving hero-ball and drive and kicks to Kevin Love are the only things they've got going for them tonight. Might be enough to beat us when Wall and Beal sit. But not if we play good defense.

Nice shot from Sessions earlier to establish the 3 ball early on. If he can force the defense out that far, it can really open up the pick and roll and pop game for the forwards.

No ****ing hustle for loose balls and defensive rebounds. Just pathetic effort on the glass.

And immediately after I post that, another ****ty effort on the glass gives the Cavs another offensive rebound! We're lucky we're hitting every shot we take.

God DeJuan Blair and Will Bynum absolutely suck at defense.